GimmeTheGoods First Grow - Advice Appreciated

Re: GimmeTheGoods First Grow, Advice appreciated

I don't see any signs at all.

You've got yourself a female!:thumb:

Am,thanks bud for the reply. U say female n I believe u but jus out of curiosity y does she have those little sac looking things on the nodes with pistils shooting out? I thought those sacs were only present on males and/or hermies? All my others only have pistils except one other but they r all not as far along into flower as this one is which is an autoflower (super sonic cristal storm).

Yes, pollen sacs will not have pistils coming out of them.

What you are seeing is a calyx. The purpose of a calyx is catch pollen on it's pistils(hairs) those then retract back into the calyx and a seed is formed inside.

I learn something new everyday :) thanks alot for ur speedy replies as they have helped tremendously in calming my nerves especially since im at work all day. For further clarification, pear shaped sac with pistils coming out of it is a calyx (female) and a more rounded sac kinda like an oval shape with no pistils coming out of it but rather pistils in the area it is a hermie. Do I got it? U mind if I send a friend req?

You got it, yeah those are just teenage calyx s looking to get all plump and sugary! Become some fine ass bitches!

Pollen sacs usually grow directly off to the side of the stipules whichare the little green hair like spikes that pop out werever you have a node and or branch structure, well this is were to look for first signs, then other places would be tight into the node sections growing off stalk but burried inside bud, these sometimes just pop threw the surface of bud n u can hardly tell. If u look at my grow i got one pic of the first scenerio. Wth premature pollen sac developing on either side of stalk next to green stipules. They will be similar shape to what you got but no hairs and more rounded. Your baby calyx is more tear shaped with hairs poking threw the tip of tear. Youll begin to notice that thats how allot of buds form, not all but allot. Those tear drop shape keep growing out othe tops of itself while the lower older tears just swell up and start creating what we see has a fat nug. Which is really a shit tun of these tiny little calyx tears that just keep multiplying and swelling up each of whih can grow hairs and develope trichomes which is how the inside of bomb as herb is frosty as fuck when you crack t open.
Nope no hermie, just one nice looking plant!

IMG_15875.JPG

IMG_15855.JPG

Hermie

IMG_15836.JPG

IMG_15816.JPG

Female

I learn something new everyday :) thanks alot for ur speedy replies as they have helped tremendously in calming my nerves especially since im at work all day. For further clarification, pear shaped sac with pistils coming out of it is a calyx (female) and a more rounded sac kinda like an oval shape with no pistils coming out of it but rather pistils in the area it is a hermie. Do I got it? U mind if I send a friend req?

Go right ahead, buddy.

Any time bro. Glad to see we got more support on the team, them fuckers were quick! Haha def hit it up with them jumbo frame sized portraits man! u know, the ones with that fresh snow on top, ladies are just shinnin.

I kno man,theres no place like home (420magazine.com) n I got u bro tho not too much frostyness yet onlyy auto has nugs the others are only 11 days into 12/12. One time for everybody who posted on my journal thus far,much love n respect for yall bois........catch yall later

Alright guys been researching as always before asking,im not lazy at all! Love reading bout our favorite hobby :) but its time to stir up som controversy.......TO FLUSH OR NOT TO FLUSH? THAT IS THE QUESTION? Do I really need to flush or can I just use plain ol h2o for the last 2-2/12 weeks before harvest? I read n seen everything but I want to kno ur guys (my fam) opinons. Im in roots organic soil feeding with humboldts organic grow,bloom and deuce deuce every other watering. Well no more grow after this mornings dose....

Watering with plain water for the last couple weeks IS considered flushing.

Hmmmmm.......you may be right.

I always thought that stopping the feedings and giving plain water WAS considered flushing.

That is what we are doing right now. Our girl is in week 8 and has been getting plain water for a week or so already.

I think the version of flushing you were referring to is used to fix severe nute burn.

I've had one successful grow so far. I did water with plain water the last week or so and after dry/cure she tasted great! Nice and smooth.

You just want to avoid giving nutes all the way up to harvest. This will apparently give the buds a chemical taste (assuming you are using chemical nutes). Flushing will just enhance taste, I believe, while the dry/cure has more to do with smoothness.

Somebody correct me if I'm off a bit.

Back
Top Bottom