Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

Dr Grinspoon popped up today after 8 days of waiting. :cheer:

DSCN78391.JPG

WooHoo!!!

:thumb:

I can't wait to see a Graytail Grinspoon. I have a feeling this will be epic!
I swear that strain was developed on Bizarro World.

Time for another update. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think I'm going to have to cull Panama. :straightface: I was looking it over, trying to decide how to fit it into the bloom room. It's very wide and very short so it'll take up a lot of square footage, and it has a LOT of tops, so the buds will be wimpy. I could cut it back and regrow it, but this plant has never done well in the first place and I have more seeds. So, screw it. I'll let it hang around for a few days, but I think it's a dead plant walking.

BHxBB is holding its own for now. The fading has slowed or stopped, but it got its first shot of Cat yesterday, so that may just be temporary. It's in what I hope is a pause right now, pistils browning and few new ones, but trich production continues to be promising and it should have another 4-5 weeks to go for a 10 week bloom.

Buddha Haze x Blue Blood - 148 days old - 38 days 12/12 - 30 since pistils
DSCN7841.JPG

DSCN7842.JPG

DSCN78441.JPG

DSCN78461.JPG

OHS is showing its first yellowing leaves of its life. It's always been especially green. :cheesygrinsmiley: Good pistil production, frost starting to show ...

Orange Hill Special - 116 days old - 21 days 12/12 - 13 since pistils
DSCN78481.JPG

DSCN78491.JPG

DSCN78502.JPG

DSCN78522.JPG

Desfran stretched some more, go figure. :laughtwo: She's now at 32 inches, up another 9 inches in a week, but pistils are fully set and I have a bunch more headroom if I need it. These stems are going to need support soon, though - already getting a little floppy.

Desfran - 111 days old - 21 days 12/12 - 6 since pistils.
DSCN78532.JPG

DSCN78551.JPG

DSCN78561.JPG

DSCN78591.JPG

Tikal is thick and spiky and lush. :slide: It looks even better in person. :love:

Tikal - 112 days old - 7 days 12/12
DSCN78601.JPG

DSCN7861.JPG

DSCN7862.JPG

DSCN7863.JPG

The BH crosses continue to look very good. xDestroyer is inching a bit ahead of xNexus, and they're becoming a little more different every week - xNexus has a more compact habit with slightly fatter leaves - but they're both nice and vigorous with no issues at all.

Buddha Haze x Nexus - 85 days old
DSCN7865.JPG

DSCN78661.JPG

DSCN7867.JPG

DSCN7868.JPG

Buddha Haze x Destroyer - 90 days old.
DSCN7869.JPG

DSCN78701.JPG

DSCN7871.JPG

DSCN7872.JPG

Utopia Haze x Carnival is coming along strongly, although I'm not entirely sure it was UH that fertilized Carnival, and this leaf shape has me doubting myself. I may have to go back and study my journal for another possible dad.

UHxC - 26 days old
DSCN7873.JPG

DSCN7874.JPG

DSCN7875.JPG

And this OHS cut looks mighty odd, too. This is a cut from that fat bushy OHS I ran?? :hmmmm: It's happy, though, whatever it is. :laughtwo:

OHSCut - 28 days old
DSCN78761.JPG

DSCN78771.JPG

DSCN78781.JPG

The two new seedlings are doing well ...

BHxUH - 14 days old, and Carnival - 9 days old.
DSCN7879.JPG

DSCN78801.JPG

DSCN78811.JPG

And ... DrGrinspoon - 3 days old! :cheer:

DSCN7884.JPG

The Tikal cuts in water, and two I stuck in dirt a few days ago.

DSCN7892.JPG

DSCN7893.JPG

I put another Channel+ in the cup with the unsprouted one and am still waiting for something, and I dropped a Y Griega into water today.

:slide:
:Namaste:

I must have missed when you bred these. Did you journal all of them? Checking you profile now...:)

I didn't exactly breed 'em - not on purpose at least. :cheesygrinsmiley: My Buddha Haze hermied and dusted the room before I found out, so I have a few dozen of each.

I didn't exactly breed 'em - not on purpose at least. :cheesygrinsmiley: My Buddha Haze hermied and dusted the room before I found out, so I have a few dozen of each.

So what are the odds the subsequent plants would hermie? I ask because I have some Blue Velvet x Trueberry that crossed the same way. I was contemplating growing them out at some point just for the hell of it.

Another stellar update Graytail. You spoil us, and do keep that up, thank you. :battingeyelashes: That Tikal kind of takes the breath away at first glance.

It's good to see everything moving through smoothly. Sorry to hear Panama won't survive. How many of you thought "Here, I'll take her!" :laughtwo: Yeah, I didn't think I was alone there.

So what are the odds the subsequent plants would hermie? I ask because I have some Blue Velvet x Trueberry that crossed the same way. I was contemplating growing them out at some point just for the hell of it.

In my own experience, the offspring of a hermie don't have any particularly tendency to do the same. Out of the nearly 50 individual plants that I've grown, I've had this happen several times - some stray pollen gets dropped before I catch it - and none of the seeds have shown any more likelihood to hermie.

But there are definitely strains and phenos that are hermie and nanner prone, and they'll usually pass that down to their progeny. It's just never been a problem in my garden.

Another stellar update Graytail. You spoil us, and do keep that up, thank you. :battingeyelashes: That Tikal kind of takes the breath away at first glance.

It's good to see everything moving through smoothly. Sorry to hear Panama won't survive. How many of you thought "Here, I'll take her!" :laughtwo: Yeah, I didn't think I was alone there.

I totally thought that!

In my own experience, the offspring of a hermie don't have any particularly tendency to do the same. Out of the nearly 50 individual plants that I've grown, I've had this happen several times - some stray pollen gets dropped before I catch it - and none of the seeds have shown any more likelihood to hermie.

But there are definitely strains and phenos that are hermie and nanner prone, and they'll usually pass that down to their progeny. It's just never been a problem in my garden.

That's what I've been thinking, but there is alot of misinformation out there that suggests every hermie will make crap seeds. I personally think my plants hermied because of light leaks. That makes me think I may have an interesting cross to play with. Citusy sweet crossed with skunky berry goodness. Yum!

I would think that the dangerous ones are the ones that hermie when conditions are ideal. When they hermie under stress, seems like a healthy trait. When they hermie without stress, maybe those are the traits you don't want to pass on.

Aren't the wild SE Asian strains supposed to be more prone to hermaphroditism? Maybe just another thing to love and hate about wild sativa strains.

Back
Top Bottom