Happy 4/20 - Welcome To Our Brand New Website!

I like it so far but I am concerned about the complaints about putting pics in the journals. I liked clicking on the camera, I hope this will be incorporated back into this new site. I don't wanna have to waste time copying and pasting. Happy 420 everyone.

Blogs will be moved over and updated tonight, everything will be the same.
Personal BLOG is gone.
This means that all of the BPN ARMY journal links are gone.
This means that all of the JD Lighting Crew journal links are gone.
My links page, my DIY How-to's, my Help/Disease trouble links are gone.
Also there are now, because of this, broken links in my Sig.....

Not yet, however we are working on increasing the font sizes and making the background colors more suitable to sensitive eyes in the forums and gallery. Please bear with us while we scramble to get it all done. Our fix list is a mile long, so your patience, understanding and support are much appreciated.
By any chance is there a choice function on this new website? I like the old one.

Hey 420 Mag!!!! I think the new site looks great, amazing job!!! I did find that when posting a reply, the photo option only allows a link, but no photo popup like there was before. Not sure if that's one of the things that needs to be transfered yet, but just one thing I noticed. Either way, the site looks amazing!!

Working on it as we speak brother, please bear with us, we're just getting started with our tweaks. :thanks:
Great place to start removing barriers and easing access is education...

Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)

This site design is NOT friendly to those with disabilities.... is that not a large part of our audience?

Can you please be more specific and tell us what links you are referring to?

Any chance you can provide some screenshots to show us what you are seeing?

What do you mean by journal titles and latest post being cut off?
some of the links up top are white and blend right in with the back round page

journal titles are like cut in half, you cant see the whole thing. Also Latest Post by: is cut off too

Had a conversation with a friend about the contrast of the new site in it's current condition and thought I would share his reply with those of you having issues with sensitive eyes.

I have a software you should use.

F.lux: software to make your life better

At night I make my monitor's color softer with that software. I was getting headaches at night.Think of it like this, without it, you're looking at the sun at night. It's cool because sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to get online and before, I would turn my monitors on and be blinded. With this I turn the monitors on and it doesn't hurt at all.

Just loaded it and can tell the difference already.

Hope this helps some of you.

No worries though, we're still relaxing the contrast. It's a lengthy process.
:Namaste:

Should be done by tomorrow, we're working as fast as we can, getting everything perfected. :Namaste:

Having problems uploading pictures with ease, have too copy\paste url instead og gallery pops up?

But new layout looks GREAT :420: :welldone:

Quick Question: My new pics upload fine I think faster than ever, but i cannot post them in my replies or comments? I normally did this through the little camera icon right above the box I'm typing in but the icon is not there. Just wondering if that was coming back?

Can you please be more specific and tell us what links you are referring to?

Any chance you can provide some screenshots to show us what you are seeing?

What do you mean by journal titles and latest post being cut off?

For anyone that would like to show some screen shots and do not know how, follow these easy steps.

if you just want the one window to show, push and hold ALT + PrtScrn. Then open your paint, push and hold Ctrl + V and it will paste your screen shot. Then Save and upload as usual.

If you want to show your whole desktop, push and hold CTRL + PrtScrn. Then open your paint, push and hold Ctrl + V and it will paste your screen shot. Then Save and upload as usual.

:peacetwo:

Working on it as we speak brother, please bear with us, we're just getting started with our tweaks. :thanks:

Many issues with accessibility but the worst for someone with a screen reader is the overlapping menus on top of every page. I find it irritating as a user and I am sighted. That feature may look nice but not very functional or useful for those with sight disabilities or physical limitations such as a mouth driven mouse or keyboard. Really should offer a menu system for them as well. I would be glad to help out if needed.

I also wonder with the use of so much Java does this site translate to the iPad at all? Can anyone answer that?
The use of Java is mostly responsible for speed enhancements by transferring work loads to the client. Just an FYI... for the laymen. This means it will reflect based on your PC , connection speed, and browser choice.

All of the issues I've come across have been mentioned already several times, so I won't mention them again. Instead I'll say how much I'm enjoying all the cool little improvements! :thumb: I'm especially digging the auto save! But there's a ton I'm slowly finding...it's going to be amazing when everything is tweaked!

:thanks: so much for all the hard work that went into this, and continues to go into it!

My opinions do not reflect those of anyone of any importance, but they are mine none the less. I have years of experience managing and mastering web sites and farms on an international level, as well as IT programming and administration. I share with you what I learned along the way in the spirit of our 420 community.

I am one that tends to think it is over complicated. Too much bling for the sake of bling so to speak. It over populates the screen and increases the difficulties for users with many kinds of disabilities. I lean towards serving that sector in the pursuit of the 420 goals. For those of us that are gifted with normal vision and abilities YES there are many enhancements. Clutter to an already crowded screen for the rest. In many cases less is more in this arena as well. Think of printed media and other common use items. Ease of access is the key to as many as possible. You must determine your target audience and serve them, not yourself to be truly successful. This same principle applies to growing as a caretaker. You grow for their needs not yours. You provide a selection they can understand, not the way you think makes sense. Who and what is being served in this version, is the question. It is easy here as well as in growing to overdo things and create a negative effect... balance is always the key in all things... the yin and yang as it were.

Webmaster 101
  1. Developer or team is to never review their own work...
  2. Never release into the wild till you have adequately tested, environment and platforms..
  3. Review for security errors as the waters are Shark invested and searching for vulnerabilities constantly.
  4. Check again...

If I was steering a team I would have pushed to a NEW environment leaving behind and removing the chains that bind.
But... This ain't my Grow...

I am grateful 420 is here, but it is the citizens of 420 that make this the place it is. We will congregate where the grass is green and easy to get at, as well as rich in REAL content. Don't lose sight of what really matters... 420 for ALL, "leave no one behind"

:peacetwo:

All we ask is that you please give us time to do our tweaks, before making any judgements. :thanks:

Boss I owe you a big apology. I was one of the first to start quaking about my favorite tools not working. The older we get the more resistant to change we are.

I was a Systems Analyst for years and saw people doing exactly what was I doing.

I had a luxury that you don't have. We had both the old system and the new one running together until we had the bugs worked out.

My Hat's off to you Brother. All your doing is trying to do is make the best MMJ site on the Internet even better.

Cheers my Friend!

Back
Top Bottom