Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

No, but he DID stay a holiday inn express last night...and his wife makes him watch next top model. :cool:

Ah well, now that makes perfect sense.....:rofl::rofl:

Some of these are really bad, so I apologize for that. I got in there a little late and didn't want to take the time to run up and get the camera.

You can see where I totally torched their leaves. That was way back in week 3 or 4. Many didn't die and just withered a little at first and a little more later on, but they stayed on...lol. They continued to build bud so I'm not complaining.

This is a really shitty pic...I know,.
20150228_150258.jpg

This is Blue Dream on the left, 8-ball kush on the right..
20150228_150315.jpg

These two are both 8bk clones...
20150228_150330.jpg

a few others...
20150228_150232.jpg

20150228_150238.jpg

20150228_150227.jpg

:peace::cool:

HB buds with a side of awesomesauce!

So close!
Don't burn your cookies ... err 8bk & bd.

No, I don't think they'll burn more. I gave them water since last Monday and gave them energy this morning. Another brix to finish them on Monday or Tuesday and check daily after. I didn't give them any de-stress this week since most all the hb guys suggest finishing on energy and brix for best flavor.

:cool:

Sorry Gov - I was trying to be funny.
What I meant is don't "over bake" them (let them go too long).
They look great!

Very good structure, nice & fat calyxes. They will smoke, won't they :passitleft:

Gov ! You need those hangers I made for my P-150s! Go look in my posts. from a couple weeks ago.

Hey, man, excellent buds!!!!

I saw those modified hangers, McC...very nice.

I think many of us wouldn't mind using that mod...do you have a breakdown of what items you used (sizes, costs, etc.)? Did you bend those metal rods yourself or purchase them that way?

Nice job and something really practical...especially if you don't have a lot of vertical room in your grow space...

PlatinumLED_8.jpg
PlatinumLED_7.jpg
PlatinumLED_1.jpg
PlatinumLED_13.jpg
PlatinumLED_14.jpg
PlatinumLED_2.jpg
PlatinumLED_3.jpg
PlatinumLED_6.jpg
I saw those modified hangers, McC...very nice.

I think many of us wouldn't mind using that mod...do you have a breakdown of what items you used (sizes, costs, etc.)? Did you bend those metal rods yourself or purchase them that way?

Nice job and something really practical...especially if you don't have a lot of vertical room in your grow space...
Nothing to it, Shrike. This is 100% a Home Depot job. I doubt it was $30 bucks. You need one stick (4') of steel rod. (They sell various sizes. Measure the eyelets hole size.) For the P-150, cut 6" long pieces and bend 90degrees at the center using a bench vice and hammer. Next readjust the rods and bend the two ends 45 degrees to bring the main rod back to level (strait). I then taped off the ends and applied a rubberized dip to the center of the brackets and to the bottoms of the D rings to keep the light quiet and more stable. Next you need a piece of clear tubing that is a couple sizes too small for the rod. Cut some small pieces. Slide one end at a time in the eyelets and secure them in the center of light using the clear tube over the bracket to hold them in place. I forge exactly how much room I picked up, but it was close to 9". I use 4 P-150s and one girl maxed out the light travel I had. This solved it. It's not much, but hey, 9" could keep a bud safe.....
a couple pics.
I don't know why this blasted phone won't place the pics at the bottom of this post. F-ing thing won't let me place them where I want them. Sorry, but you get the idea.

Mcdive....that is really smooth....I own a tool and die/ metal fabrication business and next to having a break press........a hammer and a vise are the best ways to form things.....lol.

I thought about the same idea but using threaded rod with nuts on them to actually tie them together....so they move up and down together. You would have to bread a couple of nuts on the rod to hold in place and use to bend over.....don't wanna obviously beat on the threaded rod....

Anyway great engineering idea....I love when dudes use their head....

I need to measure the diameter of the holes in the eyelets. Hate having to go back for something as silly as getting the wrong size.

Threaded rod seemed too flimsy to me. It would be nice to have a simi circle with holes for the D rings so you could angle the lights, but I didn't have a proper shop to weld and drill what I wanted. This will do in a pinch. You can also buy push-on nuts you could use instead of the clear hose. Again, I just wanted to crank 8 brackets out fast. Lots of room for improvement. [/Bs

(just under .200, Gov.)

Yeah, this will be a great tweak to my post-grow adjustments. The most I'd done in this regard was to double the hanger cables. Saved me about another 4", but 9" is a really nice gain. ;)

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom