Growing With The Devil - Perpetual Grow

The big bud clones are starting to stretch towards the COB. A beautiful strain almost lost. Will take clones from these for a big grow later

d23e620fcb59dfad54ae8bc5a18d69a9.jpg

Almost done with setting up the new Atlas 16 plant system. The third in my collection. Will plant 16 more Train Wreck clones as soon as the water gets above 15 degrees. It's winter

aa9a3fa5a2183788630751135d4e63a8.jpg

Anyway. I know what to do with future trimmings. Wish there was a way to do huge quantities of leaf and flower in a short amount of time. When I'm done with both grow rooms, I'm gonna end up with loads of trimmings every friggin month

f6d249e4fa2bdfcc0de5994fd7015f6f.jpg

Portable washing machine off amazon and a 220micron bag to go in it and your set...its very cheap and takes 95% of the work out of it for you too. .

Glad you are back and feeling a bit better dude! That is a shit load of fine hash you got there...

Finally planting time. These clones have been rooted for weeks. Two of them had started rotting, but still 18 left standing and I only need 16 :)

Should have done this around Christmas, but sickness delayed everything. At least now I know clones can be left for quite some time

4f39db1bd7c3be754f14eff4b4d42a00.jpg

Will dump a gram of first and second grade hash at a friend's place. I'm so proud of my creation I just have to show it to someone. Mission is to knockout this person completely :)

Just a little summary to show the explosive development.

17th November. Planted clones
348ec6c5e2ded180162cba2cd6de42ac.jpg

2nd December. Photo taken moments before topping
390ad69aa3f2f17738a1dc76128718d0.jpg

6th December. 4 days after topping
5e8bf81c150a6ba767e4877427f8d18b.jpg

9th December. Flipping to 12/12

11th December. Photo taken 2 days after the flip to 12/12
4a0d8a5372c6765834b1cbedb48ceb99.jpg

Third of January. Been flowering for a while
2249caedb42fa6de0aa2ca8df7e93736.jpg

The summary is to help myself flipping the latest grow at a better time. I wonder if I should do the flip the same day I do the topping. The reason I didn't last round was that I wanted the plants to get over the shock.

Guess they never got shocked in the first place. The topping didn't slow them down at all.

Open for suggestions on the matter

Especially notice the development between 2nd and 11th of December. That's actually insane

indeed I have, but never in combination with sea of green

I honestly don't know what I'm doing. The baking thing is probably just stupid. I'm just experimenting at this point. But it didn't seem to hurt it either.

I pressed out as much water as i could first with a 25 micron screen. Then shaped them a little bit and baked them till they stopped losing weight. Figured that would mean the water had evaporated.

Question is if any essential oils evaporated too? To put it this way, I'm all ears for other methods.

Love the results thought.

You're killing it with the hash.. looks good to me. I doubt you're gonna loose any essential oils... I was under the impression a little heat brings out the oils and helps with the final product. I have no idea tho... need to do some more research!

I think all the really good hash like the black stuff from Nepal & Afghanistan was aged for like 10 years or longer.. then the hippies found out about it, storage problem solved. They had trouble moving all that hash and turned it into oil .... that's the process I want to find out about. The traditional ways ... but they had fields and fields of weed.

I save all my trimmings .... running out of room to store it so time to make something. Freezer hash is well time consuming. Takes me a week to get 10gms...

The summary is to help myself flipping the latest grow at a better time. I wonder if I should do the flip the same day I do the topping. The reason I didn't last round was that I wanted the plants to get over the shock.

Guess they never got shocked in the first place. The topping didn't slow them down at all.

Open for suggestions on the matter

I never top a plant unless its in early VEG and usually its only clones I know are not going into flower for maybe 50-60 days.

There's some science to topping and loosing yields. Same thing will happen to a plant if you break the main root @ transplant.

Apical Meristem - that's the main stem that gets "topped". A plant knows which way is up and which way is down ... even with no light source. Thats how a seedling knows which way to go. The apical meristem is the "brain" - cut it off she has to grow a new one, that time she spends putting energy into growing a new apical meristem wont be made up, you will loose yields as she spends time growing a new main stem instead of growing flowers.

Lots of people do it... not sure why?? LST works much better.

I think all the really good hash like the black stuff from Nepal & Afghanistan was aged for like 10 years or longer.. then the hippies found out about it, storage problem solved. They had trouble moving all that hash and turned it into oil .... that's the process I want to find out about. The traditional ways ... but they had fields and fields of weed.

PM me. I know a guy that knows a guy that sells real Afghani goat hair, tea, henna, gold paint stamp pads & authentic beating sticks. :hookah:

Ian

Put up the 4 mars bars in the Homebox tent. That's 200 extra watts in that tent and should make a big difference in yield. COB pulls 100 watts. So a total draw of 300 watt

6f9528cd55ab5b83145fe5ffd04dd3c2.jpg

Are you gonna do 2 with the cob?
Yeah. Two big bud in dwc. Originally wanted 4, but only 2 of the clones rooted. The mother had been suffering for a year in a one liter pot, so she was dying and so were most of her clones at this point. I consider myself lucky to have these two :) when they start taking off I'll take more clones from these two for a big grow

Notice most hash making machines, either they're washing machines or based on the centrifugal principle, they cost a little fortune. Actually so much you could just as well buy real lab gear. When I was working in the lab, we had this sieving machine we used to separate different sizes of sand. I worked with natural sciences and tested a lot of sand and rocks during my life. The trays on these machines had mesh screens and the 3 finest ones would have been perfect for making hash. That machine could easily have processed 400-500 grams of dry material simultaniously.

So I did a little googling and I found that some people out there are selling the trays for my lab machine with the right micron sizes as a "set"

Check it out - they're calling them "Aluminum Herbal Pollen Set of 3 Screen Size stackable sifter 66, 96, 120 Micron Hash Extractor sifter Shaker (66, 96, 120)"

71wH51bbnjL._SL1500_.jpg

Those sizes are well and all, but it would be cool to customize them a little more. You see - the machine in my former labaratory looked like this:
sieve-shaker-machine-309.jpg

A very expensive piece of equipment even if all it has is an on/off button and a timer. I used to set it on half an hour. By that time the machine would have separated everything there was to separate extremely well. This particular machine is far over my budget, but when I see a so called hash washing machine or a hash extraction centrifuge cost 500-600 US dollars, and they look very cheap, made from plastic or very DIY'ish things made of wood. Then I question myself - How cheap can the Chinese make a real lab vibrating sieve machine?

The answer was - "220V sieve diameter 20cm Screen Electric Vibrating Sieve Machine, Electric sieve shaker with timing function, Screening machine" for as little as US $135.00 / piece on AliExpress. You have to add around 250 USD in transportation costs as well, but still cheaper than a centrifugal wood hash extractor with only 220 microns as an option. It is also cheaper than the name-branded washing machines. Not as cheap as the Amazon knockoffs though, but seriously - you can get real lab equipment from China, you can get your custom trays with your own custom micron sizes. This machine is made for 20cm diameter trays, you can process a lot of material in those. Also exists in a 30cm version I saw. I think I will put one of these machines on my wishlist for when the production gets too big for me to hand wash. What do you think? I think this will probably work better than the machines they sell for dedicated hash-making. These machines are sturdy as fuck and will produce you kg after kg - until you are dead, then your kids can continue to make hash for generations to come with this machine :)

HTB1VGKUXdqUQKJjSZFIq6AOkFXaQ.jpg

Kinda looks like I imagine the 70's version of the machine in my former lab would have looked years before I started working there :) But I don't care if it is 70's tech from China. These things really work well

Back
Top Bottom