Hermie Poll

In What Kind of Seeds do Most Hermies Occur?

• Regular Seeds

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Feminized Seeds

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Autoflower Rgular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Autoflower Feminized

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Auto fem went hermie on me. Those seeds have produced herm and non herm plants. Maybe it makes it easier for them to herm since the genetics were unstable.
That's kinda why I posted the poll, many theories, I have my own theory, but want real life input from other growers.
Thanks!!

I think the question is not properly asked to be honest? Any strain can hermie if grown poorly and treated badly. I think the thread title should be, do you think fem, auto or regs are more stable from your personal experience? That still leaves a lot of questions.

It all depends on the breeder. There's bad regular, fem and auto seeds. Since they're all Cannabis seeds they all share the same inherent problems. I don't think it's the variety that matters, it's how well it's been grown and bred.

Many people are confused by Auto genetics and they still often share photo genes making them growing better under 12/12 compared to 18/6-24/24. Those phenotypes have a higher risk of hermie since they often get forced to grow under a light schedule they can't fully flower under and may hermie as a result.

But that's not a problem with the genetics, it's a problem with lack of understanding and knowledge leading me back to there's to many variables to differentiate between growers. We need side by side comparisons that spans years from reputable stable breeders with proper data logging to even be able to give a proper answer.

Think it's genetics that can be triggered by environmental conditions and growers neglect.
Some strains are more prone to herm. Diesel, blueberry, Thai, purple kush, etc.

Also, I have my share of reg seeds herm too. Think a lot of folks on the forums use Fem instead of regular. So it's going to be a one sided poll
Cheers

I've had G-13 Fem and a Skunk Fem go hermie on me. On different grows.
Ahhh hell, I just started a G13 haze and NYC diesel ⛽.
Think it's genetics that can be triggered by environmental conditions and growers neglect.
Some strains are more prone to herm. Diesel, blueberry, Thai, purple kush, etc.

Also, I have my share of reg seeds herm too. Think a lot of folks on the forums use Fem instead of regular. So it's going to be a one sided poll
Cheers

Given careful breeding, and a stabilized seed line, and given normal, good growing conditions, I'll take a guess that the number of hermies that might emerge will be very low. In terms of those categories – photo/auto, fem/reg – the number of hermies will be roughly the same. That's my guess.

Genetics. I've only had one true intersex, a nd believe it was genetics. I don't count the random lower male flower that tends to happen. Usually if you catch them, no issue. I don't consider that a herm, but if you got seeds, those would be junk, IMO. I won't deal with a certain breeder because they are offspring from their genetics. Well know breeder too. I won't mention though, cause I don't wanna trash talk.

Back in the 80's when I grew outside I had only bag seed. But it was quality bag seed. but with bag seed you get what you get. first grow I planted 3 seeds, nurtured loved, danced naked under the full moon with em... ALL male. a full summer down the drain. that winter I came across a book called " primo plant " I got a lot of info about nutrients and things I didn't know. and a section that delt with hermies, it said that under certain conditions the female plant if it sense it has not been pollinate it will grow a few male flowers to be able to reproduce. it told about different things that would stress and cause hermies. that year I had 2 male and 1 female, the male got chopped up and buried in the compost bin. the female plant started flowering about a week later. I would turn on the spot light aimed at the back of the yard. just about an hour every other night for a week. sure enough it hermied and I've grown only female plants since.

This is what I consider a true herms. The male sack ( not a nanner) with the female parts.
If the sack is left on the plant it will continue to ripen. Then, about a week or so after it forms it opens up and the 'bananas' will be seen.

This is an example from a male plant I had let grow for about 2 weeks after I saw that it was male. It shows what starts to happen. Almost dead center in the photo is one of the sacks opening and the 'bananas' showing. There is a real good photo on the Sensi Seed web site in a blog article called Anatomy of the Cannabis Plant: From Roots to Pistils.

What we call the 'bananas' are the anthers and are the part of the male flower that produces the pollen.

full

My question is in what kind of seeds do most hermies occur? Inquiring minds want to know!

they can all hermie. personally, i have seen more issues with auto fems than any other. they all can do it however.

there are even land races known to be pre-disposed. genetics on those lines can show true intersex. unlike others here i consider what a lot of folk call stress nanners to be hermies. only if widely spread through the plant though.

Back
Top Bottom