Hi: New grower checking in!

Just A Simple Guy

Well, relatively new grower. I grew a few crops back in the mid-90s under a 400W HID. Just a couple of plants per grow and they didn't have great yield because I really didn't do my homework. This time is different. I did my homework and have a crop growing under a 220W LED. It's a small grow in a custom 3x2 grow room I built in an upstairs closet. I had planned to bring two plants to flower however one of them is getting so big I moved the runt to the upstairs half bathroom and have it under the T5 I used for seedling and early veg.

Started germination on 4/26, they popped on 5/1 and I'm going to go to 12/12 this Sunday, 6/27. Here's a couple of pics of the big one. It's in a 5 gallon fabric pot and a tad over 12" tall. I did mainline it so it has 8 main tops. It has a tiny bit of light stress and I'm still getting use to the LED. I have it all the way up and I cut the power back to 55%. I initially thought 100% would be okay since it's between 5 & 6 feet from the floor but it's too intense. I've gone from 100% to 75% then 65% and now 55%. I'm thinking when it gets near the end of stretch I can start to slowly increase power. How does it look?

PXL_20210623_204114203.jpg

PXL_20210623_204129367.jpg

Awesome looking ladies you have. Very healthy Indeed..

Squiggz

It's one White Widow lady mainlined and LST'd. ;)

Honestly I had no idea it would bush out so much! I thought I could do two in that space but it's going to fill the entire 3x2.

Welcome @Just A Simple Guy That's some introduction

Will you be starting a journal soon? Link below

Also, if you feel like exploring the site check out the contest and win free stuff.

420 Contests

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

By the way nice looking lady.

Hey there! I'm here because early on when I was still in 1 gallon pots I over-watered, and digging around the 'net I found your post on how to properly water. Works like a champ and the proof is in the pudding! :thumb:

Welcome @Just A Simple Guy That's some introduction

Will you be starting a journal soon? Link below

Also, if you feel like exploring the site check out the contest and win free stuff.

420 Contests

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

By the way nice looking lady.
I don't know if I'll do an extensive journal, at least not for this grow. Still learning the ropes however I might do something light and post some pics during flower. So much to learn and do but at the same time it's something to enjoy and not get stressed over.

The other day I did a light defoliation on the bottom and I'm contemplating whether to do another shortly after flipping to 12/12. Guess it depends on how much of a jungle it produces. Want to keep good internal air flow and also allow light to hit the bud sites. We shall see...

Welcome! They're beautiful. If my babies took that long I ain't gonna lie I'd be trying to search for one in the soil. I suck at patience lmao.

:passitleft:
Reminds me of that Carly Simon song...

Anticipation
Anticipation
Is making me wait
Is keeping me waiting

LOL! Maybe :meditate: would help? :Namaste:

Welcome to 420 Mag ! Great site & people around here.
If it was my plant I would cut off everything on the bottom 1/4th of the plant & any twig branches that will not make it to the top. That's how you get the huge Cola's & it opens up the plant for more airflow & light. You get very little popcorn size buds that way too.
6-449.JPG
6-450.JPG
6-456 (2).JPG

Just a suggestion since you are getting ready to start Flower.

Welcome to 420 Mag ! Great site & people around here.
If it was my plant I would cut off everything on the bottom 1/4th of the plant & any twig branches that will not make it to the top. That's how you get the huge Cola's & it opens up the plant for more airflow & light. You get very little popcorn size buds that way too.

Just a suggestion since you are getting ready to start Flower.
I am considering lollipopping and have a few guides bookmarked. What's your opinion on doing it before or after flipping to 12/12? I've read it can be done at either point but just not too long after flipping, like within the first week and also do it at least a couple few days before or after flipping.

By the way that's a sweet looking lady!

I am considering lollipopping and have a few guides bookmarked. What's your opinion on doing it before or after flipping to 12/12? I've read it can be done at either point but just not too long after flipping, like within the first week and also do it at least a couple few days before or after flipping.

By the way that's a sweet looking lady!
Sometimes I do it a week before; but usually it grows back in 2 weeks so you have to do it again anyway. So most the time I give it 1-2 weeks into flower / transition period & then do the trimming. I figure it's a little less recovery time this way.

Sometimes I do it a week before; but usually it grows back in 2 weeks so you have to do it again anyway. So most the time I give it 1-2 weeks into flower / transition period & then do the trimming. I figure it's a little less recovery time this way.
I just did another light defoliation (big fan leaves only, no shoots) and since I'm flipping Sunday I think I'll leave them be for now and see how they look in the middle of next week.

Well, relatively new grower. I grew a few crops back in the mid-90s under a 400W HID. Just a couple of plants per grow and they didn't have great yield because I really didn't do my homework. This time is different. I did my homework and have a crop growing under a 220W LED. It's a small grow in a custom 3x2 grow room I built in an upstairs closet. I had planned to bring two plants to flower however one of them is getting so big I moved the runt to the upstairs half bathroom and have it under the T5 I used for seedling and early veg.

Started germination on 4/26, they popped on 5/1 and I'm going to go to 12/12 this Sunday, 6/27. Here's a couple of pics of the big one. It's in a 5 gallon fabric pot and a tad over 12" tall. I did mainline it so it has 8 main tops. It has a tiny bit of light stress and I'm still getting use to the LED. I have it all the way up and I cut the power back to 55%. I initially thought 100% would be okay since it's between 5 & 6 feet from the floor but it's too intense. I've gone from 100% to 75% then 65% and now 55%. I'm thinking when it gets near the end of stretch I can start to slowly increase power. How does it look?

PXL_20210623_204114203.jpg

PXL_20210623_204129367.jpg
Great garden.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom