Grandpa's Second Try - Come Join Us!

cool mist vapor unit maybe Vick’s heard they are not that expensive eithier how can I get one to you @InTheShed
I should get a commission from Vicks based on how many people have bought those on my recommendation! $15 at most major retailers. They work really well so don't just put them in the tent and let them run continuously. Also it's actual steam so it will raise temps in a tent. In the room with the tent will work better if you want to do it more gently. Rooster started using it to raise the humidity in his entire house!

I should get a commission from Vicks based on how many people have bought those on my recommendation! $15 at most major retailers. They work really well so don't just put them in the tent and let them run continuously. Also it's actual steam so it will raise temps in a tent. In the room with the tent will work better if you want to do it more gently. Rooster started using it to raise the humidity in his entire house!
That is awesome advice I do that myself buddy it brings it up not as drastic liek you said again my climate is super dry in winter

What do you need my friend ?

What can can I do I am as eager as the others sorry I told you I’m going to help o will do so my man inserted whacky smiley face emoji haha

lets do this already this is your time
LOL! :laugh: OK, OK.....

I was looking at the way the humidity has been reading, I really is that an idea or two about increasing the humidity might be in order. If you have any thoughts, Please let me know. Thanks a lot, my friend. God bless.

LOL! :laugh: OK, OK.....

I was looking at the way the humidity has been reading, I really is that an idea or two about increasing the humidity might be in order. If you have any thoughts, Please let me know. Thanks a lot, my friend. God bless.

best advice i got for raising humidity to my understanding please anyone correct me if im wrong .

wet towel method hung upside down clothes hanger into bucket pail.

wet reapply towel daily maybe . towels can vary by size as wise to clothes for different size spaces remeber to consider... hmmm

or cool mist humidifier @InTheShed this cab be bought online for 15-20 bucks usa or cdn i believe if so i can make sure i get it ot it will help your yileds tuninng in the enviroment more i find like who i trust in and support here on the magazine will agree to that.

simply as having a perfectly controlled environment will help increase the plants ability to absorb and uptake the increase of growth the roots can do during a the vegetative state lets keep in mind i find the first 2-4 weeks are a huge role as to paying close attention to its needs as when to feed or water depending on medium and environment setting.

if there is a way i can pay if your funds are not sufficient am i able to and or would you like to offer a suggestion how i can help make this happen. i want to help you thrive the roots.

I don't want to belabor the point, but for the sake of clarity, the Vicks vaporizor is not a cool mist humidifier. It boils water and produces sterile steam, at 212º F.
screenshot or bookmark page nice info shed thanks for cleaning that up buddy .

Well the two are doing okay think he should support the baby main guys or let him leave it looks leaning hard a bit ? Gramps if you need me pm please

PW...she 's Had a lien for quite a while. Also, she has grown taller than I think she should have. Her stem is very weak. It is getting more rough on the outside now, So I'm hoping it will strengthen. We turned on the Mars Hydro light so she could get more light than she was getting at the edges of the one light we had going yes, I Watchers fully around the edges of the pot, and then a little around her. I am just not 100% sure how much to give and not get run off.
Joe & Toasty...we Only have Audrey's left. Girl is gone, and Bub at never sprouted. So, when we get energy and time. We will pick out two more beans and put them in water. things here have been so damn hectic that we don't even have time to do something as simple as that.

Overall comments:

So the hempy needs daily watering, hmmm, okay, that might be an issue. I thought we were going with mediums that would prevent daily maintenance and burnt seedlings. I guess I'm confused.

The soil is AMAZING, I give it 2 green thumbs up! Keep going with this medium Grandpa!

The lights look a little off to the side of your pots, not sure the impact of that, but you will have to move those seedlings under those lights soon. Keep that in mind k, Grandpa.

It's very difficult to see the "green" in your pics Grandpa cause of the pink lights like Dr.Doob said, so it's difficult to give you colour reports on your girls.

Otherwise, you're looking good, get 2 more beans in that rockwool and let's get this party rockin'.

Questions, comments, kudos?

Sorry G2... I've been tied up and away.

So.... perl burned up. hmmm.
Let's talk for a moment about how you distributed the Osmo. I like leave the top 1/4 (ish) of the pot with a lighter load than the lower portions of the pot. It may be useless, but I feel it helps keep the newer roots happier.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why she burned. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure it's a nutrient burn and I can't help but wonder if the rockwool cube didn't play a role here. I dabbled with them a bit, but had some rotting problems in the cubes and moved on. I sprout my beans by putting them in the small perlite filled hempy tubes then replant them into the larger tubes usually after 3-5 leaf sets have formed. I would recommend you try putting a seed about 1.5-2 inches deep into perlite. You should have the smaller tube... it may need a 1/4 inch hole about 3 inches up from the bottom.... I would suggest you start a new baby in that setup and transplant her into the final home when ready. I cover my seedling tubes with a plastic bag to restrict evaporation until the seedlings sprout. Once they sprout, a touch of water each day will keep them very well hydrated.

I saw some other banter about watering the larger tubes daily instead of every 2 days. In my experience, the mix stays way moist between waterings. Stick your finger in there and get a feel for the moisture level.... you'll be surprised.

Sorry G2... I've been tied up and away.

So.... perl burned up. hmmm.
Let's talk for a moment about how you distributed the Osmo. I like leave the top 1/4 (ish) of the pot with a lighter load than the lower portions of the pot. It may be useless, but I feel it helps keep the newer roots happier.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why she burned. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure it's a nutrient burn and I can't help but wonder if the rockwool cube didn't play a role here. I dabbled with them a bit, but had some rotting problems in the cubes and moved on. I sprout my beans by putting them in the small perlite filled hempy tubes then replant them into the larger tubes usually after 3-5 leaf sets have formed. I would recommend you try putting a seed about 1.5-2 inches deep into perlite. You should have the smaller tube... it may need a 1/4 inch hole about 3 inches up from the bottom.... I would suggest you start a new baby in that setup and transplant her into the final home when ready. I cover my seedling tubes with a plastic bag to restrict evaporation until the seedlings sprout. Once they sprout, a touch of water each day will keep them very well hydrated.

I saw some other banter about watering the larger tubes daily instead of every 2 days. In my experience, the mix stays way moist between waterings. Stick your finger in there and get a feel for the moisture level.... you'll be surprised.
We did not reduce the amount of osmo as we went up. We did correctly and exactly as described and instructed in your first sermon. There was one in of pearl white with no osmocote. What we can do before we plant the next girl is to add a little more perlite on top.
in the interest of Simplicity, would it be possible to just plant the new Seed directly into the larger tube? Also, would you recommend any osmocote quills in the smaller container if you recommend doing it that way over directly into the larger to?

Back
Top Bottom