Growing 2x2 With ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro

Ok update. Re-potting plants. Cup to 3 gallon bag. Fox farm dirt. Happy frog. Half bag of Ocean forest. And mulch with firewood ash.. layered .
@Prescription Blend nutes. And clean water. Hieght of light recommend distance as directions.. day one of veg.

Day seedling- 7
Day veg. - 1

#xs1500 pro

IMG_20230313_160616.jpg

IMG_20230313_160610.jpg

IMG_20230313_160604.jpg

IMG_20230313_160555.jpg

So both plants are same height wise and growth wise. They will get about 22-26 inch tall and nugs will should be compact and hard. So recommend like distance at 50% is 11 in 29.9 cm so here we go. Any problems we will adjust them. But this should be good for as light distance.
I'll keep this setting for 7-9 also them move up on distance and light strength. It's just to get the light and plant time to adjust to it. Nothing more. Just give plant time to set in is all. I usually only do a 7-12 day seedlings.
So 12th day I'll go up on light and power to 75 % and adjust hieght according the size of plant. But I'm looking for that second node before power goes up.
16787434432834087217275714954078.jpg

IMG_20230313_160616.jpg

16787438012118646657796983527327.jpg

Everything is going smoothly.

In this stage, what do we need to pay special attention to?

Everything is going smoothly.

In this stage, what do we need to pay special attention to?
What I do is worry about Mostly light burn. Most common mistake in lights is people tend to burn the tops of the plants and it destroys the growth rate.

Light burn and growth rate. #1 thing to watch
It's day 11 for these girls. So we can see second node form and leaves forming on top.
Light is at 50 % now. So should see a jump in few days .
IMG_20230314_103615.jpg
growth rate first 7-9 days seeds form and first leaves form. 12-18 days second third nodes form and secondary stems will form and hieght will slow down some. Usually when topping or LST will be done then. Usually around 20th day of veg. Especially these plants. Now best to really see the plant is just let it grow. It's one thing to grow for production but to grow plants for the beauty is even harder. . got let plant grow like it wants to and trim accordingly. Quality over Quantity. Always best. Taken pride in what you do and plants will respond.
You can do visual response to lights. Plant will not burn itself . They love light. And grow to it.

I have the same lite, it’s beautiful and for this quality the price is extremely reasonable. I finished 2 plants already and the terepenes are very pronounced, weed taste incredible and it’s only curing 2weeks. I have my lite the same height as yours and I’m at 75%, plants growing beautifully. That’s pretty cool what your growing, someday I have to learn how to do that . Your gro looks beautiful so far

I have the same lite, it’s beautiful and for this quality the price is extremely reasonable. I finished 2 plants already and the terepenes are very pronounced, weed taste incredible and it’s only curing 2weeks. I have my lite the same height as yours and I’m at 75%, plants growing beautifully. That’s pretty cool what your growing, someday I have to learn how to do that . Your gro looks beautiful so far
Ty old G

That godfather will look similar to this can't wait see. Been a long time since I seen the pure strain again. I mixed both these plants before and kept them growing for a long time. Now. Hindsight is med hard nug. And godfather is solid

IMG_20230316_094321.jpg

Everything is growing great. . second node is more prominent

IMG_20230316_115415.jpg

IMG_20230316_115412.jpg
Their growing quickly, when do you fertilize, I usually top dress with geoflora around day 10. This plants a sativa though I’m kinda nervous she’s gonna be nute sensitive. I’ve basically only grown indicas up until my last plant. I throw everything at the indicas they love it , sativa was a different story.See what happens, your plants look great very healthy

Some pics of the flowering tent . What these little babies are turning out too.

IMG_20230316_094321.jpg
Wow that’s cool looking, what is that. Is that frost on those plants, freaking beautiful.

Wow that’s cool looking, what is that. Is that frost on those plants, freaking beautiful.
Yeah. It's got ambers. But lacks little longer. I don't do amber thing I used to look and chop. But noticed I was hurting these plants . So we wait now. They be good looking. If I can keep my hands off them.

What I do is worry about Mostly light burn. Most common mistake in lights is people tend to burn the tops of the plants and it destroys the growth rate.

