GreenSmurf's Back With LED, DWC, Multiple Strains

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates. ww1 is still out growing the other two. ww2 and ww3 have been slow growing, come to find out i had them set too high in the net pot and they were not receving any water. It took me about 2 weeks to figure that out. ww2 almost did not make it but I nursed it back from the brink and now its growing like a re-veged plant. ww3 roots are now just coming out of the net pot and looks a lot healthier than ww2.

I thought for sure I'd be ready for flower this week but when rookie mistakes occur they set us back. I just hope that I haven't stressed them too much. Pics up soon.

Looking at WW1 today and i noticed a couple suspect spots just starting to grow that look like it may be a male plant. Its not a definite but I remember what those nanners look like when they are just starting to show. Im going to give it another week or so just to make sure and then decide if I want to pull it or grow it out for some pollen stock. I do have another box I used for males in the past but I was going to use that one for a veg area.

Tonight I started to germ 1 Swiss Cheese auto (referring as SC) to throw into the mix. Just placed it in a cup of water with a drop of rapid root. Now all I have to do is decide if ww1 is male do I separate it and grow it out or do I veg my SC in the other cabinet. Male pollen stock for crossing or just growing females and using colloidal silver and cross that way... any thoughts?

I do have plenty of regular Widow seeds (80+) from a past grow I did. So I'm good with seed stock but don't have any pollen stored. I plan on making fem seeds going forward for each of my strains. I guess it would be silly to keep a male unless male pollen would be better for crossing. I need to find some research on the topic. I still don't fully understand the whole cross / back-cross topic.

When pollinating 2 different strains I understand 1 seed from that stock will show more traits of strain 1, and another may show more traits of strain 2. However, when it comes to stability how can I make sure all future seeds will be the same?

I'm sure there is a formula to follow. Check these guys out
Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up! Nis is very knowledgeable about this subject and if he don't know, someone on the thread will tell ya! I believe you spray some C. S. , get pollen from the hermied branch, pollinate a female of the same strain, not the hermied plant, and repeat til your happy. Something like that. Been a while since I read it.

Peaceful blazing...

You are correct, that would be the process for making fem seeds. Now let's say I have Widow and Swiss cheese. Cross the two and you would have some seeds that would be more Widow and others that would be more cheese all from the same batch. Once I find a plant from that batch that has the best of both genetics I would want to stabilize it so all other future seeds would be similar. In order to stabilize it I would have to back cross it somewhere down the line, I think around 4th generation.

WW1

WW2

WW3

Group shot with SC just placed in Rockwool tonight. I'm going to start this one in 3" net pot then move to larger pot.

1 suspect spot on WW1 still too early to tell though. Click to enlarge

So today is res change day. Added week 4 line up for ww1 and ww3. Used week 3 line up for ww2. This is the second week I've used week 4 line up for ww1 as I didn't want to introduce it to the flowering nutes yet. I'm still waiting for the other ww's to catch up a bit.

On a side note SC is still waiting to pop up, progress looks good as I checked on her last night and looks like it could be any day now. I will be planning on topping her maybe a Flux as well. This will be the first auto I've grown and from what I've read they can grow in any light cycle. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've already switched my 300w led from veg to Full spectrum and still using a 18/6 cycle. I plan on keeping it this way for about two more weeks. Then switching to a 12/12 cycle still under full spectrum for about 4 weeks, after that my light will switch to full bloom until harvest. I'm hoping this will give me enough time for the auto to grow.

Pictures will be up a little later on tonight.

WW1

WW2

WW3

Group shot with SC just placed in Rockwool tonight. I'm going to start this one in 3" net pot then move to larger pot.

1 suspect spot on WW1 still too early to tell though. Click to enlarge

Far too early to tell if that is a male starting. It could be the start of a female calyx or male balls, just too early to tell. Males will grow balls, not nanners. "Nanners" (they look like tiny bananas) happen when a female plant has gone too long into flower, or in some stress situations, and will grow them in order to pollinate herself. It's a survival tactic in case she wasn't pollinated by a male.
However, the balls on the male will eventually flower out and open downward, inside those are nanners that will drop the pollen.

I need to read back on the current light schedule. Are they on veg light schedule?

I am going to love this grow. White Widow is my absolute favorite strain. I started growing with Nirvana White Widow and Master Kush. :love:

Keep a watch on the nodes, and close up pics as you can. We can usually identify quite early. I just yanked one on the outdoor grow that I had to use a loupe on to see the balls with.

Glad to read you figured out the water situation and saved those lil' ones!

:circle-of-love:

:ciao: GreenSmurf :battingeyelashes:

I meant to subscribe here a couple days ago, and didn't get to it. I'll try to catch up a bit.

I'll be watching from the back row. Good to have you back around.

:circle-of-love:

I'm glad to be back and also to have you around!
I've missed the :420: community!

I had to take a couple yrs off from growing as my previous grow environment was not ideal. Neighbors caught wind of my grow literally (Temps were too high with HPS so I kept the cabinet cracked open) and found their way in and helped themselves to my plants. So after a couple yrs, 2 new neighbors have come and gone. I've installed added security to the apt, got a dog, and adjusted my cabinet from ordor leaks. The joy of city growing.

This grow has been off to a little rough start but I've kept them alive this far. It's like being a newbie again.

I debating on pulling ww2 due to its size and how bad I stunted her. Idk why I wanted to keep it around maybe its my pride and never wanting to give up.

I'm glad to be back and also to have you around!
I've missed the :420: community!

I had to take a couple yrs off from growing as my previous grow environment was not ideal. Neighbors caught wind of my grow literally (Temps were too high with HPS so I kept the cabinet cracked open) and found their way in and helped themselves to my plants. So after a couple yrs, 2 new neighbors have come and gone. I've installed added security to the apt, got a dog, and adjusted my cabinet from ordor leaks. The joy of city growing.

This grow has been off to a little rough start but I've kept them alive this far. It's like being a newbie again.

I debating on pulling ww2 due to its size and how bad I stunted her. Idk why I wanted to keep it around maybe its my pride and never wanting to give up.

That's not an auto right? If it's not an auto, and you have the space etc....I would let her have some time to recover. These plants do amazing recoveries.
It's up to you....but I would give 'er a chance. :)

Back
Top Bottom