Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

Looks great, Brother! You got a lot going on there. That Bluniverse and Red Diesel are looking great and I still need to get me some Carnival, at some point! DCPurp looks awesome, too!
:welldone:

Thanks! RedDiesel kinda surprised me. It was a pokey PIA in veg. I upcanned it, fed it heavy, gave it too much light - nuttin - it just poked along. And then I get it into bloom and it shines and glows! Pfft.

Everyone should run a Carnival, just to see if they get the same effect. There's still an annoying variety of phenos, from short to long, but they all seem to have that same speedy buzz.

Hey Graytail . Awesome stuff. I'm now suffering from green envy. Winter is almost here so the good season is done for me. So in the meantime I'll just live vicariously through everyone else's grow haha.

I went over a year without growing and I still haunted the forum. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's a helluva lot less work, so that part is good. :laughtwo:

Nice update Gray. I think the Bluniverse gets frostier and frostier with each run. I'm glad you got to start the Hashplant Haze x KC. That one is next on the seed drop list. :high-five:

That Bluniverse is so F'n annoying! It looks SO FINE, every time, and it smells and tastes divine. It's easy to grow, too. Grrr.

HH x KC popped almost immediately like a fresh seed should and it's looking great already. I sprouted these two under some simple 23W CFLs. I think the ingredient I was missing was heat for the top of the soil. And the CFLs keep 'em nice and squat until you're ready to let them go.

Wat Neiko said Gray....nice update!
A lot goin on over at your place....your havin fun.....cheers bud! :high-five:

Thanks! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Heheh, you're right. It's startling how much more rewarded and positive I feel when my plants look good. :hmmmm:

Gardens looking great, you have a busy place going in.

Heheh, at first I thought - really? :hmmmm: And then I looked through all the pics again, and yeah, I still have too much going on. Why do I do this? I have 2 people to keep supplied with a nice variety of fresh weeds, that's all. *sigh*

:adore:

Amazing Gray! :high-five:

Thank you Sir. As the saying goes - "It's the kit." :) That's the only reason I can get away with it.

DCP is looking fine again! :love:

Garden is looking fantastic as always Gray! Cheers brother! :passitleft::high-five:

:passitleft: You should try some small ones yourself. They're really cute, like a tabletop Xmas tree, y'know? :cheesygrinsmiley:

They all look great! I think the star pupil is my fave of the bunch. I’d like to try that one one day. Been eyeballing their Mr. E also.

It has great color of course, and it's very well behaved. In fact, I wish it stretched more or vegged faster. They absolutely worked any Thai habit out of it. And I like GojiPupil very much, so I would think that Star would be even clearer and probably more potent.

We'll know by the 20th. :slide:

That small Star Pupil is really pretty! These small ones are still the 3gal pots right?

Sure is! :D thats a beauty DC specimen :bravo:

You have a crush on the pretty, colorful ones - I can tell. :D I confess, I DO value the flavors, etc, as long as it doesn't also deaden the buzz. MMS bred StarPupil to be a guaranteed purple. We're basically trying to do the same with the Carnival and DDA lines. DC still has a prominent DDA character to it, but we'll see how the back cross to a new Carnival works out. A purple would be ideal, but I expect it'll take awhile to find.

And yes, they're in 3 gallon pots, which I've found is entirely enough to grow a very nice little 1-2 ounce plant. These square pots are only 10 inches square, so they can be packed together and still allow a tall thin plant in each pot. I run 8 of them in a 24 x 45 inch space, about 0.8 sqm. I've been averaging about 45 grams per pot.

:bongrip:

@dynamo1

Have we "cubed" the Carnival x DarkDevilAuto now?

F1 = purple photo
F2 = selfed F1 = varied phenos
F3 = selfed F2 = purple photo

F3 x Carnival = ?

Or would it just be a BX ...

Who knows their genetic breeding? @conradino23 ?

You have a crush on the pretty, colorful ones - I can tell. :D
I do :D The DDa a had a little of was the loveliest smooth tasty oh so tasty and happy and dancing a little, and without the racy aspect which I now - unfortunately - need to be very wary of (heart concerns).

My recent candida got some lovely purple too.

It’s the beta-caryophellene I’m pretty sure. Purple usually announces high levels of it and it is both a terpene and a cannabinoid and it can temper the racy anxiety side of strong THC effects (part of what makes peppercorns able to do that too). So I think purples offer much more than their prettiness - which shoudn’t be understated :love:. You make a good point about it potentially deadening the buzz - not every purple expression is going to have the right balances... and that’s going to differ for different folks too I suppose. In any case - i’m very drawn to them at the moment!

@dynamo1

Have we "cubed" the Carnival x DarkDevilAuto now?

F1 = purple photo
F2 = selfed F1 = varied phenos
F3 = selfed F2 = purple photo

F3 x Carnival = ?

Or would it just be a BX ...

Who knows their genetic breeding? @conradino23 ?
So, you took a purple pheno and pollinated it. Then grew one of those out and did it again?

I'm not certain of a specific term for that, but it will give an exact generic copy of the parental. You lose vigour each time you do this though. Back crossing it to a Carnival should reinforce the Carnival traits, plus it should give it a bit of vigour back as well.

Thanks penny - bookmarked for future study. I understood the first section so I’m optimistic :)

Interesting approach, but, I'm not sure I understand the advantages, here. If your goal is to end up with a female that basically has the same genes as the original female, why not just make S-1's of the original Mom? :hmmmm:

Interesting approach, but, I'm not sure I understand the advantages, here. If your goal is to end up with a female that basically has the same genes as the original female, why not just make S-1's of the original Mom? :hmmmm:

First generation of selfed plant is pretty much like F2, so you can't expect much stability unless you have a homozygous strain in which case you're gonna get very similar plants... but you won't get it, cause they don't exist, so you have to follow up and self again to get to S2, where plant will be semi-stabilised and then go to S3, which is how you get a shortcut version of stabilised feminised line :)

First generation of selfed plant is pretty much like F2, so you can't expect much stability unless you have a homozygous strain in which case you're gonna get very similar plants... but you won't get it, cause they don't exist, so you have to follow up and self again to get to S2, where plant will be semi-stabilised and then go to S3, which is how you get a shortcut version of stabilised feminised line :)
That makes perfect sense but it still seems much easier to self the plant three times vs. making some "pollen soup" and growing out three generations of dozens of plants.

That makes perfect sense but it still seems much easier to self the plant three times vs. making some "pollen soup" and growing out three generations of dozens of plants.
Inbreeding a plant, as you do with cubing, will diminish vigour, but selfing it will diminish vigour even quicker.

The F2s are the result of selfing the F1 purple photo, and they had the typical 25-50-25% distribution among traits, like coloration, auto/photo, although the maturities were very similar at ~9 weeks. I ran 8 of them, one at a time - got 2 autos(a quarter), one of each color (half), got 4 (half) of each color total, etc. It was kinda fun to watch - I've never done any pheno runs on that scale before.

One of them - the 4th, and the desired purple photo, ended up with a dozen seeds. :yahoo:

I ran one F3 and it was a purple photo, and @dynamo1 crossed one of the F3s back to a new Carnival. :) I forgot, was Carnival the male or female?

So I wonder ... are we back to genetic soup again? Was it just luck that the F3 I ran was a purple photo? :hmmmm: What percentages would an F3 (F1-S2-S3) have, after two generations of selfing?

Vigor was quite good in the F3 ...

I like puffing and musing about it. :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom