Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

Anyone in here experienced with extracting & making concentrates?

I've been playing around a bit with my trim, getting surprising results.
Wondering how others do their extracts?

Incoming! :)

You will probably get a lot of responses on this, as MadDab is a BHO guy and Van is an oil guy. There may be an QWET grower here I can't think of as well. Have you checked out Grandpa Tokin's QWET thread here?
Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!
Sweet! I'll take any advice I can get. My last bag of trim was shaken down to kief with dry ice, then heated/pressed to extract. Very rudimentary but surprisingly effective. I'd love to learn to be MOST effective. LoL

I've picked at making bits of hash/oil. Just small amounts in the kitchen with isopropanol. I still haven't figured the factor that determines whether I get hash or oil - I seem to get different results each time I try it. But it does come out pretty good for smoking.

I'm waiting till the fall when I get a good harvest and I'll make a nice batch in my slow cooker.

You make insane sound like a bad thing.
I love insanity!! And I love my canadian growing pals! Only a matter of time before I visit them for some fishing and fishing and more fishing with a little canadian cannabis fun!

I don't do extracts. I do make coconut oil in the Magic Butter Machine.

I think Guy and the Dabber are probably the ones you want to chat with in here, much more knowledgeable than me for sure!!

Hey thanks for the light Jess. Highly appreciated. It was set up as soon as it got in the house yesterday. I don't think I have to worry about this one catching fire in my hand like that crappy CFL socket did haha.

No sweat brother! The light is a Bestva LED, 1000w with the actual draw I measured being 194w. It may be a burple, but its pretty intense. I grew some good quality dense Gorilla Glue under a pair of them in a 4X4 tent.

I got it about a foot above the plants. Sound about right?
I would move your light a little higher just so we don't have a light burn to worry about! Maybe up to 18ish, it was about a foot above the canopy in full power flower, and more like 18-24 during veg. Once you find that level that doesnt burn the leaves, then you can start to drop it down a bit!

Have fun with the light Fly, it should make you proud!

Are you talking shatter? I can help if you like......ive got a buddy that's shown me a safe no nonsense way.

Are you talking shatter? I can help if you like......ive got a buddy that's shown me a safe no nonsense way.
Most definitely! I'd like to try a BHO run but I'm getting the vibe that is a no- no to chat about on 420 mag...
I've pressed a few grams of kief to test the waters and it was good. I just want to maximize my extractions

Most definitely! I'd like to try a BHO run but I'm getting the vibe that is a no- no to chat about on 420 mag...
I've pressed a few grams of kief to test the waters and it was good. I just want to maximize my extractions
It is a no no. For liability sakes. It's pretty straight forward if you you tube and Google it you can find all the info you need. If you have questions I can point you in the correct direction, but honestly a press is where it's at if you have the resources

It is a no no. For liability sakes. It's pretty straight forward if you you tube and Google it you can find all the info you need. If you have questions I can point you in the correct direction, but honestly a press is where it's at if you have the resources
Yeah, I've been dancing around the idea of blasting a run of trim, but don't have all the proper gear to do it. Safety is definitely #1 here... I can't afford to explain a fire to the law in TX. I guess I'm more curious about overall yield between extraction methods.

No sweat brother! The light is a Bestva LED, 1000w with the actual draw I measured being 194w. It may be a burple, but its pretty intense. I grew some good quality dense Gorilla Glue under a pair of them in a 4X4 tent.

I would move your light a little higher just so we don't have a light burn to worry about! Maybe up to 18ish, it was about a foot above the canopy in full power flower, and more like 18-24 during veg. Once you find that level that doesnt burn the leaves, then you can start to drop it down a bit!

Have fun with the light Fly, it should make you proud!
Thanks Jess, It's making a difference already I think. I was wondering about the model; now I can go look it up. I'll see how the girls look this evening; of they still look the same I'll leave the light where it is. I don't have it adjustable yet.

I tend to frown on the use of butane because it's a greenhouse gas. Having said that, I've never used it before. If i did I'd probably become a hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom