Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Love it! I'll see what I can come up with today. What diameter pipe should I use though?

per dabpress...
  • Item No.: dp-pm3015r
  • Material: Anodized Aluminum
  • Inner Diameter: 1.18"

Here’s how i did it...if I didn’t show you before:
Thank you sir for a marvelous tutorial. I bow to your skills and hope to turn as good a product as you have done.

What do you mean by bag pressure? Is this the total pressure applied to the bag, or the pounds per square inch on the bag?
I guess that may have been my original question from the git go. Am I going about my pressure readings the right way.

Bastards...making me work equations on a saturday. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves....lemme crunch some numbers

Even the 6 ton unit may be too small. How many grams of flower and trim are you going to press? Here's some timing to consider:

1 min - cut and fold parchment
2 min - form a puck
5 min - cycle through press
3-5min - recover rosin from parchment,

so one complete cycle takes 11 to 13 minutes.
The four ton will do one puck at a time, so during your press cycle, you can probably make a puck, or fold the parchment for your next cycle. Half a pound would then take 33 press cycles, of 7gm pucks. Each cycle would take a minimum of 33 cycles, 9 minutes each for a total of about five hours.

The six or ten ton presses will handle two pucks at a time. That doesn't mean it will take half the time. This will be closer to what you can achieve:

17 min - cut and fold 17 pieces of parchment
34 min - form 17 pucks
85 min - 17 press cycles + form 16 pucks
85 min - recover rosin from 17 pieces of parchment
Total time: 221 min or 3hrs, 41 min

These figures are optimistic. Count on the first hundred press cycles to take considerably longer while you learn. Realisticly. add 50% to the times above for breaks. At a optimistic 20% return, you will get about 45gm of rosin from that half pound of flower. At a gram per day, this will last one person six weeks. How many folks are you supplying? If it's more than three, you should consider the 12 ton, or the 5.5" x 7" caged plates with a hydraulic press from Harbor Freight. I'd get your geezer friends to kick in for what you need.

Talk to @incogn1to. I think he has a six ton, and wants to upgrade to a ten ton unit. That will let you and your friends try it, and decide if they want more. You could also grab a couple of them and set up an assembly line, using the smaller presses. ;)
Whoa, you're an actuary, right? lol!

That definitely puts things in a different perspective, I really thank you for that... I'm getting the 25 ton one, and hiring help!

No, seriously, I was thinking in terms of a couple of ounces, here and there, at the most. Old folks here don't even know what dabs are, so it would be more of a hobby/novelty thing.

I was a carpenter/builder, so I kind of became addicted to nice tools. The dabpresses look pretty solid compared to a lot of the others I've looked at, so I was thinking try the little one, and if it's a hit then move up. I have a lot of things I went on big on to start, and they are still in the shed!

The thing about old folks, is ya never know when they're going to stop getting older, so it's hard to say how many! I think I'm the one who really wants to dab, I'm just using them as an excuse... most wouldn't know what to do with it!

So, aside from the extra time I'd spend with the 4T, is it a solid bit of gear that does what it's supposed to, or is it more like one of those tee shirt press gizmos? Is it something one geezer could operate with the hands I have, and not have to worry about tipping over, or moving all around? Guess I should have asked that first, lol!

Anyway @Old Salt thanks for that, you really laid it out clearly!

What it all boils down to is that the scale will do nothing more for you than a good pressure gauge will.
I see that and your right I just need to make a chart and it is the easier solution of the two. I REALLY like to be as precise as possible. OCD a bit I guess. Aren't all good engineers?

That definitely puts things in a different perspective, I really thank you for that... I'm getting the 25 ton one, and hiring help!

No, seriously, I was thinking in terms of a couple of ounces, here and there, at the most. Old folks here don't even know what dabs are, so it would be more of a hobby/novelty thing.

I was a carpenter/builder, so I kind of became addicted to nice tools. The dabpresses look pretty solid compared to a lot of the others I've looked at, so I was thinking try the little one, and if it's a hit then move up. I have a lot of things I went on big on to start, and they are still in the shed!

The thing about old folks, is ya never know when they're going to stop getting older, so it's hard to say how many! I think I'm the one who really wants to dab, I'm just using them as an excuse... most wouldn't know what to do with it!

So, aside from the extra time I'd spend with the 4T, is it a solid bit of gear that does what it's supposed to, or is it more like one of those tee shirt press gizmos? Is it something one geezer could operate with the hands I have, and not have to worry about tipping over, or moving all around? Guess I should have asked that first, lol!

Since I can't smoke it, and put it into capsules, doing it all in one go make sense for me. Squishing a lb at 7gm / squish gets old really fast.

“old folks” are cool, in my opinion naturally. Some of us cooler than others...:cool:

But I smoke a lot of rosin cuz apparently I can’t follow the conversation correctly.

“old folks” are cool, in my opinion naturally. Some of us cooler than others...:cool:

But I smoke a lot of rosin cuz apparently I can’t follow the conversation correctly.

I agree with Bernard Baruch, "To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am."

That means you'd need to be over 79 to be old. :D

My first press at 20% return . White Widow jarred for a week and 62% humidity. Did the other press of 2 oz of larf and got under 5 grams then did this week old oz and got 5.25 grams.
Decarb 240 degrees,100 mL coconut oil,half spoon of lecithin . 108 capsules, Will give report how they are tomorrow.

Very nice and very jealous lol

Still sitting here enjoying the hell out of stoned ass . Not a one cough !

So you decarbbed the rosin and mixed with coconut oil and lecithin do you warm it up or let it sit in a crock pot on low how do you mix the resin in is what I am curious about

So you decarbbed the rosin and mixed with coconut oil and lecithin do you warm it up or let it sit in a crock pot on low how do you mix the resin in is what I am curious about

I decarb the rosin, and heat the oil in an oil bath on a temperature controlled hot plate. After the decarb is complete, I wait for them to cool down to below 150°F/65°C mix everything, and use a syringe with a blunt needle to fill the capsules.

Did a little squeezing last night. Two different phenos of French Macaron and some G13 x Blueberry Headband. Temp 190, bag 160 micron for 2:30 minutes. Darker rosin from these that buttered up straight away.
FM2
2CA56D82-06FF-4656-A1DF-8B436B97F2B3.jpeg
11898813-B83A-47D0-9AA0-21F23D8DCCD4.jpeg
534B78BA-74D7-441C-BCD8-865975249E3A.jpeg

G13 x BH
0609614A-EF8A-4AD5-BE0B-FBBB8BB821A7.jpeg
BCB4CD9B-A66E-4258-96ED-0C842B20AF05.jpeg

FM1
785EAD4F-1D9C-45FF-B288-78C01356C358.jpeg
73CE096B-F788-4941-96AA-D475A5040C02.jpeg

Mixed it with coconut oil as soon as I took it out of the oven . I stirred for about 10 minutes before I took a break then every 30 minutes I’d stir till I couldn’t. Did it for 2-1/2 hours, now I put the lecithin in and stir as long as I can then cover and let room temp get to it . Stir some more then set up the capsules. Stir then load them up stirring between each load from the syringe.
I said I was going to stir as often as possible and I believe it worked I’ve taken 9 so far and the high is completely the same .

79 is older than dirt. I’m feeling like a seedling now.
79 is older than dirt. I’m feeling like a seedling now.
Sorry, you'd think I would have figured out multi-quote by now, but maybe it's because I have a few years on you both, 72 last year, lol!

Luckily, I guess, I can still smoke. I go between pipes, bongs, and a couple of vapes, and a joint or two. Mixing it up just seems to make them all work better (for me), so the rosin seems a natural tool for the box.

So, anybody using the 4T dabpress? Anybody used the 4T and been disappointed?

Sorry, you'd think I would have figured out multi-quote by now, but maybe it's because I have a few years on you both, 72 last year, lol!

Luckily, I guess, I can still smoke. I go between pipes, bongs, and a couple of vapes, and a joint or two. Mixing it up just seems to make them all work better (for me), so the rosin seems a natural tool for the box.

I hope I am as cool as you at 72 :headbanger:

Ive never used one, but it’ll get you high I’m sure...you old fart! :rofl:

Well I put something together and it works well enough, thanks guys for the help. Was looking for a single stainless steel tube but no luck at home depot. Not something small enough anyways. I figure they use copper pipe in potable water supply so should be fine. Didnt go with pvc bc I didnt want any plastic shavings, just in case.

Using press club 120 micron bags, should be called the blowout club. This stuff has been coming out dark but woah is it good stuff.

Garlic Sherb
20200229_175753.jpg
20200229_192008.jpg
20200229_180202.jpg
20200229_192102.jpg
20200229_180607.jpg

20200229_182617.jpg

20200229_182744.jpg
20200229_192220.jpg

Back
Top Bottom