Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I am privileged for sure. This is some of the best bud I’ve ever had. Red Diesel grown by @Van Stank ; I set my little DabPress to 190F for 4 minutes. It just squeezes out butter. Very good stuff…if you like getting high. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Enjoy!

I posted the following in a thread I started and Shed suggested I ask the folks on here.

I know curing helps improve smokables and can convert some CBG over to THC, but I'm more interested in whether any of the existing cannabinoids are improved during a cure. It seems more about the leaves from what I've read.

The first post:
Is there any advantage to curing bud that is going directly to extracts rather than to smoke?

I think curing is mostly a green matter issue as curing helps convert stuff like chlorophyll to other things to make the herb taste better, but does it have any effect on the cannabinoids, terpenes or flavonoids?

I'm wondering if that extra step that is so critical to bud that will be smoked will mean essentially nothing to me if all I'm going to do is stick it in some coconut oil and use it that way.

I know the fresh extract crowd doesn't even dry their herb in some applications.

I posted the following in a thread I started and Shed suggested I ask the folks on here.

I know curing helps improve smokables and can convert some CBG over to THC, but I'm more interested in whether any of the existing cannabinoids are improved firing a cure. It seems more about the leaves from what I've read.

The first post:

i cant answer your question.. i can tell you this.. i made some canna butter last month, from 6 month cured up
popcorn buds and trimmings.. decarbox at 250 for 30 mins with a stir in the middle..

the cookies knock me out .. was much stronger than the last batch .. possible decarbox step improved it as
i raise the temp 230 to 250 and cooked 30min vs 20mins..

6month cured is more potent to me.. and way tastier to smoke..

Back
Top Bottom