Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

I use Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow, and Bloom. Simple and inexpensive, 1L bottles have lasted 5 months and aren't even 1/4 gone yet. I added in Bud Candy on my last grow during flower to sweeten the buds up a bit. Not sure about how effective this one is yet... I'm skeptical but trying something new
Will keep an eye out, thanks Preston! I feel like they might be a tad on the smaller side, so maybe no nutes quite yet? Or is it ok?

Anyway will take a look at what's available on Monday, ask for some input on here before I buy

Will keep an eye out, thanks Preston! I feel like they might be a tad on the smaller side, so maybe no nutes quite yet? Or is it ok?

Anyway will take a look at what's available on Monday, ask for some input on here before I buy
Not sure about shipping to your area, but here is where I get it...

Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow, 1 L Each : Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect Grow Micro Bloom

1666385167780.png

I ease my plants into it. I started at day 14 with a half-dose... Same for week 2, then increase to normal. Not even sure I've perfected it yet, but I have yet to roast a plant with nutes.

Best of luck! Hope you get what you need...

Transplanted 2 out of 3 THC Bomb plants into their final pot (5 gal)... Didn't have enough potting mix to finish the last transplant. Gonna knock it out tomorrow.
Did I mention, I hate transplanting....
First one I did today crumbled pretty bad but looks ok. Second transplant went fairly smooth but still nerve-wracking.
From now on, I think I'm going to line my pots with landscape netting before adding soil. Theory being; I can grab the netting to remove the whole bulb to transplant while this netting holds the soil together. Thoughts?

Transplanted 2 out of 3 THC Bomb plants into their final pot (5 gal)... Didn't have enough potting mix to finish the last transplant. Gonna knock it out tomorrow.
First one I did today crumbled pretty bad but looks ok. Second transplant went fairly smooth but still nerve-wracking.
From now on, I think I'm going to line my pots with landscape netting before adding soil. Theory being; I can grab the netting to remove the whole bulb to transplant while this netting holds the soil together. Thoughts?
420-magazine-mobile1483300012.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1025580057.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1739797779.jpg

My other little auto, about 10 days old...
420-magazine-mobile747675111.jpg

...and, the new photo plant. (OGK)
420-magazine-mobile147786283.jpg

I think that might be a brilliant idea. I have no experience with it so can't say what influence it would have, but if it allows free root expansion then I can't see how it would negatively impact the plant..?

Just starting with Day 33

DS, G and MC doing very well. SS looking a bit sad in the top left corner there..
420-magazine-mobile1115464358.jpg

Darkside (bottom left, previous runt of the group) has surpassed the rest, in both appearance and growth. Leaves are nice green and sticking straight out. This was the plant I gave slow release fert to.

I've now added approximately the same amount of fert to the rest of the plants and watered slightly, hopefully that will sort out Song Sparrow... For some reason it's just not feeling the need to grow straight: thin scraggly, warped leaves, curling leaves that are droopy. Some sort of discoloration appearing.. New growth is extremely thin as well..
420-magazine-mobile1898223768.jpg

I'm noticing a lot of yellow leaves now on my WW, fem, photo. She's beginning to flower and we are in a heat wave -100°F. Could this be a nutrient problem or normal using up N?
420-magazine-mobile1793555142.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1458769703.jpg

I'm noticing a lot of yellow leaves now on my WW, fem, photo. She's beginning to flower and we are in a heat wave -100°F. Could this be a nutrient problem or normal using up N?
420-magazine-mobile1793555142.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1458769703.jpg
Man, wish I knew enough to give advice on this.... Looks like you're doing something right. Your babies are beautiful!

Hey buddies,

Hope all is well for everyone this weekend. Solar eclipse tomorrow! It will only be partial here, and we'll be socked in under the marine layer of cloud in the morning. I might go out to the Central Valley in the morning if the sky is clear.

Here are my autos, started on 7/24. There pretty small but have greened up and started to grow. These cool nights and constant cool breeze really take it out on the small plants. I moved them to a more sheltered location, here's where they were growing, in the middle of the yard. That's the best sun but it's exposed.

You can see my larger WW auto, almost ready, on the right. It's finishing it's eleventh week. The very front is the tangerine auto, younger by a couple weeks.

The bubbas, planted for this group participation, are in front.

The three bubbas and lady tangerine. The one in the wine barrel is struggling the most and is half the size of the others. The barrel dries out too quickly and it is a light soil mix. Next time I will put a larger plant in there. I am considering transplanting it, now that it is healthy enough to stand it.

These were pale and gray for a week, but are taking in nitrogen and greening up. Started with weak nutrients as soon as the second leaves came in.

This has also greened up in the last few days. I cover it at night with that clear plastic container to keep it warmer. I topped up the soil around it with about an inch of compost and potting soil. It has extremely weak lower mainstem. I need to water it about twice a day because the top dries out so quick in the wind. After I mixed the soil I watered a couple times and it seemed to hold water acceptably and drain well. I seemed to have misjudged.

Thanks.:byebye:

Hey buddies,

Hope all is well for everyone this weekend. Solar eclipse tomorrow! It will only be partial here, and we'll be socked in under the marine layer of cloud in the morning. I might go out to the Central Valley in the morning if the sky is clear.

Here are my autos, started on 7/24. There pretty small but have greened up and started to grow. These cool nights and constant cool breeze really take it out on the small plants. I moved them to a more sheltered location, here's where they were growing, in the middle of the yard. That's the best sun but it's exposed.

You can see my larger WW auto, almost ready, on the right. It's finishing it's eleventh week. The very front is the tangerine auto, younger by a couple weeks.

The bubbas, planted for this group participation, are in front.

The three bubbas and lady tangerine. The one in the wine barrel is struggling the most and is half the size of the others. The barrel dries out too quickly and it is a light soil mix. Next time I will put a larger plant in there. I am considering transplanting it, now that it is healthy enough to stand it.

These were pale and gray for a week, but are taking in nitrogen and greening up. Started with weak nutrients as soon as the second leaves came in.

This has also greened up in the last few days. I cover it at night with that clear plastic container to keep it warmer. I topped up the soil around it with about an inch of compost and potting soil. It has extremely weak lower mainstem. I need to water it about twice a day because the top dries out so quick in the wind. After I mixed the soil I watered a couple times and it seemed to hold water acceptably and drain well. I seemed to have misjudged.

Thanks.:byebye:
In columbia, sc we're going to have totality. This will be my 2nd, so I hope the storms wait a while. I'd invite friends over, but they can't see my garden, hehe.

Thanks. Except for the 5 or 6 yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant everyday, she does look good. Idk if its nutrition, critters, the heat, or normal activity as she begins flowering. I saw some recommendations for hot climates, so I'll try some of those next year. WW wasn't on the list.

You're going to get some leaves lost as the flowers come in typically. Some plants seem to lose more than others. I grew two WW indoors, last month, one lost a lot the other did not.
My small WW outdoors looks like it will lose all of the bigger fan leaves this week, this morning they are all light colored. The mobile nutrients, nitrogen in particular and probably mag, are moving to where the primary growth is going on. As long as you aren't seeing other symptoms, it's probably fine. Plus the heat stress. Do you use a shade cloth? You can stretch one over the top to shield from the direct sun.

Thanks. Except for the 5 or 6 yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant everyday, she does look good. Idk if its nutrition, critters, the heat, or normal activity as she begins flowering. I saw some recommendations for hot climates, so I'll try some of those next year. WW wasn't on the list.
With the heat wave you describe, my first thought would be heat or sunburn.

I've got a question for basically everyone on here...

Who of you will be doing training on your plants?
What kind of training?
When will you start?

I FIM'ed all 3 my previous plants above the 5th nodes and tied down to get an even canopy. Think I might have done it wrong on that grow though.. still unsure..

