GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Hey Goose looking good in here man! Do you mean teaspoon because the grow big bottle says 2-3 teaspoons per gallon for a general feed. Maybe that's why my yield has been so low and my buds so fluffy. lol

Ooops! My bad! I meant to say "2" tablespoons in the four gallons. I usually do 1 TBSP per gallon of water when I am feeding any of my plants in veg. Its the FF Tiger Bloom that is TWO TBSP per gallon. I have written this on the bottles in black Sharpie marker so I don't forget when I am mixing stuff up!

Forgot that I had an appointment in town today, so I may not get to the cloning stuff till tomorrow or Wednesday now. No worries. The mother plants are doing great and I have plenty of light height left before I need to prune the tops.

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Well...I had a bit of free time this morning, so I went ahead and filled up the Tubo Klone T-48 with tap water and added three tablespoons of Grow Big to the water. Got it running now on the cycle timer with a 30 minute on and 1 minute off. Going to let the water come up to temp and then check the PH. Our well water is really cold now, so the water I put in was 45 degrees F! Need to let the pump warm that up to the low 60s and get the PH stable before I put any cuttings in there. Thats why I am letting the pump run so long between off cycles. During cloning it runs 4 minutes on and 1 minute off.

So... I am looking at cuttings tomorrow or Wednesday at this point.

Stay tuned! :)

its sounding really good to me, my sincerest sympathies on your loss, i hope we all get to go as strong as your pops thats livin it your way for sure! :peace::Namaste:

Thanks Man! We are getting on with our lives now... Going to take his ashes over to Catalina Island this spring and scatter them along the outer waters of Avalon Bay, and all the way down to Long Point. I'll be driving the same boat that we used to take over there every summer back in the day! (38 foot SeaRay) He would have loved this idea! Catalina Island was one of his most favorite places on earth and he loved that boat!

And soon...What is left of his mortal coil will be one with it forever, set on their journey off the stern of his baby! ;)

That sounds nice Goose. I bet that is beautiful trip man.

That sounds nice Goose. I bet that is beautiful trip man.

Thanks Gitter!!

I haven't been to the island in 12 years! Will be fun to take the boat out onto the ocean again! I am used to the calmer waters of the local lakes! ;)

I also wanted to report that I took cuttings from GDP 1 last night and they are in the cloner now. Took 5 cuttings just in case I lost one or two. The stems were really thick! I was surprised that I couldn't find any growth that didn't have at least a 1/4 inch thick stem.

I will try to post some photos soon!

Cheers :)

Got the GDP #2 cuttings in the cloner now! Had to use the growng tip on both plants cause there were not that many viable secondary growing tips to choose from. All the stems are thick, but I still think they will root OK. GDP is a VERY easy strain to clone. at least I have never had any problems. It was always at least 7 days ahead of the Blue Cheese when they were in there together.

Photos will come tonight!

Stay tuned! :)

CLONING BEGINS!
GDP #1 and #2 cuttings now in the Turbo Klone

Here are the latest photos taken a few minutes ago...

P10106462.JPG
P10106471.JPG
P1010648.JPG
P10106491.JPG
P10106503.JPG
P10106511.JPG
P10106521.JPG

looks good! How often do you normally exchange the air under the dome. I do mine about once a day for about 30 minutes to an hour.
I found that it prevents that fluffy white mold from forming if I let them dry out really good then mist them down again with filtered water before re installing the dome lid. I use peat plugs so I have to stay on top of them a little more but I still have pretty good success if I stay on top of them.

Hey Gitter!

I only leave that on there for about 4-5 days until the cuttings stabilize and then I remove it. I mist the dome twice a day during that period to help keep the cuttings from wilting until they adapt to their new environment. :)

Ok your all updated! now get over to my journal and get caught up :rofl: I have had some great progress in the last couple of weeks plus I'm bored.

Air Pot Reclaimation
Time to unwrap all the root balls and get these babies stored for winter!

P101000344.JPG
P101000445.JPG
P101000552.JPG
P101000838.JPG
P101000935.JPG

Root Balls!
When these dry out in the spring, we can shake off all the soil and reuse it for our Jalepeno Pepper grow in 2013. Soil still has a lot of good nutes in it and Cocoblend can be reused dozens of times if you take the time to shake out the root balls.

P101000750.JPG
P101000646.JPG

Great job on the plants & clones, brother! I'm real sorry to hear about your dad but good he went the way he wanted. :Namaste:

Dayumm... I missed a few days due to some 'puter probs. I'm glad dad went the way he wanted. It's best not to have to endure the slow decline in the hospital.

<Imperial March plays> Clone army is coming along nicely, gonna have some seeds to preserve Ken's genetics in no time.

Hey Goose - you've been in my thoughts lately buddy, hope you're doing okay. Was sure sorry about the loss of your dad. Nice reuse of your soil/media - I hate cleaning up after a grow!

Thanks guys for the nice words of condolence about my old man! We miss him of course, especially at this time of the year, but life goes on as they say.

In terms of the cloning session...

I've been having a bit of difficulty controlling the water temp in the cloner this time around. I usually clone out new plants in late March or early April when we have a more likely need to use our central AC. This time of year we are lucky to get into the high 40s up here and at night we are in the low 30s and below and we do need to heat the rest of the house! So...Nothing to cool down that closet where the cloner is! I have been having to resort to dropping in a small BLUE ICE thing once a day to keep the temp in the 70-75 degree range. Otherwise, that water temp can get into the 80s pretty quick!

I also decided to take two more CYA clones from GDP #2. I remember that this plant was the runt of the litter last season when I was cloning the 2012 GDP out. She also was the last to root in the cloner, but in the end, that problematic plant produced the highest yield of any of the 5 GDP plants I had going. Her cuttings are acting up the same way. GDP 1's cuttings are looking great, just like the mother plant looked when she was a little cutting in the cloner last spring.

So... Hopefully I can get at least two GDP 2 cuttings to root out of the 6 that are now in there. We shall see. Another couple of days to go before I take the humidity dome off and see how they do in the open air. That will definitely help with the water temp cause the dome tends to greenhouse the top of the cloner and with that, the water inside the cloner.

Stay tuned and thanks again for all the kind words and PMs! MUCH appreciated you guys!

P.S. I always repurpose the Cannabis pot soil, BUT I always use it for our pepper plants which always do great in it. Just to play it safe, I make a point to use fresh Cocoblend for the girls in the spring. Still...You saw how many pots we had going this year! Thats at least 4 bags of soil sitting back there that I don't need to buy for the pepper crop!! ;)

Purple Rhino POTM Winner November 2012

I was going through some old unsorted photos and I was thrilled to find a great shot of my winning PR plant just before it was harvested last year. While we are waiting on the cloner session, I thought I would go ahead and post this nice photo. This plant remains hands down the most beautiful Cannabis plant I have personally ever seen.

Until this plant started producing these amazing deep rich purple flowers, I had no idea that Cannabis as a species was even capable of this kind of appearance. In person it was truly stunning!

I'm so pleased that it won, even without this newly discovered pre-harvest image taken in late September of 2011.

Purple_Rhino_POTM_November_2012.jpg

Nice to know I'm not the only one who's had heat issues with the TK - just sorry to hear it's YOU! :)
I'm in zone 10b, so it's always warm here and room temps rarely get below 75* without the A/C cranking, which is why I switched to the Rapid Rooters. At the higher temps, you may need to do some more frequent water changes and/or add some H2O2. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom