GreenSmurf's Back With LED, DWC, Multiple Strains

Happy to report the SC roots have already made it out of the netpot after the transplant. Only took 24hrs, was really surprising to see when I checked on her today. I thought for sure it would take longer.

Inside the res I've added 1 tsp grow big, 1 tsp big bloom. That's 1/4 recommend for my res size per foxfarm hydro week 1 lineup. Now all I need to do is wait and see when the best time to top her. She's growing well, already has 4th set of leaves out (very small) and pushing up 5th set.

I'm in for this ride, I'm very interested in nirvana WW. These look great too, can't wait to see the outcome and I'm considering changing to DWC

Glad to have you along for the ride. WW's will most likely have around 10 weeks from this point to harvest. I'm hoping they can start to show some pistols soon. WW3 is showing some good early signs, I'm seeing single hairs coming out of a couple cyalax off the main. Nothing yet on the other two, time will tell.

Alright, checking out the WW's today and I can confirm WW1 is showing definite pistols. So this should be at least 2 ladies (WW1, and WW3.) All I need is for WW2 to give me a sign. Im happy with 2 ladies, 3 may be too much for my cabinet unless I get creative with branches. WW1 and WW3 are both pushing 2ft.

20161001_182631.jpg

Today marks another res change day. :morenutes:

WW1 and WW3 have both been given week 6 line-up. While WW2 was given week 5. SC wont need a res change until next sunday because I just gave her 1/4 nutes mid week. I'm finding that these WWs are needing an extra gallon of water almost every 3 days.

What a stretch these widows are having. It's a jungle in there! Seeing more pistols every day coming out of Widow 1 and 3 still waiting on Widow 2.

20161004_160756.jpg

I decided to give Swiss Cheese a little topping action.

20161004_160509.jpg

Fabulously huge fan leaves on those Widow girls. :thumb:

Good job on the topping too.

:circle-of-love:

They sure are! The ones off the main are ridiculous. Some of them will be comming off soon. We're going to see a drastic change in these girls. Right now they are 2+ feet tall. This weekend I'll be working a little bit in the cabinet. I'm going to get these ladies to roll low. A lot of bondage coming up, some of those fan leaves will have to go to make room for my plans. My LST skills will be put to work here and I may do something interesting we shall see.

They sure are! The ones off the main are ridiculous. Some of them will be comming off soon. We're going to see a drastic change in these girls. Right now they are 2+ feet tall. This weekend I'll be working a little bit in the cabinet. I'm going to get these ladies to roll low. A lot of bondage coming up, some of those fan leaves will have to go to make room for my plans. My LST skills will be put to work here and I may do something interesting we shall see.

Don't forget you can always pinch and tuck those leaves if you don't want to take them off. They will still feed the plants, but they will be out of the way of the light too. A good combo of tucking and defoliation is helpful for sure.

Can't wait to see what you do. :thumb:

So I wasn't able to do much LST on the widows they I was able to trim down Widow 3 and rearrange her branches.

I need to place Widow 2 in a taller bucket this weekend when I do a res change. Hopefully this will help her undergrowth. She's been growing in the shadows of her taller sisters.

I've been using colloidal silver on 1 branch of Widow 1. I've been spraying 2 times a day, been like a week so far and still waiting for change.

I did some defoil on SC tonight, I can't believe how well she is doing. I'm curious as to when I should expect to see hairs. Since this is my first auto I'm also curious about size/yield.

I have a Raspberry Cough (RC) planted, currently on day 2 from seed. I attempted to germ 2 seeds but only one came through. Wondering if I should attempt another RC now or plant later around this RCs' light flip. Im thinking about my spacing and current schedule that i should probably wait.

Here is SC day 28
20161016_002642.jpg
20161016_002651.jpg

Here is Raspberry Cough day 4
20161016_002707.jpg

Here are the widows a proxy day 70(total) / 19(12/12)
20161016_002931.jpg

Widow group with lights off
20161016_005711.jpg

WW1 top
20161016_003430.jpg

WW2 top
20161016_003440.jpg

WW3 top
20161016_003506.jpg

WW1 branch sprayed with colloidal silver
20161016_003541.jpg

Started a new journal and would love to have you along. Hope you are enjoying your growing.

Bumble's Humble Hive! It's Alive

Peaceful blazing

Thanks man, i just stopped by. I've been slacking on the journal updates here. Been busy with the family.

Here's my delayed update.

WW1 and WW3 are beast. They are tall women. I have a feeling I'm going to do well with their volume. I kind of go off schedule at this point with what FF says I should use for nutrients. I still use their schedule for a base but I add more beasty bloomz throughout the flower on longer strains. I'm hoping for some dense nugs.

I'm surprised at how well my light is doing and how much they love the light. This is my 1st time using led and I have to say I'm impressed. I'm sure if I had a larger cabinet I could easily grow 3 - 4 plants with my light.

Back to the widows... because 1 & 3 are so large they are almost suffocating WW2. The top of WW2 is doing well and maybe 2-3 lower branches but under growth needs some room and light. I'm going to let her do her thing and see what I get out of her. Maybe do a defoil idk.

SC is growing like crazy. After topping and defoil, she just exploded with new growth. I need to come up with a game plan on LST before it gets too late. I have an idea of using wire and make some sort of screen. Or maybe using wire to anchor the branches down. This auto is still not showing signs of hairs yet but seems to be in a veg mode looking healthy and happy.

RC is still growing it's second set of leaves. It's a tall little seedling with fat 1st set of leaves. I kept it in the dark too long but it's not slowing it down any.

I'm wondering if I top plants early somewhere around 2-4 times, keeping them short and bushy #1 could i fit more plants in my flower cabinet? #2 What would that do for yield? #3 What would that do for veg time? I may have to test this on my RC and upcoming seedlings.

Nothing new planned for at least 5 -6 weeks. I'll see if I can get some good snapshots soon.

Sounds great! Good news for me on hearing that your LEDs are jamming! I was a bit leary on how comparable to the old standard lights they were. So great news as you've done both. And I believe your height of plant issues should be fun to watch, for me, as I am sure to be having those as well! Lol, hopefully. Glad your growing is going well.

So here are the widows day 23 (12/12) My light can go up another 12 inches or so. Right now the top of the plants are about 12-15 inches away.

20161020_172858.jpg

20161020_173555.jpg

Here is SC day 32. I decided to tie down her branches and spread them out a bit more. I'll give this a couple days and readjust as needed.

20161020_174035.jpg

And last but not least here is RC day 8. I'm going to transplant into a larger netpot this weekend.

20161020_174128.jpg

Looks great! Typical huge leaves on those White Widows. You could get away with removing some of those bigger leaves near the bottom to open up down there a bit. Maybe even a few on the canopy area. It is a tight fit in there.
I don't recall how long they've been in flower to know if the stretch is over or not.

Have you heard of supercropping? It's a method of hard bending the branches so they will be lower, but without breaking through entirely when they bend. I don't know if it's too late to try that on the widows or not. I can find someone who does this regularly to guide ya, or maybe someone here can suggest it. I would want them to look at what you have there first, of course.
I've done it a time or two, but I'm not comfy with telling anyone else how to do that.

The SC tie down looks perfect!

Lovely ladies for sure. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom