GimmeTheGoods First Grow - Advice Appreciated

Re: First time, help me please.Plants looking sick....

IMAG05301.jpg

Underwatered or something else?

no dont worry about the wrinkles on the baby leaves, those are fine, they will stretch out when they get bigger, little leaves usually look mushed together. cal mag and nutes together is fine as long as you monitor your ppms, between 800-3000. always best to stay on conservative side though, all plants will react differently to diff strength nutes.
relax, your plants are fine, they wont die over night, unless your temps out of wack, your ph is way way off, or the light falls on one.

use google, do a little more research and learn by trial and error. we wont have all the answers all the time.

Lol @ all the answers all the time. I kno man but thanks for the concern and input u helped calm my nerves a little but ima see what happens in the next 7 days....i got clearex just incase tho.....
2nd time ive felt mocked by your response. whats the deal with that?!?!

did some extra digging myself, turns out that when the leaf tips curl under, like yours are doing, it is more then likely salt build up, as well as possible over watering.

let the soil dry up a bit, then use some of that clearex and clean ph'd water to flush them.

good luck with the grow.

It looks as if there is a nitrogen deficiency with some of the ladies and Humboldt Nutrients Verde will fix that quick. Preprodigy is correct in that it should be 18/6 with the lights in veg state. As far as the wrinkles i think they will chill out once the plant mature a little more and be careful when using cal-mag it cause more harm if your not careful. Get yourself a soil combo meter to test moisture content of the soil and also with a combo meter you can check your soil ph and nutrient levels in your soil guessing is the worst thing to do when it comes to the ladies. there is a grow moderator here that is very good with his advise and if you go to BeIrie's page and read his journals and advice you will get the answers your looking for 9 times out of 10. there are a lot of rocket scientists on this sight so I recommend you go to the moderators pages and research there work to find what your looking for.

:smokin:

GTG, our members here are top notch when it comes to helping people out and can usually help out in figuring out the problem or problems.
First thing, you are in soil so your changes are going to take a few days to a week to start showing results, so don't do to many things at once or you will end up doing more harm then good.

Check your soil PH in the plants, this will eliminate any PH problems as the cause ( Root's soil will continually drop it's PH as the peat is broken down).
It will determine what you PH your watering at to.

Your lighter green plants are most likely hungry you may want to make their feed a bit stronger. Watch your watering times, looks like you are over watering to.

The yellowing at the tips is nothing yet, they mean your nutes are about what the plant can handle at this time.. If just the tips are a little burned it means you are close to what they can handle for nutes. If the burnt tips keep getting worse, then you need to cut back a bit on the nutes...

Be patient and don't try to fix them all at once... You have different strains going which may have different needs... Pay attention and figure out what they like and don't like... Keep reading up on growing and it will all turn out well... not all the plants are going to require watering and nutes at the same time...try and do it on a plant by plant basis....

PS, no need for one of those teas unles you are growing organically......

@preprodigy, bro thank you for your help and speedy replies n I never showed sarcasm or mocked you im sorry you feel like that my bad. I actually gave you rep yest. :)
@ss thanks again for your input as well,i was also thinking a n deficiency
@irie, thanks you for the info on roots soil ph drop as I was unaware of that

Alright guys if ur still around, I got home from work yest. and fed the ladies about a little less then a qtr gall. of clean phd water (6.4) followed by a little less then 1/2 gall. of the same phd water with humboldt organic grow and calmag. I checked the run off, wasnt alot just enougj to measure and it ranged between 5.5-6.0 but today they are looking better. Does soil runoff really give you an accurate reading of whats really going on in tje rootzone? I researched it and found alot of mixed feelings on the subject. I saw a vet who had some real nice ladies and claimed runoff is a waste of time and can cause more harm then good. As long as whats goin in is phd correctly and a good soil is used theres no need to check runoff so he claims. Any input on that subject guys? I feel better about my babies today because they look perky and have a slight shine again but ill see how this next week plays out. Ill post some pics later if anyone responds. Later.......

hey no worries, had rough past few days and that prob played into my miss interpretation of what was typed, you know how the internet is, with just words typed on a screen, its hard to tell what emotion was put behind them.

anyways! im glad to hear they have perked back up!! thats always a good feeling to see your babies growing strong and healthy.

as far as the run off question, that person you spoke with is right to a certain extent. run off is not going to read the exact ph levels that the soil is at, but it will give you a good indication within .1-.6 degrees of ph, depending on how large of a pot your using, larger pots = more soil which equals greater chance of variation of ph levels threw out the root zone.

