Hey there!

Fingathing

420 Member
New indoor grower from France, looking forward to learn the basics on solid strains, before I feel I can explore the infinite combinations offered nowadays by creative breeders. You don't really get to choose what weed you get, here, you mainly come across productive indica [well, not even now, as everyone's waiting for the outdoor harvests...]

Anyway, the 420Mag forum has been recommended to me by an experienced french grower.

:welcome:

Hi Fingathing,

And WELCOME to :420:

We are a friendly bunch here as you soon will find out.

Are you growing something right now? If so you should put up a grow journal with pics for others to see. We have some very helpful and experienced growers here. You can find a link to a thread on How to Start a Grow Journal under the main menu heading Grow. That document tells you everything you need to know to start a grow journal.

There is lots more to do here than just learn to grow. There are many forums to participate in and the more you participate the more people will get to know you and you'll make friends.

So welcome a board. Hope you have fun getting to know us!

All my best,
~Magnus

Hey everyone !

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

@stoneotter - Soil, for starters, all-mix, I reckon, in order not to have the whole bunch of parameters to deal with at the beginning, althought I know that's not it, and I'll also need a fertilizer pack. Each step at the time... :)

@JimJonesJr - Tell me about it :) I've only opened that door a tiny bit, and already feel the whole complexity and depth of this world... I've been smoking for at least 25 years, and never figured out how vast this activity is, and I'm getting REALLY hooked on it...

@Magnus8 - No, I'm not growing anything at the moment. I've done some outdoor growing, back in the days, until I first got robbed, then got the po-po sniffing around the year after [they couldn't connect that with my person, so I got pretty lucky on that one] Anyway, I'm preparing my very first serious indoor grow, and yeah.... Looking forward to learn from cool and experienced people :)

@Satax - Mais CARREMENT ! :) Merci pour le plan, mec !

Hey everyone !

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

@stoneotter - Soil, for starters, all-mix, I reckon, in order not to have the whole bunch of parameters to deal with at the beginning, althought I know that's not it, and I'll also need a fertilizer pack. Each step at the time... :)

@JimJonesJr - Tell me about it :) I've only opened that door a tiny bit, and already feel the whole complexity and depth of this world... I've been smoking for at least 25 years, and never figured out how vast this activity is, and I'm getting REALLY hooked on it...

@Magnus8 - No, I'm not growing anything at the moment. I've done some outdoor growing, back in the days, until I first got robbed, then got the po-po sniffing around the year after [they couldn't connect that with my person, so I got pretty lucky on that one] Anyway, I'm preparing my very first serious indoor grow, and yeah.... Looking forward to learn from cool and experienced people :)

@Satax - Mais CARREMENT ! :) Merci pour le plan, mec !
There's a lot of choices for soil. My first successful grow was with Michigan Mix, a water only(until flip) super soil.

@stoneotter - Do you mean that this very Michigan Mix doesn't need any fertilizer ? Looks like a good option to begin with... :)
Yes. There's others too but I don't know them. I used it many times and it grows well. The only thing it needs is a hit of a product called PaPa's Perfect Poop. It's bat guano I presume and it goes on top of the soil at light flip. That's it. Supersoil is what folks call it in general. These both have an organic rating of some sort too. The other thing is you have to ph the water to 6.5 with it.

@stoneotter - What yield do you expect per square inch, using only enriched soil and a pinch of guano ? Just trying to figure out numbers here, as I know I'll somehow switch to fine adjustments once I feel more comfortable with the plant, and study the fertilizing chapter, alongside with other parameters. I'm focused on quality, for now, but I know myself, I love playing strategy games, and it feels like growing pot could be close to an IRL strategy game, adjusting extremely fine parameters in order to get the most efficient system...

Oh boy... Looks like I'm headed towards countless hours of fun... :D

@stoneotter - What yield do you expect per square inch, using only enriched soil and a pinch of guano ? Just trying to figure out numbers here, as I know I'll somehow switch to fine adjustments once I feel more comfortable with the plant, and study the fertilizing chapter, alongside with other parameters. I'm focused on quality, for now, but I know myself, I love playing strategy games, and it feels like growing pot could be close to an IRL strategy game, adjusting extremely fine parameters in order to get the most efficient system...

Oh boy... Looks like I'm headed towards countless hours of fun... :D
I got 32 oz dry from the last grow in a 4.5 x 4.5 foot tent. I expect more from this run because I'm getting a better veg and lst in. That's with my mixed living Organic Soil. The Michigan Mix will be different but similar. I did well with it, it's expensive to buy at 30.00 a bag and throw away. That's why I mix my own and amend it after a grow.
Yes countless hours for sure! This is the best thing ever regardless of the method you choose. My soil now doesn't need the top dress at flip to boot. Just ro water and a tea now and then. Real growers Recharge is my go to tea, or I can bubble one up with the amendments I have around. Happy researching!

Back
Top Bottom