Hempy Kush 400w HPS

Yo Sisco,

Just now found this new journal, was wondering where you've been hanging out. Plants looking pretty good man, I'm interested in your thoughts on 100% perlite when you finish these ladies up. I ran it my first go around and liked it, but didn't love it..felt like I missed out on some flavor, but I was (am) a total noob so who knows..I'm sure I screwed it up in plenty of other ways.

I'm not sure how well bene's do in pure perlite? That's why I moved to coco hempys after..and now I'm in soil, though thinking of going back to coco hempy in the future - but soil is just so damn easy, water once a week transplant a couple times and bam..but the yield hurts..damnit.

Ya so I'm baked and rambling, haha sorry bout that! Anyways I'll be watching for sure dude and awaiting your thoughts when it's over.

:peacetwo:

Bout time I said hello over here and see whats been up. From the top of the page I thought it was a old folks journal. Thank God for larger fonts. JK But I know my eyes ain't what they was.
Plant looks great Dude.
I know I sure dump alittle change here and there for seed stock. I wonder how much they are really making. I know it's sure easy to dump a hundred at the seed bank. Well least we have this super large selection of seed. 15 year ago if you didn't harvest any seed from your crop, you was at the mercy of that old saying, I know they came from good weed. Back then there was some good weed, some Columbian, some but very little Black African, Thai and Buddha Sticks dripped in some gooood stuff, and alot of Mexican. I wish I had some seed from the 'Old Skunk Man'.
Well your plant is looking good just alittle lonely in there. Keep em Green My Friend.

Sisco, did you get your new 600w'er yet?

Curious about Thunder Bloody Mary, also. Hope she popped.

I soaked one of my Wild Thai seeds but no joy. Just dropped the second one in for a presoak.

They look pretty small compared to most of my seed stock. I think they may be old stock.
No harm in trying.

Yeah my original AHK seeds only popped one or two plants which didn't fare well. I think they may do better if PH/nutes are tailored to their specific needs. I gave them the same treatment as the other strains I had running at the time and thats probably the main reason they didn't flourish.
I blame the guy growing my plants more than the plants themselves, lol.

Staying away from foliar feeding until I feel more confident about my PM issues, but it seems to have been good for your AK.:thumb:

OMM is doing lots of research for the rest of us. :welldone::thanks:

Oh so they were AHK.. I don't know how different they are from the AK but this one plant is a runt. Looks healthy with no nute burn or ph issues yet.. The foliar feeding as I understand it, could be done just as the lights turn on or before, I do it before they come on and put it about 32" away from the light so it don't burn. I read in OMM's journal that you got it figured out with the air flow or circulation.. that's the ticket. :thumb: I don't foliar feed during flower, just through veggie time.

Yo Sisco,

Just now found this new journal, was wondering where you've been hanging out. Plants looking pretty good man, I'm interested in your thoughts on 100% perlite when you finish these ladies up. I ran it my first go around and liked it, but didn't love it..felt like I missed out on some flavor, but I was (am) a total noob so who knows..I'm sure I screwed it up in plenty of other ways.

I'm not sure how well bene's do in pure perlite? That's why I moved to coco hempys after..and now I'm in soil, though thinking of going back to coco hempy in the future - but soil is just so damn easy, water once a week transplant a couple times and bam..but the yield hurts..damnit.

Ya so I'm baked and rambling, haha sorry bout that! Anyways I'll be watching for sure dude and awaiting your thoughts when it's over.

:peacetwo:

EY Marley Mon, good to have you stagger in..lol:welcome:

I read that the bene's will thrive in any medium, even hydro grows.. they live in the water.

I'm gonna' have to see how you do in the coco hempy :thumb:

I may also go out and get me a bag of FF soil for a side by side grow and taste comparison with some of these KK clones.

Thanks for the visit and come back soon ja' hear..

Bout time I said hello over here and see whats been up. From the top of the page I thought it was a old folks journal. Thank God for larger fonts. JK But I know my eyes ain't what they was.
Plant looks great Dude.
I know I sure dump alittle change here and there for seed stock. I wonder how much they are really making. I know it's sure easy to dump a hundred at the seed bank. Well least we have this super large selection of seed. 15 year ago if you didn't harvest any seed from your crop, you was at the mercy of that old saying, I know they came from good weed. Back then there was some good weed, some Columbian, some but very little Black African, Thai and Buddha Sticks dripped in some gooood stuff, and alot of Mexican. I wish I had some seed from the 'Old Skunk Man'.
Well your plant is looking good just alittle lonely in there. Keep em Green My Friend.
Hey NCW Ha-Haaa "old folks journal" I just have bad peepers and its much easier to find some of my notes when I look back for them...

I'm sure the guys selling seed make more than the ones selling weed (per oz) You see what some of these Auto strains go for!!!????

Thanks for checking in and the compliments :peace:

Sisco, did you get your new 600w'er yet?

Curious about Thunder Bloody Mary, also. Hope she popped.

I soaked one of my Wild Thai seeds but no joy. Just dropped the second one in for a presoak.

They look pretty small compared to most of my seed stock. I think they may be old stock.
No harm in trying.