having good soil is key! this will ensure that your ph is stable and dosent constantly jump around due to unstable trace elements found in that particular soils fertilizers.
your best best is to get yourself a soil meter like "ssnugs" suggested, its a prob that sticks right into the soil like a turkey baster. this will give you the most accurate ph reading of the soil as you can get.

measuring run off water isnt exact but until you get a ph meter, it is just a good habit to check and make sure that your ph in the soil isnt extremely high, or extremely low. remember run off wont be exact, but it is close enough that if you see a ph thats too high or too low, you can address it immediately before any damage is done.

like i said its not exact. but until you get a soil ph meter its all you got. and you never want to go more then a day without checking ph. but thats just me, maybe every day might seem extensive to some. but in my eyes ph levels are key in making sure that your plants are actually able to absorb the nutrients you are paying to put into that soil. if ph is out of wack, then you get nute lock anf your plants will start to develop deficiency.. and not only that, but even ph that is slightly out of wack will reduce your plants ability to properly uptake nutes, which means slower growth.

as im sure you know, ph levels are vital so the overkill of checking everyday is worth it as far as im concerned.

quick note: just because the water your giving your plant is set to proper ph level. 6.5- 6.9 for your case, because your growing in soil. dose not mean that the water is going to stay at that level while in the soil.
when nutes are being absorbed and minerals in soil are being dissolved into each watering, the ph levels are going to fluctuate within the soil mixture. this is why it is so very vital to be monitoring your soils ph levels.
you can get a good soil ph prob from a local garden shop or home depot of 10-15 bucks.

hope that shed some light on situation, and i wasnt just rambling for nothing hahaha.
be sure to keep those pictures comming!
can wait to see what these ladies can produce >=)

later man!

IMAG05404.jpg
IMAG05442.jpg
IMAG05452.jpg
IMAG05433.jpg
IMAG05463.jpg

This is a free seed I got,auto northern lights,is this a hermie??? Looked female the other day when I noticed her forming y shaped pistils but tonight I noticed what appears as two single balls on either side of the same node.also there is one more a node or two below....whats the deal???

My roots are poking through the bottom of my 3 gal. smart pots, is this bad? 23 days old...

no thats not bad, thats good! that means you have a healthy vigorous root structure that wants to continue to grow. but yes! it is def time for a transplant!!
remember the larger your roots are! the BIGGER your yields are going to be!

before something can grow big and tall, first it must grow deep and low.
so give those roots plenty of room to stretch there legs! you'll be happy you did!

id go up to a 5 or 8 gal bucket or pot. with a 5 gal root zone and a larger yielding plant you should be able to get 4 oz to a half pound off each plant easy. provided all other elements of grow are kept within optimal conditions ;)

IMAG05404.jpg
IMAG05442.jpg
IMAG05452.jpg
IMAG05433.jpg
IMAG05463.jpg

This is a free seed I got,auto northern lights,is this a hermie??? Looked female the other day when I noticed her forming y shaped pistils but tonight I noticed what appears as two single balls on either side of the same node.also there is one more a node or two below....whats the deal???

yes sir, you called it! unfortunetly that is a hermie plant! i delt with the same issue in my first grow: 1st Time Cultivator

if you have any other females in that garden i would separate this hermie from them asap! i pushed my luck and tried to pick all the pollen sacks off before the y opened. though i could stay ontop of it, but i couldnt. i ended up cross pollinating my perfectly good female and ended up with a few loose seeds in the batch.

now i knwo a few seeds here n there sounds fine, esp if you keep hermied plant to get the extra bud off it. but you have to remember that once a plant is fertilized, its going to take the hormones it would usually use for bud development and use them for seed production instead. this end up reducing the potential quality of your crop.

No worries about the rough week bro I understand we all have those moments lol. Anyway im gonna take your advice and get a ph soil probe ive just been trying not to spend anymore money as ive already gone in pretty heavy..... Hey what do u think of the above pics? Hermie or no worries....yet. Also my tallest is about 12" and my smallest is 7" all indicas except the auto nl,should I throw em into 12/12 soon? I was aiming on a lb. dry with 12 plants in a secret jardin dr150 with 1000w super hps eye hortilux?

I cant transplant again :( I just put them in those 3gal smart pots. I had the 5 gal but thought they were to big so I swapped em out for the 3 gal as I thought 1 ft of growth per gal of potsize? Can I just keep em in the 3 gal and send em into 12/12 next week or will I screw up my harvest if they stay in their pots? Will they become rootbound and grower inferior nugs?????? Arghhh!!! This is very stressful as I am a perfectionist,feeling a bit overwhelmed........

No worries about the rough week bro I understand we all have those moments lol. Anyway im gonna take your advice and get a ph soil probe ive just been trying not to spend anymore money as ive already gone in pretty heavy..... Hey what do u think of the above pics? Hermie or no worries....yet. Also my tallest is about 12" and my smallest is 7" all indicas except the auto nl,should I throw em into 12/12 soon? I was aiming on a lb. dry with 12 plants in a secret jardin dr150 with 1000w super hps eye hortilux?

with when to put them into flower. thats all personal preff. plants will almost double in size from time they go into flower and the time you harvest them. so be sure to throw your plants into flower when there half to 2/3rds of the hieght you want them to end up at for harvest time.

1 lb off 12 plants, and there all around 8-10 inch, id say 1 lb is possible!

i hear you on money part. i just dropped some money on new setup and will be starting a new journal once my seeds are in. but we gotta put it in now to get the best quality of product for out return on investment latter. feel me?!

so def grab that soil ph meter, and if you can afford the larger pots for all plants with roots hanging out bottom of pots. the more room for those root to grow big, the higher each plants yield will be!

and again, just throw them into flower when they are 1/2 to 2/3rds the hieght you want them to be at harvest time. you dont want to veg too long and have them overgrow the space, or not long enough and loose potential bud. i usually wait until my indica strains are 10-13 in tall (this is for indica dominant or pure indica only, if sativa dominant or sativa, i flower at 8-10 inches tall because i only have enough height for a 4 ft plant)

any chance you could throw up some pics of the grow space? with dimensions??

hahaha, yeah man, i work 3rd shift and im stuck with nothing to do al night but surf the web so im usually stalking this website all night long. otherwise i'll die of boredom haha.
i mean i cant complain. get paid to sit around, but fuck if it isnt boreing as fuck!

i hear ya there! its allot to learn and being a perfectionist does mess wih your head allot! haha.

as long as the roots arent completely fighting for more rm, out those drain holes you should be fine, although 5 gal pots will allow for potentially larger yields, and will ensure you that you wont get root lock and loose any plants.

if you honestly cant transplant, then yes by all means leave them in there respective pots and just throw them into flower now. see what happens, if it gets to bad you can always transplant later on. although not recommended, it can be done no problem!

Hahaha get that easy money while reading up on ur fave past time!! Their sleeping now so I cant get any pics but I got u tomorrow when I get home. My tent dimensions are 5'11 by 5'11 and 7 ft tall I believe.But ay am I good with leaving em in the three gal pots even though the roots are poking? Am I messin with my harvest by doing so?

Hahaha get that easy money while reading up on ur fave past time!! Their sleeping now so I cant get any pics but I got u tomorrow when I get home. My tent dimensions are 5'11 by 5'11 and 7 ft tall I believe.But ay am I good with leaving em in the three gal pots even though the roots are poking? Am I messin with my harvest by doing so?

to speak freely and honestly with you, from my point of veiw. yes, not transplanting into larger pots, is going to hurt your potential yield.

if your platns roots are already fighting for more foot room, and you havent put them into harvest yet, they are going to get really tight, really quick!.
you still have 1/3 to 1/2 more growth on your plants when you put them into flower, this means that your root zone is also going to grow larger.

5 gal pots at this point will make sure you dont run into root lock (causing poor/ insufficient oxygen to the root zone, and in turn promoting potential root rot)

big healthy happy roots, equals big happy healthy buds!

even if you can find some of those cheapy thing plastic, planter pots from walmart or homedepot, or a local garden shop. you know the thin black flimsy ones that look like theyd break if you look at them wrong. although they arent meant to be used grow after grow. they will work perfect for the time being, and there cheap as dirt.

i would highly suggest transplanting!

and fuck yeah man! thats all i do, get paid to research my hobby all night, i love it! =)

nice tent! i wish i had the space for a 5X5X7, i just picked up a 2x4x7, just finished setup last night. not perfect, allot i want to improve on in terms of organized, just dont have the cash yet. its having all the outlets where i need them thats been a pain in the ass for me, timers are so bulky they eat up all the extra outlets around them, so i had trouble finding enough outlets to plug shit in haha... it dosent help our apt. was built in the 1800's and theres only 2 plugs in each rm haha. but everything works and ill be able to start n finish my next grow to make some extra cha-ching.
how much has your setup run you so far? i cant even begin to fig out what ive invested so far.

nope no need to wait after the fim, you'll be good to throw it in flower. if you look at my grow, youll notice alot of my tops have double nugs, thats because i fimed just before i threw it into flower, i think i waited a day or two tops before switching over. but that was it.

Back
Top Bottom