Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Good morning grow gang!

We're quickly approaching the end of 2020 (The Year of the Phlegm)! Get your pipes cleaned for midnight! :Rasta:

I was piddling around with the plants this morning. My sole remaining adult auto, a Green Crack, looks lonesome in the basement tent. I had planned on taking her down today. But when I checked her this morning her soil was bone dry after having been watered to run-off just a few days ago. I thought that if she's still drinking like that I want to see where she's putting all that water and nutrients. So I watered her again at 6g of MC. Maybe I take her down sometime next week.

She has some nice colors and all of her buds are dense and hard. She also has tons of milky trichs, with significant amber on many of the sugar leaves.

P1040092.JPG

P1040088.JPG

I went after those high-rise stems on my faux-auto Glue Gelato. The 4 stretchers near the middle were bent down to sideways. I did not tie them down but plan instead to go back day-to-day and re-bend them. I want to see if I can get them to stay down that way just so that later on I don't have to deal with the hassle of watering around ties and sticks.

P1040091.JPG

The photo and auto babies looked particularly happy this morning. The were fed yesterday and obviously had been a bit thirsty. :Rasta:

P1040091 (1).JPG

I've been over-feeding my Geoflora-fed plant (Critical Kush). My dumb-ass based the GF dose on having a 2 gallon pot when I've actually got her in a 1 gallon pot.

I don't know why I get these brain farts! I would look into getting some of that memory improvement stuff they're peddling on TV, but I can't remember the name of it! :laughtwo:

So anyway, once she dries out I'll be getting her into her 5 gallon pot (more dirt for the excess nutes). She doesn't seem to have minded the excess.

Peace!

Nice to know there is a buffer with the GeoFlora nutes. Your plants look great, especially your faux-auto.

The problem with loading up a soil with organic matter is when it breaks down, it creates an exothermic reaction and heats up. This can fry our roots; just like a steaming compost pile. Maybe their blend is already broken down...maybe. I haven't got a good look at their product yet. It does sound spot on when i reviewed their inputs.

I keep missing your posts. Probably cuz i aint commented yet. Rock it!

Nice to know there is a buffer with the GeoFlora nutes. Your plants look great, especially your faux-auto.

The problem with loading up a soil with organic matter is when it breaks down, it creates an exothermic reaction and heats up. This can fry our roots; just like a steaming compost pile. Maybe their blend is already broken down...maybe. I haven't got a good look at their product yet. It does sound spot on when i reviewed their inputs.

I keep missing your posts. Probably cuz i aint commented yet. Rock it!
Thanks, PP! I too am concerned about hot soil. Looking at the plant though, I don't think I need to worry. Just need to get her up-potted ASAP.

Happy New Year, 420!

I thought I'd share a poem with you. I wrote this on New Year's Eve 1999.

"High Clouds and Misdemeanors"

Well it's nigh 2020
And there are crimes aplenty
From the top all the way to the bottom

And the mob boss cries foul
While confessing all the while
And says there's a crook lurking, but I ain't him

Meanwhile a bunch of sycophants
Can't find their big-boy pants
So they posture, they bang and deflect

Their support for the mob boss is near inexplicable
Since so many see him a worse than despicable
But they'll only admit he's not perfect

Is any of this reason for dismay?
Nah, the earth was a beautiful sight today

They sky was strewn with high, puffy white clouds
To enhance the suns bright display

Tomorrow we'll see another new year
And add one more act to our life-long play

So I wish you all goodness and cheer
And many Blessing coming your way!

Hello growers.

I started out the new year on the good foot!

I took down the Green Crack on day 76 of her life!

I had planned to let her go into the week, but when I checked her with the loupe this morning there had been an overnight explosion of amber trichs on the buds. Plus, I saw a bug! :eek:

Though not voluminous, she is dense and weighed in at 305g wet.

Her last stand next to a couple of has-beens:
P1040094.JPG

Here she has been de-fanned:
P1040095.JPG

The Miller Lite contrast:
P1040098.JPG

Bud:

IMG_2173.JPG

Now the fun really begins for me!

After removing the GC I opened up the basement tent and set off a couple of bug bombs in the basement. I hope to destroy any remaining spider mites and eggs (and any other critters that might be hanging around).

Later on today, after the air clears in the basement, I'll give the tent a thorough cleaning and move the 5 photo babies to the basement tent. Then, perhaps later this week, I'll up-pot all of the autos in my 4x4. I'm going to put four of them in 4 gallon pots and two in 3 gallon pots.

The GC will be placed in the fridge.

The faux-auto GG will continue along her merry way in the 2x2.

2021 is getting off to a good start! :Rasta:

Thanks for stopping by.

