GimmeTheGoods First Grow - Advice Appreciated

Re: GimmeTheGoods First Grow, Advice appreciated

My dude,whats good prodigy? I just got off the clock and checked my lady friends out, looking sexy as ever!!!i snapped pics ill post em in a min. Idk if it was the bigger dose of grow or cal mag or maybe the two combined but some magic happened in the past 48hrs n im happy as can be for now.......yes im still growing em of course son! Ima let em go probaly ten more days before the flip if not two weeks.thanks for the time switch info,ill do as u say n stay on the same time frame. I only understood about 70% of what u were explainin lol what is lollipopping? Im growing out reserve privada/dna genetics o.g. Kush#18(3x), confidential cheese(3x),serious seeds white russian(3x),samasara seeds spicy white devil(1x) andtheir super sonic cristal storm(1x) which has pistils all over all ready might be autoflower I forgot as I am always blowed :) the samsaras were free n the others are my bread n butter!

IMAG05664.jpg
IMAG05653.jpg
IMAG05643.jpg
IMAG05623.jpg
IMAG05614.jpg
IMAG05604.jpg
IMAG05593.jpg

I guess the best way to describe lolloping is to show you a pic,

this is a decent example for close up (not mine)
floaug11-3.jpg

this one is mine, a better example of how high i came up, this is my hermied plant with advanced root rot, thats why its so damn shity looking, not to mention the 2 cfl supporting it haha. both my plants were trimed up exactly like this before i put them into flower, that way all the energy went to the tops instead of that bottom crap. before trimming it, this whole plant was a bush.
IMG_16224.JPG

and that equated to the this pic.
IMG_16254.JPG

and into this (thats my gas stove in the back to the right, it was just as high and almost twice as wide.):
IMG_16465.JPG

after you top, you go ahead and thin out all the fan leaves from the middle and lower section of the plant allowing more light into the lower sections. and then starting from the bottom up, go about 1/3 the way up your plant if its 1 foot tall or higher, Go almost half way up if the plants 3 foot or taller.

then draw yourself an imaginary line around that section of the plant, almost like how the equator goes around the earth. and now your going to pic off all the fan leaves and tiny branches under this line, that arent tall enough to break through that imaginary line. this is because anything grown under this imaginary line wont be getting any good light any ways so why leave them there and waste the hormones on that crap (because its just going to form crappy popcorn buds that are hard to trim n dry too fast.) when you can cut them off, re directing the hormones that were going to them and sending it up to the tallest part of the plant. for fatter colas.

this will help your plants explode in growth quick.

i was going to mention something yesterday, cause i saw in one othe the strin pics that leaf edges were sticking up, those little serrated edges, if they are lifted upwards, its caused by heat stress.
(but i only saw on one leaf, so figured it wasnt a huge issue)

the leaves do this in order to try and cool themselves off.
somethings wrong with your rm temps at night. does your cooling fan for your light turn off when your light does? if so there will be a significant heat increase in your tent, as the lights cool down. your cooling fan for your light should run for an extra 10-20 mins after the lights have turned off, this will pull all the extra heat away from the hot ass cooling hps bulb.and not let that heat from bulb cooling down just sit and build up in your tent.

i had this exact problem with my current setup during testing.

i took my fan off of the timer i have my light on, and put it on its own timer, so that when the lights go out, the fan continues to run pulling all the excess heat out of light and away from the tent to cool down the light fixture completely, before the fan turns off. this will prevent the heat form the cooling light fixture from building up in your tent.

my guess on humidity, is that all that extra heat buildup in your tent from the light and fan being off ended up being cooled by the colder air outside the tent. this caused a reversed condensation effect. which built up moisture (or humidity inside your tent.) like on the outside of a can.

you know when its hot outside and you grab a cold drink from the fridge, 2 mins later the outside of your drink has water on it.

thats heat transference. same thing happens with your tent. the inside was hotter then outside, so the inside humidity built up. and when the colder outside temps, cooled all that hot air inside the tent, the hot air turned into moisture or condensation, raising the humidity inside your tent.

having your lights cooling fan run for those additional 10-20 mins after lights shut off, will help cool the light down completely before the fan turns off. this way no extra heat builds up inside tent, during the lights cool down phase. even though the lights off it is still cranking out some serious heat for at least 10 mins.

another thing would be to ensure you have a rotating fan in the rm to help circulate air around all the leaves of your plants, not only will this help to keep them cool and happy, but it also helps to keep a fresh mixture of c02 around the leaves, which is crucial to the plants staying happy and healthy.
i only mention this because i dont recall seeing a fan in any of your pics. not saying its not there. i just didnt see one.
ok i just looked back at pics, i see the tall air purifier looking fan, which is good for stirring up the air, and prob good for tall plants but for your indica strain, until they get a bit higher, i dont think the fan is getting sufficient air flow around the lower portion of tent, where your plants currently are. might want a regular osilating 8"-12" house fan. just to still up all the air thats sitting down low on the tent floor, and really push it in threw and around all the plants lower branch structures.

Thanks dawg ur always around for some good advice,too bad I cant give u anymore rep lol. But bro I leave.my exhaust can fan on 24/7 that shit is ALWAYS on and my tower fan is always on too!!! My temp never ever ever goes higher then 84° and thats only when I got it wide open working in it. Usually my temps are between 73°-80° but mostly 77° or 78°f. I got ducting running directly from ac vent into my growrrom and ac is set on 68° 24/7 just for the babies. And all my plants do get breeze from my fan cuz I have it on full blast in the day light on period. So I dnt think heat is an issue. I read it may have something to do with nutes but have no idea.....maybe I should flush or just feed with plain phd water the next two waterings????