I've never topped.. as far as I know topping gives two main colas? FIM'ing can give 2-4?

I've been very curious about mainlining/fluxing, but I don't want to screw up my plants...

I have 4 plants... What are your thoughts on:
1 all natural (just tie down, spiral around pot or maybe no tie down at all?)
1 FIM
1 TOP
1 flux/mainline

Any advice on going about any of these? What the influence would be, level of difficulty, important things to keep in mind?

Just some side notes:
I grow with 100% CFL
2 by 2 foot space
Veg cab has about 2 foot max height
Flowering cab has about 4 foot max height which I doubt I'll ever use with my setup as my previous grow total height from soil is just sliiiiiiightly over a foot tall.

420-magazine-mobile40636282.jpg

PS: Song Sparrow doing much much better now! Hopefully it'll stay this way /improve more.

You're going to get some leaves lost as the flowers come in typically. Some plants seem to lose more than others. I grew two WW indoors, last month, one lost a lot the other did not.
My small WW outdoors looks like it will lose all of the bigger fan leaves this week, this morning they are all light colored. The mobile nutrients, nitrogen in particular and probably mag, are moving to where the primary growth is going on. As long as you aren't seeing other symptoms, it's probably fine. Plus the heat stress. Do you use a shade cloth? You can stretch one over the top to shield from the direct sun.
Good idea...that wouldn't be hard to do. Supposed to be in the low 90's next week. I give them some water in the am hoping evaporation may cool down a bit.

I've got a question for basically everyone on here...

Who of you will be doing training on your plants?
What kind of training?
When will you start?

I FIM'ed all 3 my previous plants above the 5th nodes and tied down to get an even canopy. Think I might have done it wrong on that grow though.. still unsure..

I've never topped.. as far as I know topping gives two main colas? FIM'ing can give 2-4?

I've been very curious about mainlining/fluxing, but I don't want to screw up my plants...

I have 4 plants... What are your thoughts on:
1 all natural (just tie down, spiral around pot or maybe no tie down at all?)
1 FIM
1 TOP
1 flux/mainline

Any advice on going about any of these? What the influence would be, level of difficulty, important things to keep in mind?

Just some side notes:
I grow with 100% CFL
2 by 2 foot space
Veg cab has about 2 foot max height
Flowering cab has about 4 foot max height which I doubt I'll ever use with my setup as my previous grow total height from soil is just sliiiiiiightly over a foot tall.

420-magazine-mobile40636282.jpg

PS: Song Sparrow doing much much better now! Hopefully it'll stay this way /improve more.
I've never done any topping/training at all. I look forward to trying this out on this grow. I'm gonna do one plant natural, then top/train the other 2.
From the videos I've watched, it appears super simple.
I really dig this guy's videos:

How to Start Training your Seedlings w/Pigeons420 - YouTube

Training is super easy and will give you better buds especially inside. I have never had great luck with fim and it's unpredictable. I tried it on my WW and got good lateral growth but not much branching, the yield should be pretty good. I top and trim my outdoor plants but they have a longer grow season.
I may top one of mine, but the growth is slow as the summer winds down, and it may stunt them too much. If the growth accelerates this week I'll top one, train one, and let one go natural.

Training is super easy and will give you better buds especially inside. I have never had great luck with fim and it's unpredictable. I tried it on my WW and got good lateral growth but not much branching, the yield should be pretty good. I top and trim my outdoor plants but they have a longer grow season.
I may top one of mine, but the growth is slow as the summer winds down, and it may stunt them too much. If the growth accelerates this week I'll top one, train one, and let one go natural.
So. What's the reccomendation for my autos? I've heard FIM-ing is not good for autos. Topping? Will the stress slow them down too much?

The best thing iv found for autos is just to let them do their own thing.. And trim away fan leaves so that bud sites get most light.
And with my photos I top and LST.. Autos don't like being messed with but if u really want to do something LST will be your best bet

Back
Top Bottom