Green Crack looks really solid and nice job on the canopy of the faux. :thumb:

Happy babies too! Clearing out the 2020 phlegm. :high-five:
Thanks, Shed. Coughing it up and spitting it out! :Rasta:

Congrats on another sweet harvest, GDB!
Nice canopy work on the faux auto-:welldone:
The 4 stretchers near the middle were bent down to sideways. I did not tie them down but plan instead to go back day-to-day and re-bend them.
That's what I plan on doing also- I look at the plant quite a few times a day, so I might as well make myself useful while I'm there...
Coughing it up and spitting it out!
We were supposed to spit it out??.....uh-oh.. :oops:

Congrats on another sweet harvest, GDB!
Nice canopy work on the faux auto-:welldone:

That's what I plan on doing also- I look at the plant quite a few times a day, so I might as well make myself useful while I'm there...

We were supposed to spit it out??.....uh-oh.. :oops:
Thanks, Carcass!

That's okay, you can make that one of your New Year's Resolutions: "Spit out phlegm." :Rasta:

I take them with me wherever I go. :laughtwo:
Me too, VG!

And I thanks my legs for always supporting me. My arms, for always being by my side. My fingers, because I can always count on them. And my butt, for always having my back. :Rasta:

Good Sunday morning, grow horde!

I've gotten a few things done since taking down my last adult auto.

The basement 5x5 tent has be disinfected and hopefully de-bugged. I gave all of the photos their final dirt topping and moved them downstairs. For the record, when I up-pot a plant I don't fill up the pot with soil but leave some room to add about another 2-inch layer a short while later. No science behind this, but my ornamental house-plants have always responded well to this method and I figured weed would too.

Before adding the final layer of soil, I sprinkle some Plant Probiotics on top of the existing soil and moisten it with a spray bottle before adding the final layer of soil. No science behind this either, but to my untrained naked eye Plant Probiotics seems to really jump start the growth of young plants.

Here they are, home at last all day 33 and all getting 3g of Mega Crop (edit: except the CK which is getting Geoflora Veg):

Back left: Critical Kush, Back right: Double Chocolate
Front left: Strawberry Banana Grape, Front right: Grand Daddy Purple
Middle: Cheese

P1040113.JPG

As for the autos, I up-potted two of them to their 4-gallon pots, the Lemon Haze and the Dark Devil. I'm not thrilled about these 4-gallon pots I got. They are well made but taller and narrower than I prefer. Still, they should do the job. I'm just gonna use 2 more of them for these autos (the Chocolate Kush and the Northern Lights x Pakistani Chitral Kush). I used the same soil topping method (with Plant Probiotics sprinkled in) as with the photos.

For the Blue Dream'atic and the Blue Lights I'm going to use some Geopot 3-gallon pots. They are short and wide like I like 'em and look like they'll hold just as much dirt and the 4gs.

I had planned to grow all of these autos in Pro Mix and feed them Mega Crop. But last night I started eyeing a bag of concentrated super-soil that I've been holding for a while. I decided to grow the Geopot plants using that soil along with FFOF and a bit of Vermiculite (for silica and water retention). They will also be supplemented with Real Grower Recharge about every 10-15 days. The Recharge has many of the same ingredients as the Plant Probiotics that I used on the photos but has some more stuff in it too. ("Stuff" meaning don't ask me to explain any more about it! :Rasta:)

I'm giving the other autos a few more days to develop more roots before up-potting. (All but the NL strains are on day 12 and getting 2.5g of MC. The NLs are on day 6 and getting 1.5g)

P1040107.JPG

And lastly, I had the faux-auto GG out for her feeding today. She's on day 12 post-flip and getting 5.5g MC. She hadn't been fed in 4 days and looked a little droopy.

P1040116.JPG

P1040117.JPG

P1040120.JPG

And that's all for today.

Go Washington Football Team! Can't wait to see who makes it out of the sorry-assed NFC East Division.

Peace!

Fantastic start to the new year GDB! Congrats on the latest harvest and hopefully getting rid of those dang bugs. It’s so funny, I just got a bag of that same recharge stuff. Thought it sounded pretty helpful. Happy new year GDB!!

Fantastic start to the new year GDB! Congrats on the latest harvest and hopefully getting rid of those dang bugs. It’s so funny, I just got a bag of that same recharge stuff. Thought it sounded pretty helpful. Happy new year GDB!!
Thanks, Heavenly! Happy new year to you as well.

Have you used the Recharge yet? Notice any difference?

To date, I've only used it during up-potting. This grow will be the first time using it as a scheduled supplement.

Hello again growers.

Having taken care of all my plant chores for the day, I'm sitting here watching football, eating meatballs and hitting weed. It occurred to me that I have not shared information on my new gadget.

It's a "Kahn" dry herb vape pen by Migvapor. It goes to 464F and holds .5 grams of weed. It also comes with a bubbler attachment.

I like it!

To me a vape high is a little different than a smoke high, not better or worse, just different. :Rasta:

P1040121.JPG

Back
Top Bottom