Ay how about I gotta move out my apt this weekend cuz of my crazy ass pyscho bitch room mate!!! Ugh....any advice on transport? Man this shit sucks,gotta break down my whole setup....smfh. I was planning on putting three girls in a box using 4 boxes and putting holes in em for air but man its gonna be hot out!

damn bro!!!
thats rough, did you get a nhandle on what was up with the rm humidty???

damn just when your getting everything dialed in you gonnta move that shit! you you can drop them ldaies off at my place haha..
nah, man idk for sure, as far as moving them bitches.

i saw a dude on youtube who had to move his plants and he just covered them with rash bags, is where 3 feet tall though. i would only make the move when the plants are in there dark cycle that way your not stealing light from them when there feeding. plus you wont stress them out form the crazy change in there lite cycle.

you know how far of a trip you gotta make??

Na didnt find out bout the rm humidity yet tho I opened a window on the tent last nite and it only went into low 60s,still rough tho. And I know man,shit sucks but thats life I guess.only bout a ten minute drive so not so bad and I think I can run the same setup but I forgot to check sockets in room layout. Moving tonite after work so ill post updates if I get finished before midnigjt. Thanks for checking in on the dun son lol ur a good guy ace! If u ever down south holla at me!!!

Hey man you never know, maybe this new place will end up being better for you overall plans anyways, lifes got a funny way of making things happen, thats for damn sure!

yeah man def keep bringing the updates, def wanna see how this grow turns out, good louck with the next 48-72 hours...
later man.

Immmmm baaaaa-AAAck! Alright ladies n gents an update has been long overdo sorry for the wait had a crazy past week of moving to a new apt n setting up everything and running around buying shit but im at work right now so ill have to post pics later when I get home after my first feeding of humboldt organic bloom and grow! Thats right im on day 4 of 12/12. :) which btw I got a samsara supersonic cristal storm auto with bud sites all over her from head to toes! Hopefully ill be harvesting her first week of dec. as I seen shes a 60 dayer from seedling. Very exciting as this is my first grow! Got another two starting to show sex,looking like females n they should as they r all feminized seeds. I was having rh issues this past week got it somewhat under control now,fluctuates between 30s to high 50s, so I ordered a alen dehumidifier from target for $193 !!!! Fml! But I need it bad especially for the last two weeks. Anyways the ladies r looking better then ever nice n full lush green standing tall n proud. Seen a 2"-4" growth spurt in the past 72hrs! Shit is crazy! Also I dropped the 1000w eye hortilux super hps to about 24"-26" above the canopy. Trying to keep a 10° + temp drop off at lights off but its kinda hard till I get my dehumidifier next week cuz I gotta keep my tent cracked open to help control rh.....well that about wraps up my update. Im out chere.......

Any advice on placing bamboo stakes into soil without damaging rootzone?
Also,last nite I watered and noticed for the 2nd time that I got mad hives like a rash all over my arms where I brushed up into the ladies,wtf? They went away after a shower n about 45min. Any thoughts?????

hey whats good man? glad to see you got that shit back in action. and already got some buds poppin off! thats whats up! shits looking good.

yeah i havent ever hard any shit like that? try to google that shit...

Lol at how many times u said shit haaaaaaa shit man! I googled it and saw a few people have reactions similar to mine but no in depth info. Yea da one wit da nhgs is an auto flower I forgot to label, its super sonic cristal storm n I hope itll be my christmas bud! Yo do u think I should remove my fan leaves,cut em in half or just leave em in regards to my confidential cheeses. Those bitches r really stacked! Super tight nodes and the leaves are fuckin fatter then that chubby girl u used to pick on in middle school lol the shoots r just hiding in shade under the fan leaves n I spent alot of money on them. I read its bad to remove fan leaves but I dont kno what to do n I dnt want some sorry ass lil popcorn buds on the cheese

hey whats good? sorry bout late response, man i havent been on in a min!! just to damn busy lately.

anyways about the lolli poping. i hear ya on not removing the fan leaves. fan leaves are vital in water uptake and photosynthesis so removing them isnt ever the best idea unless your plant has so many you need to remove some (on inside of plant) in order to allow for better air circulation and letting a little more light into the middle of the plant.

this is really one of those things you jst have to use your better judgement on. you dont want to go tearing thm all of, but if you fell that there are so many that your not getting good air flow threw the center of your plants i'd say do it! just pull of a couple at a time and then step back and see where you stand. if you go back and look at that pic i posted you'll see a good 1/3 to 1/2 of my lower fan leaves and small good for nothing branches were removed in order to increase air flow in and around plants and also to re divert all hormones from lower portion of plant to the tops so that i got a bunch of fat top colas!! and didnt end up with a bunch of tiny popcorn buds underneath the thick vegetation. so in the end its really all on you, and your personal preference. got any update pics on these ladies?

yeah your auto flower is turning out allot nicer then the one i did, i got a free autoflower seed in my first order and when i grew it out, it was frosty as fuck! but god damn it was a small ass tiny little slow growing waste of space. i got about 5 grams (dried) of some frosty nugs.. ill have to find the pics n throw them up here. the plants was latterly only 8 inches a tall in the end of the cycle, and about 70 % of the fan leaves were covered with sugar stem to tip top and bottom sides of leaf. i was surprised how good it looked. just didnt get more then a gody out of it! i smoked that shit in one fatty! said fuck it haha.. it was nice!

as a matter of fact heres two pics of that blunt, still cant find grow pics, ima keep looking though.

008513.JPG
big_blunt_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom