Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

The F2s are the result of selfing the F1 purple photo, and they had the typical 25-50-25% distribution among traits, like coloration, auto/photo, although the maturities were very similar at ~9 weeks. I ran 8 of them, one at a time - got 2 autos(a quarter), one of each color (half), got 4 (half) of each color total, etc. It was kinda fun to watch - I've never done any pheno runs on that scale before.

One of them - the 4th, and the desired purple photo, ended up with a dozen seeds. :yahoo:

I ran one F3 and it was a purple photo, and @dynamo1 crossed one of the F3s back to a new Carnival. :) I forgot, was Carnival the male or female?

So I wonder ... are we back to genetic soup again? Was it just luck that the F3 I ran was a purple photo? :hmmmm: What percentages would an F3 (F1-S2-S3) have, after two generations of selfing?

Vigor was quite good in the F3 ...

I like puffing and musing about it. :bongrip:
Carnival was the she/he, I think we are back to genetic soup. More soup mix- I pollinated one branch of that F3 DC with male pollen from my cross of DDA(female)/Mr Nice, Bluedream, Candycane (male) which makes it
DDA-Carnival
DDA-Mr Nice-Bluedream-Candycane = :hmmmm: ????? anybodies guess is my opinion, genetics are there for greatness or not, time to hunt it down. The seeds you have will be feminized, mine will not. I just forgot to send you some of these to have, that was the plan. ooops

Hey Graytail, how’s all the smoke? :laughtwo:

I’m here with another growing question so let me take the opportunity to first thank you from the bottom of my heart/toes/roots for all the help and guidance over the summer both here, in my thread and in the background. I deeply appreciate your calmness and experience sensei :Namaste:

So ... continuing the tradition, question time :) I’ve decided that, alongside 2 regular 7gal HBB pots I will do my first practice of a small 3gal untopped beauty and see how I go with it. Nothing to lose really! I’m thinking it makes sense to plant that one later for a shorter veg, is that the right thought? If so, what sort of veg times, 4weeks? 3 weeks. Will be a Panama most likely.
:ciao:

:volcano-smiley:

You lost track of you’re own journal Gray? :hmmmm:

I had a bit of time and remembered that folks have definitely asked you similar questions in the past (including me) so went looking and found your answers :)

For 6 gallon pots, I typically flip within 70 days, with the plant at 14-16 inches. For my small fast grows in 3 gallon pots I flip at 50 days or less.
I've been starting them in cups, at least the seeds - clones are trickier to time right. But seeds in cups will get me about 40 days before they run out of gas. If they're going to be pure sativas, I'll pop 'em into 3 gallon pots and flip 'em the same day. If they need some veg, I'll upcan to a 3 and give it another week or whatever.

The sativas will then continue to grow and stretch until they're mature, which is a crapshoot. My GoldenTiger x OldtimersHaze grew for another 40-50 days before it bloomed. :rolleyes: But most of them will show pistils within 2 weeks, even if they don't necessarily stop stretching. The method hasn't been doing as well with hybrids though. Even the DevilsCarnivals could use some more veg time. I'm most pleased with DurBush and The UBH x GT - I nailed them perfectly - marvelous plants to watch - beautiful structure to them
:thanks:
:Namaste:

Is it possible get pic of lights.. Mine looks messy.

Here's the bloom room setup ... from page 1.

Is this what you're looking for? I framed them up with simple L-frame along 2 sides.

full

Oh good, yours are just as messy... Those side wires and the driver, hard to make look neat..

Oh good, yours are just as messy... Those side wires and the driver, hard to make look neat..

Heheh, I didn't make much effort. The solid core wires are nice and stiff, so that helps. I found that the light will bleach the hell out of the insulation though, if you don't keep 'em in the shade. :straightface:

Time for another update! :tommy:

StarPupil appears to be finished at just 57 days which surprised me. I thought it'd run another week at least. But I haven't seen many pistils in over a week now, so she gets chopped tomorrow.

StarPupil - 57 days

DeadlySativa was the one I thought I'd chop first and she's on another tear now, sprouting pistils and growing greasy foxtails, so ... Ima let 'er ride. :slide:

I usually end up missing the cues from Bluniverse and trashing it, but I'm doing better this time. Here it is at 43 days.

I did miss the watering cue on RedDiesel though, and screwed up a lot of her nice fans.

Kalashnikov stretched more than I anticipated, so she's almost the tallest plant in the garden now, in her little 3 gallon pot. :p

And I just flipped UBH x GT x KG.

And here are the big girls.

DCPurple is a reveg, so she's thick with budsites to begin with, but I'm surprised at how thick it actually is. About 2 weeks to go. Smells really nice.

Carnival is her good ol' reliable self. The buds are starting to look greasy.

GojiPupil is looking pretty good for this stage of bloom. The more I smoke this strain the more I like it, and it helps that it produces such a nice plant, too.

And YGriega stretched just right - gonna be another nice yielder.

Another glorious run it seems. There are a couple of really nice yielders in there :)

Jars are stacking up again, eh Graytail? :laughtwo: You had me “ooo”ing and “awww”ing from start to finish. Quite a bevy of beauties. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom