HashGirl's Summer 2022 Grow Journal

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

MAG1 - Day 31 (+32):

MAG1a.jpeg

MAG1b.jpeg

MAG1c.jpeg

MAG2 - Day 36 (+27): I think she's so pretty here. She has such a nice structure.

MAG2a.jpeg

MAG2c.jpeg

WWxBB1 - Day 72: I think I read somewhere that White Widow is a big eater. They're being fed 4g/gal MC currently.

WWxBB1a.jpeg

WWxBB1b.jpeg

WWxBB2 - Day 71:

WWxBB2a.jpeg

Pardon the finger:

WWxBB2b.jpeg

To be continued...

MD1 - Day 16:

MD1a.jpeg

MD1b.jpeg

MD2 - Day 16:

MD2a.jpeg

MD2b.jpeg

MD3 - Day 16:

MD3a.jpeg

MD3b.jpeg

MD4 - Day 16:

MD4a.jpeg

MD4b.jpeg

And, that's everything. :thanks: for following along. Questions, suggestions and comments are always welcome.

Hi @HashGirl
If you want photos with perfect exposure, use a piece of 18% grey card, then focus on the front third of your depth of field, because focus shortens with distance, ie more is in focus behind than in front as it is less dissipated light
This is 18% grey if you want to print it off
Put a black or white mark on it for the camera to focus on and hold it exactly where your subject is to measure light
You will get perfectly exposed a pics in perfect focus - depth of field is very important
18% Grey.png

MD1 - Day 16:

MD1a.jpeg

MD1b.jpeg

MD2 - Day 16:

MD2a.jpeg

MD2b.jpeg

MD3 - Day 16:

MD3a.jpeg

MD3b.jpeg

MD4 - Day 16:

MD4a.jpeg

MD4b.jpeg

And, that's everything. :thanks: for following along. Questions, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
You are an animal! I don’t know how you do it. Just one after another. Your dedication is admirable!

I noticed that most of your vegging plants are in the 70-80 day range and still on 4g/gallon of MC. Personally I would bump that to 4.5 before I tried adding cal-mag to them.

Will do.

They're in the 70 to 80 day range because the tents aren't empty yet in order to be cleaned. I'm planning on harvesting the 2 Sugar Black Roses this weekend but that still leaves 2 plants in one tent. Hopefully, I'll be able to harvest the Runtz Punches soon, too.

And, I have a curing question: I know you're supposed to burp your jars and I thought it was something I was supposed to do daily for the first month but the jars that were filled on June 11 are already at 62 rh so do I need to still burp them?

Will do.

They're in the 70 to 80 day range because the tents aren't empty yet in order to be cleaned. I'm planning on harvesting the 2 Sugar Black Roses this weekend but that still leaves 2 plants in one tent. Hopefully, I'll be able to harvest the Runtz Punches soon, too.

And, I have a curing question: I know you're supposed to burp your jars and I thought it was something I was supposed to do daily for the first month but the jars that were filled on June 11 are already at 62 rh so do I need to still burp them?
I only burp once or twice a week once the small has turned from green to funky, I keep mine at mid 50s

Will do.

I only give my harvests air for the first 21 days after chop. Ideally that's 7 days hanging, 7 days of twice daily burping, and 7 days of once daily burping. Then I seal them for curing and never open them until someone wants some!

I do know some folks like to burp monthly or weekly after that but even if I though it was needed, I have way too many jars to even consider that. :)

HG You have unusual varieties of plants with such wonderful names... sugar black roses sounds so exotic. Good luck with the harvest :)

I only give my harvests air for the first 21 days after chop. Ideally that's 7 days hanging, 7 days of twice daily burping, and 7 days of once daily burping. Then I seal them for curing and never open them until someone wants some!

I do know some folks like to burp monthly or weekly after that but even if I though it was needed, I have way too many jars to even consider that. :)
I know the feeling - 16 jars and I'm sure I've muddled up the lids with the labels on :hmmmm:
Got a text from a friend earlier, asking what he was supposed to be doing with 8oz vacuum sealed in his freezer that I gave him last September(?) - I'd forgotten about that too

Hi HashGirl and Felonious, still real hot there?

