Gorilla 3X3 Tent Grow - Mars II 1200 LED

Small world, isn't it?

Oooooo....... Rico, smells like lavender. My favorite. Is it a true lavender? Do you know what lavender smells like growing? Not everyone does, but I'm gonna be real surprised if you don't. :laughtwo:

I need to look closer at that strain. Is it available? See? You got me all excited with the olfactory possibilities. Do you know of other strains that would suggest lavender?

I have a delicious recipe for lavender cookies. Mmmmmm.... Taste of cinnamon. I wonder, when you smoke it does it suggest any cinnamon? As you can see, my creative energies just got recharged after dinner. I'm curious if the same terpene signature that gives lavender its scent and flavor might translate in some subtle form to cannabis.

Does the question make sense to you? I'm totally new to the terpene thing, so I may be expressing myself clumsily.

The terpenes are the same, Sue, no matter which plant they are from :hug:

I had an overpowering lavender smell with a super silver haze pheno, but the smoke was harsh and terrible.

The 1024 smells beautifully, but the effect is quite mild - Uplifting but not much more, apart from disappointing.

I reckon this is a runt seed and the lavender is only nice as a smell, without promise of a good high.
The 2 Skywalker Kush phenos that were successful here are fantastic. Highly recommended strain :yummy:

I still have 2 seeds of the 1024 left, so I can't make a judgement on that strain yet.

But I couldn't recommend it based on this plant :rollingeyes:

Never judge a cannabis by it's smell, that's just a bonus and can change rather quickly.

The Skywalker Kush also smells of lavender, but not as intense and mixed with earthy, musky base notes, wrapped in lemon. That is from the grinder; the trichomes on the plant smell spicy, but not very fragrant.

I understand. Growing so many at once I found its too overwhelming to learn to distinguish the scents. It was easier, obviously, with two strains instead of 17. Just a bit crazy. Lesson learned.

If you find a lavender-smelling pheno, I bet it would taste great in cookies :yummy:

Interesting thought. I slipped back and retread your post and the high was a bit "meh"? If it had a decent effect this would be a near perfect solution. Look at that Rico, in a few little posts in near real-time we may have figured out how to get the olfactory pleasure of a strain that smokes poorly but then get the intended psychoactive effects by baking cookies -something I'm famous for.

Oooo.... Canna lavender cookies! Ramp the flavor up by including lavender leaves! How did that not occur to me until now? What a shame I won't be able to share. :(

Now that I think about it, the effect from the 1024 might only be "meh" compared to the Skywalker Kush :tokin:

It was disappointing because I was expecting a lot more, due to the smell and the 3% CBD, but if it was all I had, I would probably only be disappointed with the yield. I hope the other seeds do better.

I haven't tried the top cola yet, as it is still drying. I've only really had a few lower buds so far, so I will report back :ciao:

Makes sense.

Stoner thought: we save the top cola for last, relishing what we anticipate will be the best of the smoke, true? Is this a proven fact? The reason I ask is I've noticed that the buds that frost up first are the ones inside my plants. I would figure that to suggest they would be maturing the longest and might potentially be at least as potent as the ones right up there under the lights.

I identified it from the get-go as stoner thought guys. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I smoke my buds from left to right - I find them more potent that way :clown:

Maybe the tops are more potent, more light = more stoned?

I smoked the Skykush top cola and it was not really much more potent than any of her other buds.

Just lasted longer...

Left to right. :rofl: I adore you. :kisstwo:

Funny you mentioned that Sue. What I noticed with my Fire Escape girls this summer was that they were the frostiest plants I harvested. My first thoughts were this is because of real sunlight but then I got to thinking it might have something to do with them only getting direct sunlight for just a little over 1/3 of the day.
Which brings me to my next point.

Since lower buds always seem to frost up better (and they're getting less direct light) would turning off my LEDs the last few hrs of each day and just having the CFLs I use for taking pics lit create a higher density of trichs? I'm not one of the scientific growers but more of a "what I see" type of guy so that's what I'm basing this theory on.

Huh! Interesting Reg. I'm curious as to the quality of the smoke in comparison. Lots of trichomes doesn't always translate into better smoke. The increased frostiness is an attempt to save the genetics, but would that be more or less potent, given the decreased light. As Rico pointed out, more light = more stoned.

Do I smell an upcoming experiment Reg?

Nah, point well taken. Rico Suavay is one of my mentors; If he says more light, more light it is. You DO KNOW he grew a plant upside down, right?

True Story!

I did not know that. :laughtwo: I shouldn't admit something like that right out loud, should I? Where's the proof? Excuse me for a moment.

Turning to Rico

Rico, forgive me for not paying closer attention to your many brilliant accomplishments before I came into your circle of influence, but would you please tell me of this plant you grew in defiance of the laws of gravity?

The energy from the light gets carried all around the plant, that's why the lower buds frost up as well.

There is a happy medium, however. Too much light (too close to the lamp) is probably not so good either :)

To recreate outdoor night time, you would need a lamp that only emits long wave infra red light during lights off.

Night time is not completely dark, maybe another reason for the frostiness of your fire escape girls?

I did grow an upside down clone once, but it was outside in midsummer and the poor thing grew mostly in shadow, until it eventually went moldy and died. Not much denying of gravity went on there, unfortunately.

DSCN007110.JPG

Most unusual though. Not your everyday find at all. Kinda like you Rico. :hug:

Thank you for your kind words, Sue :hug:

I did find myself once; however, only a few days later, I lost myself again on a wild night out in Barcelona...

In the name of science, I have been excluseively testing the 1024 today.

The lavender scent is not as present when dry and mixed with sweet tangerine/bitter grapefruit in the grinder.

Smoke is very smooth and the effect is psychedelic but mellow. No couchlock or brainfuzz.

Vaporized taste is minty lavender, which is quite pleasant :thumb:

It is nicer to vaporize than the Skywalker Kush, but pales in comparison overall.

Fairly sorry sights in the bloom tent now, with floppy krinkly ex ODP being held up by thermometer sensor wire.

IMG_387711.JPG

Looking forward to her finishing up, not saving this strain :laughtwo:

IMG_38817.JPG

I am looking forward to spreading this one all over the bloom tent and trying to get as much as I can off her.

IMG_38889.JPG

I'll keep saving the Skykush :love:

IMG_389010.JPG

Back
Top Bottom