Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 3

11 Weeks old

Thank you all for the compliments. :thanks:

Slight change to my plans tonight were necesary. I saw JayBizzles request for the tops so I was already to take pictures. When I opened the tent, I adjusted.

J1 is still getting harvested on Sunday. Just feels like she's at a peak :dreamy:

J2 felt very light and almost looks like she's ready too, but the I still see white pistils. With her leaves drooping still, I decided I would feed her tonight instead of tomorrow. I also went with only a 1/2 gallon instead of completely soaking her with a gallon. I fed 1.5tsp of BB and 1tsp of TB, 1.5ml calmag, and 1ml rhino skin.

I put a lighter in the pics so its easy to judge the buds. J1 is your typical Christmas tree looking plant. I counted about 13 decent colas. J2 on the other hand has 8 tall skinny colas. Nice buds but they're spaced apart and nothing like J1's main cola. She also has a ton of growth about 3" below the cola pillars. Without any stunting back around day 35 I think I would have had 8 cola's just like J1's. I'm still happy with what I've got.

Not sure on weight at this point. Guessing that J1 will be heavier and nicer buds than J2 but I could get a lot of decent popcorn bud with plenty of trichomes from her.

Enjoy the photos:allgood:

J2 on the Left J1 on the right
JHA_11wks_.JPG

J1
JHA_11wks_J1.JPG

J1 main cola
JHA_11wks_J1_cola2.JPG

JHA_11wks_J1_cola.JPG

J1 side cola
JHA_11wks_J1_side_cola.JPG

J2
JHA_11wks_J2_top.JPG

JHA_11wks_J2.JPG

J2 colas
JHA_11wks_J2_cola2.JPG

JHA_11wks_J2_cola1.JPG

JHA_11wks_J2_cola.JPG

It's been a fun night. Getting toasted with my own stuff :lot-o-toke: (I know, I know - almost all of us smoke our own stuff - I still chuckle that I am :passitleft:)

I made another rash decision and took one of the outer cola from J1 to get her started drying. Also allowed me to get some good pics. The trichomes look like they're where I want them...just beginning to turn amber but mostly cloudy.

I'm still not sure when I'm going to do J2.

Enjoy the pics ;)

IMG_429010.JPG

IMG_429812.JPG

IMG_429211.JPG

IMG_43048.JPG

IMG_43099.JPG

IMG_43149.JPG

These are really nice pictures! Are you keeping the trimmings and doing anything with them? I was going to try and melt some butter and make special butter for brownies but now I am thinking about collecting the trimmings, freezing em from fresh and then making bubble hash with bags... You can get mini bags for a low amount of trimmings..

I'm going to chop and dry today also!!

It was harvest day for J1. J2 seemed to perk up a bit and I'm letting her go until next Friday. She's enjoying sole custody of the tent :kiss:

J1 was 79 days old today. She had dried out pretty well. Just started at the bottom and clipped so I would have something to hang each cola on the hanger in the close.

Then it was on to the trimming. My back was killing me tonight from all the work around house taking down the Christmas tree lights :helpsmilie: It took me almost 75 minutes to trim all the buds down. I can't imagine how some of you guys/gals get through your trimming process with some of the monsters you grow. I was tired and my scissors all gunked up with stickiness that's in a nice little ball to smoke :bongrip:

A quick wash. Just some cold water and I vigorously shake the buds then hang them to dry on the side. Shake again and then lay out on paper towels.

Then it was on to the closet it to hang on the hangers.

Total weight after the trimming and washing was 190. I'm thinking I will net about an ounce when we're done drying and into the jars. I really enjoy the sativa smoke and all the buds looked nice and frosty :high-five:

Still have about a z of the NL left and J2 coming so I should be good for quite a while :tokin: I've saved all the trim from the NL and JH grows and I'm going to get some bubble bags;)

Thanks for stopping by :thumb:

Pre-harvest
IMG_43326.JPG

Roots
IMG_43387.JPG

IMG_43397.JPG

Post trimming
IMG_43344.JPG

IMG_434210.JPG

IMG_43418.JPG

IMG_43435.JPG

The main cola
IMG_43459.JPG

IMG_43516.JPG

IMG_43559.JPG

Well done on the harvest! Looks like we are both going to be smoking up soon!
What are you doing with your trim?

Good job on the Jack, that is definitely on my list of seeds to get! Congrats!! :goodjob::bravo:

I'm very pleased with the buds on J1. J2 perked up but her buds wont be like J1's. Much smaller as they never really bulked up.

The big issue now is the smell. J1 is stinkin' up the joint :thumb:

I'm wondering what it would be like in the attic. I'm in a ranch and when I came home this morning from the store - it hit me as I walked in. I'm sure my wife (who has been complaining about the smell) has grown slightly used to it. We'll see what happens when she walks in after being out of the house a bit. :thedoubletake:

This will be my concern too in a couple of weeks. I'm already having issue just from opening the tent. I have a carbon filter in a 4x4 tent. I think I am going to have to divide it and dry in the tent so I can take advantage of the filter. In fact I think I am going to put a stool inside and make it a permanent work station.

Nice job, golfer and congratulations on a stellar harvest! That J1 was a lovely looking plant and you got some wonderful buds from her. I still get a huge kick from smoking my own home grown -- it's so satisfying and I have a different relationship with it than with something that I just bought.

heh heh heh -- yeah, the smell :) It's a good smell but it's a BIG smell!

Back
Top Bottom