Grandpa's Second Try - Come Join Us!

Report time...

Temp = 75°
rH = 49%
Lux = 135
We will be dropping two new seeds on Sunday or Monday. It depends on when our daughter gets home. The two new strains are:
1x Critical Kush by Barney's Farm
1x Sapphire OG by Humboldt Seed Organization
The one going into soil will be placed into a 32 oz plastic cup that will be buried in the pot to make it easier to transplant when the time comes. The other will be done either in RW or the small hempy tube. I moved Audrey directly underneath the Growant, no water today as the pot was still heavy, and I placed another stick in the pot to help support her. I also took a little soil from the other pot and put it around her base to help her be a bit more stable, and maybe even grow some extra routes. That's about it for today. Obviously any questions observations or opinions are more than welcome.

PW...she 's Had a lien for quite a while. Also, she has grown taller than I think she should have. Her stem is very weak. It is getting more rough on the outside now, So I'm hoping it will strengthen. We turned on the Mars Hydro light so she could get more light than she was getting at the edges of the one light we had going yes, I Watchers fully around the edges of the pot, and then a little around her. I am just not 100% sure how much to give and not get run off.
Joe & Toasty...we Only have Audrey's left. Girl is gone, and Bub at never sprouted. So, when we get energy and time. We will pick out two more beans and put them in water. things here have been so damn hectic that we don't even have time to do something as simple as that.
Do you have a small fan blowing on the young seedlings Gramps? I highly recommend investing in one (nothing strong, you aren't trying to blow it over, just strengthen it up) and have it blowing on them. It does a great job at strengthening up spindly looking plants!

Do you have a small fan blowing on the young seedlings Gramps? I highly recommend investing in one (nothing strong, you aren't trying to blow it over, just strengthen it up) and have it blowing on them. It does a great job at strengthening up spindly looking plants!
Thanks for reminding me! I'm not 100% sure that we have our clip on fan going in there right now. If it is, I'll at least have to check where it's aimed and located. I'll get it turned on ASAP.

We did not reduce the amount of osmo as we went up. We did correctly and exactly as described and instructed in your first sermon. There was one in of pearl white with no osmocote. What we can do before we plant the next girl is to add a little more perlite on top.
in the interest of Simplicity, would it be possible to just plant the new Seed directly into the larger tube? Also, would you recommend any osmocote quills in the smaller container if you recommend doing it that way over directly into the larger to?

Diggin your thought process baby... K.I.S.S. is usually best.
So, if it is a straight burn, and Tead's not so sure that the rockwool didn't play a roll, but if it were a straight burn one would probably want to avoid planting directly into the end pot with all the osmo already in the soup.
Having said that... I'd do it... I've done it. Hell.... I'll put one together and join you in the experiment!

Diggin your thought process baby... K.I.S.S. is usually best.
So, if it is a straight burn, and Tead's not so sure that the rockwool didn't play a roll, but if it were a straight burn one would probably want to avoid planting directly into the end pot with all the osmo already in the soup
Having said that... I'd do it... I've done it. Hell.... I'll put one together and join you in the experiment!
I like YOUR thought process. Comparing notes Mike D a great way for me to learn more quickly about this type of medium. I'll add another inch or so of Pearl Light, then we will drop the seeds directly in. Thanks a lot, Reverend!

Just a quick announcement for everyone. I have been having serious issues finding the private message area of the forums. So, I have installed a copy of the WhatsApp application. If any of you have this maybe we can use it to communicate privately. Just a thought...

Report time...

Temp = 75°
rH = 49%
Lux = 2533
Kelley tells me that the edges of the leaves are turning brown. I asked her if that was happening when they felt a little crinkly in my hands. Her stem is quite thin and weak. If not for the to bamboo skewers that she is in between, she would not be able to stand up I don't think. I'll get a picture later today, hopefully, after we drop the new beans in the water. I hope things are well and everybody's world and homes today. God bless everyone!

Keep them under plenty of light, water the hempy often. I would water daily myself.
Right now, the only one left is the blue Kush Auto. We are dropping two more beans today. I have been trying to avoid over-watering, but I think she may need some today. Should I add some calmag to the water, just in case?

Hi there, I'm late to the party. I just fell in love with Audrey.:kiss:
Whorled Phyllotaxy is a trip you are more than welcome!.:popcorn:
Better late than never! Pull up a comfortable seat and help yourself to the cold Cokes and cheesy poofs.

Report time...

Temp = 77°
rH = 39%
Lux = 5332
Audrey's stem seems to be a little stronger, but not strong enough to hold her up just yet. I placed the seed about one and a half to 2 inches below the perlite top. Did this after watering the perlite thoroughly. The seed that went in the pro light is the critical Kush. Today, we will be placing the sapphire OG seed into her first home. I have decided that we will Sprout her in a commercially made pellet that expands into a nice fluffy medium. It will be buried into the CL after the CL is thoroughly moistened. If any of you have a problem with my doing it this way, please let me know and also list your reasons why. This just seems to be a much easier and also very effective way to do the germination.
I apologize again for my lack of attention to this and all of your journals. Trying to even get to each post is quite frustrating, because every other line says anything other than the post. Every other line gives me the title of the particular page or thread that I am on. This makes it very difficult to separate that from the post content itself. So, I get frustrated, calm myself enough not to throw the phone through the window, and then I have to log off. I feel very guilty having to do this, and I will continue to post here, but it rather precludes my keeping up with the rest of you. I feel terrible about it And I cannot wait until the new application is up and running. At least that way I may be able to keep up with all of you as well. I hope I'm not chasing you guys away. May God bless!

Report time...

Temp = 72°
rH = 42%
Lux = ?
We had a boo boo yesterday. Somehow, when we took these pictures, we didn't get the lights turned back on. I didn't find them until about 24 hours later and turn them back on. Other than that, just waiting on the new babies, and impatiently at that. The hempy bucket has been getting water daily. I'll let you see for yourselves about Audrey with these pictures...

Back
Top Bottom