Yup, I got it Thursday evening and now I'm waiting on the bulb.. I'll be switching over once it arrives :yahoo:

I wish I could take a few pictures of the TBM, but I left my camera..wait a minute I have a camera in the computer..hold on a second as I take a picture..

OK here she is, I put the seed to germinate on the 14th and we got back from a weekend getaway to this

Photo_on_2011-09-19_at_12_57.jpg

No harm in trying at all man, I've had some look real gnarly and grew very nice, hope you get some to pop :thumb:

Cool, that oughta light up those dark corners.:high-five:

TBM looks like she's off to a great start. So you germ them right in the perlite, eh? I would have thought they'd dry too fast but if it works it works. I know nothing about hempy but what I see here. Thanks for the pic.

I'll pick up more Wild Thai if neither of these pop. Only bought two from the pick and mix menu last round. Gives me an excuse to buy again next month, lol.

Cool, that oughta light up those dark corners.:high-five:

TBM looks like she's off to a great start. So you germ them right in the perlite, eh? I would have thought they'd dry too fast but if it works it works. I know nothing about hempy but what I see here. Thanks for the pic.

I'll pick up more Wild Thai if neither of these pop. Only bought two from the pick and mix menu last round. Gives me an excuse to buy again next month, lol.

OH, I may have skipped the first part of the germination..sorry.

I put the seed in a cup of distilled water and Great White (1/32 tsp) then 24 hrs later the seed cracked and I dunked a peat pellet into the cup of distilled water that the seed was in to soak up the GW.

I then put the peat pellet into the 2.5 gallon pot with 100% perlite that I had soaked in more GW and distilled water.

I've heard people say that Auto's need to have a lot of room for the roots so I put it in it's final pot from the get go.

Now is that Wild Thai the same as what OMM grew?

Thanks, that clears up my curiosity. Wondered how they could stay moist enough in straight perlite when they were that small.

For the first time I tried a little Liquid Karma in the pre-soak because I was also trying to germ some of my stash of old school seeds from the top couple of bags I've ever smoked out of. They're all probably too far gone so I thought the Liquid Karma might help. Not yet, but I'll try them all and see what shakes.

I agree with the pot size thing. Most autos finish so fast there's no point taking the risk of slowing them with a transplant

Yep the Wild Thai was only available from one seedhouse, World of Seeds. The two I received don't look like first grade seeds, they're light colored and small. I'll order a half dozen if these don't take. Only need one to pop.

Oh so they were AHK.. I don't know how different they are from the AK but this one plant is a runt. Looks healthy with no nute burn or ph issues yet.. The foliar feeding as I understand it, could be done just as the lights turn on or before, I do it before they come on and put it about 32" away from the light so it don't burn. I read in OMM's journal that you got it figured out with the air flow or circulation.. that's the ticket. :thumb: I don't foliar feed during flower, just through veggie time.

This is from an article I read online (unknown source; not sure how reliable the info is, but it sounds right):

"Best times of day to foliar feed are 7-10 AM and after 5 in the evening. This is because the stomata on the underside of the leaves are open then. Also, the best temperature is about 72 degrees (over 80 they may not be open at all). So find the cooler part of the day if it's hot, and the warmer part of the day if it's cold out. You may need to spray at 2AM if that's the coolest time available. The sprayer used should atomize the solution to a very fine mist; find your best sprayer and use it for this. Make sure the PH is between 7 and 6.2. Use baking soda to make the solution higher PH, and vinegar to make the solution lower PH. It's better to spray more often and use less, than to drench the plants infrequently. Use a wetting agent to prevent the water from beading up, and thereby burning the leaves as they act as small prisms. Make sure you don't spray a hot bulb; better yet, spray only when the bulb has cooled."

The wetting agent I am going to use is dish soap. I'll look up how much to use per gallon of water. I have that beading problem they are talking about when I apply Mega-Gro to my plants.

Thanks, that clears up my curiosity. Wondered how they could stay moist enough in straight perlite when they were that small.

For the first time I tried a little Liquid Karma in the pre-soak because I was also trying to germ some of my stash of old school seeds from the top couple of bags I've ever smoked out of. They're all probably too far gone so I thought the Liquid Karma might help. Not yet, but I'll try them all and see what shakes.

I agree with the pot size thing. Most autos finsh so fast there's no point taking the risk of slowing them with a transplant

Yep the Wild Thai was only available from one seedhouse, World of Seeds. The two I received don't look like first grade seeds, they're light colored and small. I'll order a half dozen if these don't take. Only need one to pop.

Hope you don't have to go chasing that one good one Green Mojo coming your way :allgood:

I know you'll work your magic and those ladies will become giant Trees...:morenutes::morenutes: :high-five:

:Namaste:
You just put a Carlos Santana song in my head.. thanks brotha'

Sounds like your rolling along Sisco. :high-five:

Congrats on the 600w light......you can burn hell out of things now! :circle-of-love:

I'm gonna' do my best Uncle O :thumb:

Well all of the cuttings from the AK look similar to this

Photo_on_2011-09-22_at_09_04_2.jpg

Should I start the seedling/cuttings nute schedule in the aero-cloner??

Back
Top Bottom