Light burn and growth rate. #1 thing to watch
It's day 11 for these girls. So we can see second node form and leaves forming on top.
Light is at 50 % now. So should see a jump in few days .
IMG_20230314_103615.jpg
growth rate first 7-9 days seeds form and first leaves form. 12-18 days second third nodes form and secondary stems will form and hieght will slow down some. Usually when topping or LST will be done then. Usually around 20th day of veg. Especially these plants. Now best to really see the plant is just let it grow. It's one thing to grow for production but to grow plants for the beauty is even harder. . got let plant grow like it wants to and trim accordingly. Quality over Quantity. Always best. Taken pride in what you do and plants will respond.
You can do visual response to lights. Plant will not burn itself . They love light. And grow to it.
Thanks for sharing. Learn a lot.:green_heart:

Super excited to see this journal Dust, hope you don't mind if I tag along?. Your setup is eerily similar to mine. I have a 2.2'x2.2'x5.2' tent, am looking for a new light, and was just reading about the ViparSpectra (in compare to the Vivosun 1500) so the timing is perfect. How you are going to fit 2 plants in there I can't imagine but cant wait to find out!

Super excited to see this journal Dust, hope you don't mind if I tag along?. Your setup is eerily similar to mine. I have a 2.2'x2.2'x5.2' tent, am looking for a new light, and was just reading about the ViparSpectra (in compare to the Vivosun 1500) so the timing is perfect. How you are going to fit 2 plants in there I can't imagine but cant wait to find out!
Not at all tag right along. Backward. Welcome I am always here. Might take few to respond but it be same day or min hour sofort. I'm usually trolling to see others folks plants. And chatting with buds. Somewhere. Retired. I love it.

Updated pics day 12 of life.
Way I do this is first 7-9 days of seed
Then second node turns to veg . To me it means the first babies leaves are dying which means in plant world cycles. Begining of
IMG_20230318_190426.jpg
IMG_20230318_190403.jpg
growth before flowering. Aka vegetation growth. But I'll keep light same as recommend but we don't want a stumpy trees. . So have to think little on that one. tomorrow cause as you can tell, " they growing"
IMG_20230318_190409.jpg
IMG_20230318_190419.jpg

Second node development and growing babies leaves gone and big fan leaves soaking up that #xs1500Pro @ViparSpectra
Screenshot_20230318-210150.jpg
so how to do this without burning the plant. Since never had this light . We see the recommend right.. but plant grows every day in spurts . How to compensate for that.
See next post.

So. Here what I did. Find where I want the light. . Ok recommend is veg 11" to 16" flowering recommend setting lights distance .
So I'm a engineer guy so we ging take the avg hieght and power. So we going to do. As recommend veg at 50% power 11 inches.
We know plant will grow fast so what's best possible distance . Well you take an avg.

Screenshot_20230318-210150.jpg

Two inches tall plants. 11 inches add will be 13 inches 50 percent at 500 units of light.
IMG_20230318_211543.jpg

IMG_20230318_211538.jpg

IMG_20230318_211659.jpg

So take avg being power and distance. I like 100 percent power. And never touch it. But recommend is less. So we do less. See what happens. So we know pal t will grow fast. So ,11 inches right now. Is just asking for trouble. What to get growth distance . Plant will not willing burn itself on a light. If it grow to it.. trust me. They want do it only humans do that stuff. I got plant right now 2 inches from a big light.. so throw that in the mix. Or prove me wrong. Plant will not grow to burn it's self when they feel heat. If they can't grow smaller they burn. Understand. They will stop growing for a few before they have to grow and hurt itself. . Only if no choice.
IMG_20230318_190426.jpg
IMG_20230318_190419.jpg

Ok here is how I do it. Take plant size. 2 inches. Recommend hieght is 11 Inches for veg. At 50%. So if I put my light 15 inches from dirt. Gives me 3 inchs play room. I can go up to 100 percent if I stay at this distance . Moving upwards as needed. 3 inches. From here on out. So if I check hieght of plant ever day. I'll see I need to move light up that day. Save way to not burn a plant. Redneck way. .
I have never burned one yet. People here can tell you that. Really never have issue at all with my methods. But I never change once I found what works .
Don't fix it if it's not broke.

Your plants look great , I’m at 75% and 11inches. I noticed too that the plant definitely grows more if the lites alittle further away , I’m moving mine to 15 inches too I like the way you explained it , informative

Back
Top Bottom