Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I keep humidity packs in my containers. I’m squishing year-old bud and still getting great results. I like moist...
Hey Grandpa,

If I wanted to get into pressing and dabs, what type of press should I be looking at?

I'm on a budget but want something that performs. Would rather wait and pay for quality than have something cheap right now that wont do the job.

Your expert help would be much appreciated.

All my best,
~Magnus

Hey Grandpa,

If I wanted to get into pressing and dabs, what type of press should I be looking at?

I'm on a budget but want something that performs. Would rather wait and pay for quality than have something cheap right now that wont do the job.

Your expert help would be much appreciated.

All my best,
~Magnus
Look at @Dabpress. If you’re just squishing for yourself a 6 ton is plenty IMO.

Look at @Dabpress. If you’re just squishing for yourself a 6 ton is plenty IMO.
Thank you. That's good to know.

Is there anything else I should look out for when ordering a press? Imagine that I'm a total novice - which I am cuz I've only smoked shatter once, yet alone dabbed fresh rosin.

I've recently developed a cough unrelated to covid that my dr thinks might be COPD. It occurs every time I either smoke cigarettes, weed or if I vape. I was hoping that dabbing might help make smoking that much easier on my health.

Is that a strange hope?

So that's why I want to get into dabbing. Because I think itll be easier to smoke dabs than weed itself.

So I really am a novice at this so forgive me all the questions but I'd rather have them answered on this forum rather than via online channels.

Or is anything by them going to be good?

And I just noticed they were a sponsor...

Thank you. That's good to know.

Is there anything else I should look out for when ordering a press? Imagine that I'm a total novice - which I am cuz I've only smoked shatter once, yet alone dabbed fresh rosin.

I've recently developed a cough unrelated to covid that my dr thinks might be COPD. It occurs every time I either smoke cigarettes, weed or if I vape. I was hoping that dabbing might help make smoking that much easier on my health.

Is that a strange hope?

So that's why I want to get into dabbing. Because I think itll be easier to smoke dabs than weed itself.

So I really am a novice at this so forgive me all the questions but I'd rather have them answered on this forum rather than via online channels.

Or is anything by them going to be good?

And I just noticed they were a sponsor...
No worries bud. I’ll help as much as I can. I understand it can be confusing. It’s my personal opinion that dabbing rosin is better (than weed and certainly better than tobacco), BUT it’s still smoking. However, I have noticed my lungs aren’t killing me if I’m normal about dabs. I also make capsules and that’s really the way to go if you’re wanting healthy lungs.

All the presses at DabPress are good IMO...it’s dependent on your budget naturally, but I’m of the opinion that rosin squishing is part of my life now, and I need a good squisher. You’ll also want some decent parchment paper (I use raw and slick), 160 micron bags for flower, a pre-press mold, some silicone pads or silicone storage containers, and some tools to work with sticky rosin. These things are optional, for the most part, but aid in capturing the goo.

If you have other questions just let me know.

PS. Quit smoking cigarettes! Now damnit! :love:

I am currently growing and a week or two from harvest. This is my first grow ever and I have a girl that would be best IMO as wax/concentrate
Would like to stay away from solvents I'd possible. Also is it best to use fresh frozen or dry frozen? TIA
For rosin squeezing it’s best to use bud that is dried—not necessarily cured, but certainly dried. I don’t press frozen at all. The more you can keep the bud at a decent Relative Humidity (RH) the better. I use humidity packs in my containers to keep the bud moist...like my women. :cheesygrinsmiley:

For rosin squeezing it’s best to use bud that is dried—not necessarily cured, but certainly dried. I don’t press frozen at all. The more you can keep the bud at a decent Relative Humidity (RH) the better. I use humidity packs in my containers to keep the bud moist...like my women. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I don't have a press.. was looking for ideas on what else to do without really buying anything else

I don't have a press.. was looking for ideas on what else to do without really buying anything else
Look up ice water extraction (bubble hash). Other than that it’s alcohol or other solvents. You won’t be able to get rosin without heated plates and pressure...as far as I know.

So.... I tried the Slick Paper stuff. Apparently, it's too slick for my needs.
I don't use bags. The puck spreads out much more and goes beyond the edges of my heating plates.
So... word to the wise... you naked pressers (Oh my!!!) out there might want to steer clear of the slick stuff.
Totally counter intuitive.... but seems to be the case.

I need to catch up but for smoking and lung issues I would consider a dab pen. I use one and love it. Cleaning is a must but everything else is awesome. Just my two cents. Sorrybif my phrasing is off, been a long day. I owe this journal a blue dream squish as well. Should be doing some tonight or soon. I hope everyone is staying healthy, high, and happy

I need to catch up but for smoking and lung issues I would consider a dab pen. I use one and love it. Cleaning is a must but everything else is awesome. Just my two cents. Sorrybif my phrasing is off, been a long day. I owe this journal a blue dream squish as well. Should be doing some tonight or soon. I hope everyone is staying healthy, high, and happy
Hey, do you know which of our sponsors would sell Dab pens?

And if I were to look one up online is that what I would search for - dab pen?

Thanks for your help.
~Magnus

This is the product of a lot of work and time. Multiple approaches to the effort.

The best hash I have ever smoked bar none. Smells like heaven.

5.2 grams. This came from an ounce of frozen fresh lower buds/sugar trim.

Got 5 pounds of it left...I may die. :rip: Of happiness. :ganjamon:

Thanks for the inspiration, Grandpa T.

Peace, Hyena

This is the product of a lot of work and time. Multiple approaches to the effort.

Peace, Hyena

You know I’d hit it! :headbanger:

Peace, Hyena
How lol

Back
Top Bottom