I haven't actually been outside today but yesterday was quite pleasant with the temp around 75 and sunny. Today is supposed to be around 78 and sunny.

:welcome: to my journal, Mr. A. I wasn't growing yet when you were last here. I started learning how to grow cannabis my very first day of retirement, May 1, 2020. And, the first 2 plants I grew were Dark Devils. I got 8 grams from one and 10 grams from the other. :laughtwo: Suffice to say, I've gotten way better with m DDAs. My best DDA yielded 133 grams.

*** UPDATE TIME ***

Good evening.

I meant to update this journal on Tuesday but things kept coming up that prevented me from doing that including the province-wide Rogers shutout that happened yesterday. We don't have Rogers but our cell provider uses the Rogers cell towers so we were out, too and that meant I couldn't upload any pics to my computer.

Anyhow, this week's highlights include:

• The Magnums were sprayed with Safer's once.
  • The White Widow x Big Buds were sprayed with Neem once.
  • The indoor plants were all fed 1L of Neemed water.
  • The 4 Moby Dicks were all topped just before their 4th nodes.
  • CB Dutch Treat 1 gained 5 inches this week.
  • I took @InTheShed's advice and bumped up the feed on the indoor vegging plants.
  • White Widow x Big Bud 1 gained 5 inches this week.
  • White Widow x Big Bud 2 gained 7 inches this week.
Without further ado, here are the pics:

420 Update - 09-Jul-22.jpg

CBDT1 - Day 90:

CBDT1-a.jpeg

CBDT1-b.jpeg

CBDT2 - Day 89:

CBDT2-a.jpeg

CBDT2-b.jpeg

CBDT3 - Day 80:

CBDT3-b.jpeg

RC - Day 80:

RC-a.jpeg

RC-b.jpeg

To be continued...

*** UPDATE TIME cont'd...***

MAG1 - Day 31 (+43) - The Magnums are starting to smell musky:

MAG1-a.jpeg

MAG1-b.jpeg

MAG1-c.jpeg

MAG2 - Day 36 (+38):

MAG2-a.jpeg

MAG2-b.jpeg

MAG2-c.jpg

WWxBB1 - Day 83:

WWxBB1-a.jpeg

WWxBB2 - Day 82:

WWxBB2-a.jpeg

To be continued...

*** UPDATE TIME cont'd...***

MD1 - Day 27:

MD1-a.jpeg

MD1-b.jpeg

MD2 - Day 27:

MD2-a.jpeg

MD2-b.jpeg

MD3 - Day 27:

MD3-a.jpeg

MD3-b.jpeg

MD4 - Day 27:

MD4-a.jpeg

MD4-b.jpeg

Apologies to @Roy Growin for not taking the photos the way he suggested. I meant to remove the backgrounds of some of the photos but I can't get my photo editing program to work.

• I gave up on BBa3 and BBa4. I haven't turfed them but they're not getting any bigger so I will no longer report on them. However, I already prepared two 3-gallon pots with GeoFlora for the Blueberry autos so I decided to drop 2 Dark Devil auto seeds into water as a replacement.

And, in related news, does anyone remember the 2 Blueberry autoflowers that I gave up on in March? Rather than throwing them out, I planted them together in a 5-gallon pot and put them on our dining room table until around the beginning of May when I started feeding them leftover GeoFlora. I harvested them the same day I harvested my Dark Devils and I trimmed them up today.

BBa3 & BBa4
Days in Veg - 60
Days in Flower - 76
Final Yield - 33 grams total

IMG_8542.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

And, that's everything. Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

And, in related news, does anyone remember the 2 Blueberry autoflowers that I gave up on in March? Rather than throwing them out, I planted them together in a 5-gallon pot and put them on our dining room table until around the beginning of May when I started feeding them leftover GeoFlora. I harvested them the same day I harvested my Dark Devils and I trimmed them up today.
Nicely done @HashGirl ! Those BB Auto's are almost like found money!

Back
Top Bottom