High Brix Kit 4 Strains QB 288 & 132s With EOD & Emerson Lights In A 6x4 Sealed Room

I have a door that fits and seals with padding, 2 zipper doors and I’m thinking of adding a Velcro flap. A/c will need to be independent to the room. Same as CO2 and humidity. Since veg and flower are different. Especially if your going to build quantum boards. If you’ll start with just one room. Im pretty sure the Portable a/c won’t cut it. Leak smell and are inefficient. I’d get a Cheapo 5000btu for each room. I have been looking at your build. How big do you plan on the rooms being?
Ha I didn’t even think of the humidity difference. I could cook the “chill” area (it’s the outside of the grow rooms but still in the shed) and then pull into the rooms what I needed for now. I’ll will definitely be getting mini spilts for both sides eventually. Shed is 12/16. Flower room is 8/9 and veg is 5/6. Have a nice clone/seedling area as well. Any recommendations on what cheapo one I should get? What size btus should I be looking at when I get a decent one for the flower room?
Definitely like what I see in the kit for quality. I would rather quality all day since I’m only growing for myself. Plus cost of upkeep for the hydro units is a lot more.

I have a door that fits and seals with padding, 2 zipper doors and I’m thinking of adding a Velcro flap. A/c will need to be independent to the room. Same as CO2 and humidity. Since veg and flower are different. Especially if your going to build quantum boards. If you’ll start with just one room. Im pretty sure the Portable a/c won’t cut it. Leak smell and are inefficient. I’d get a Cheapo 5000btu for each room. I have been looking at your build. How big do you plan on the rooms being?
I like the door sealing u are doing. That is one of the last things I have left at this point. Definitely going to take a chapter out of ur setup for that.

For window units you’d need 2 of the 5000btu. It’s the small one at Walmart. I’ve even seen them at pawnshops for $50. For 2 brand new bought in April would be $300. Cheaper in July or sept. Mini splits you’d want a double unit. 2 units inside one outside. 9,000btu is the smallest $1500ish . I use a window unit and don’t seem to leak CO2 or odor. For me I’d do window units to save.
Ha I didn’t even think of the humidity difference. I could cook the “chill” area (it’s the outside of the grow rooms but still in the shed) and then pull into the rooms what I needed for now. I’ll will definitely be getting mini spilts for both sides eventually. Shed is 12/16. Flower room is 8/9 and veg is 5/6. Have a nice clone/seedling area as well. Any recommendations on what cheapo one I should get? What size btus should I be looking at when I get a decent one for the flower room?
Definitely like what I see in the kit for quality. I would rather quality all day since I’m only growing for myself. Plus cost of upkeep for the hydro units is a lot more.

Attachments

• E71E74C3-BC18-45FB-9A43-AF73CEF2FC4F.jpeg
    E71E74C3-BC18-45FB-9A43-AF73CEF2FC4F.jpeg
    643.5 KB · Views: 87
Genetics matters to a point but If I grow my plant for 10-12weeks of veg and 10-12 for flower and you do 6 weeks veg 8 weeks flower apples to apples I’d grow more bud.
This is true for the most part. I had an OGKB leaning Larry Bird Breath that you could have vegged for a year and I still could have out produced it with 12 weeks of veg on the Orangeade B pheno. If it is in the genetics to yield poorly that strain will always produce less than a heavy yielding strain that is vegged and flowered for a similar period of time.

Docbuds kit users, what water filter do you use? I bought a $250 3 stage that removes flouride, chloroamine, chlorine, etc. pos is clogged no where near 12,000 gal. All I wanted was one grow
And I’d buy new filters. I’ve seen water hose ones
That remove 99% of chlorine
Chloroamine, but not
Flouride. Advice and recommendations please!

Just saw this. I agree different seeds. This is sameness seeds. Both super skunk. One vegged longer than the other.
This is true for the most part. I had an OGKB leaning Larry Bird Breath that you could have vegged for a year and I still could have out produced it with 12 weeks of veg on the Orangeade B pheno. If it is in the genetics to yield poorly that strain will always produce less than a heavy yielding strain that is vegged and flowered for a similar period of time.

An inline hose filter is fine unless your water is high ppm. Do you know how hard it is? If it's high ppm, like 80 or more, you can get a cheap 4 stage RO setup.

Rainwater off the roof? I thought of that but Does the roof affect that? I live in a rainy area I could do that.
High Botany, I cant help you out with the filter question, sorry, I am lucky enough to have rain water. There has been some chat about them in the Q&A tho so maybe search in there and you might find your answers :)

By cheap it usually means wasteful. I don’t like the brackish water to del with. That why I thought 3 stage. But while my 3 stage is being checked I need something.
An inline hose filter is fine unless your water is high ppm. Do you know how hard it is? If it's high ppm, like 80 or more, you can get a cheap 4 stage RO setup.

Flip this week. New humidifier here tomorrow. Found some really nice ones for when I get a bigger room. But for now 3 large room ones should work. Upped the watering to 3.5 each. 1up 2on the bottom. They’re beat up but ready to flip. Huge bushy sobs. Love this hobby. I put in my notes to change humidity settings week 7. They’ll change again twice in flower. Vpd not optimized. Humidity is my enemy. It hates me. Can’t get enough. Lol. I also put in my notes to water more week 7. I’m definitely letting them get too dry. I could water more often but I really like twice a week. I can see why it’s not a huge kit. This timeframe I’m adding and all the light is changing the needs. Glad I got a bulk kit. So kids for those reading this buy the bulk kit. Follow the directions that’s 4 grows. I used 10gal not 7. Up potted early. Wasted lots of time chasing humidity. So it will be 2-3 for me. Next time I’m starting in 5gal pots. And maxing humidity from the get go. Vpd like crazy. See if I can gat huge plants faster. My favorite grow is always my next one. Lol.

Attachments

• 9824AF36-3AC9-464E-A41D-7D03187FC35E.jpeg
    9824AF36-3AC9-464E-A41D-7D03187FC35E.jpeg
    892.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 1AA07CAD-A507-45D6-9787-4509438EF279.jpeg
    1AA07CAD-A507-45D6-9787-4509438EF279.jpeg
    853.9 KB · Views: 88
  • A71E5A8D-7D45-4932-8B65-24564C26831E.jpeg
    A71E5A8D-7D45-4932-8B65-24564C26831E.jpeg
    677.1 KB · Views: 80
  • FFB21E5B-7159-42FA-91C1-8DED9EC7C5BA.jpeg
    FFB21E5B-7159-42FA-91C1-8DED9EC7C5BA.jpeg
    687.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 4A49A758-4555-4B5F-86DE-0EB29C96947E.jpeg
    4A49A758-4555-4B5F-86DE-0EB29C96947E.jpeg
    980.4 KB · Views: 81
New plan. Found fogger parts. Going to get a couple of the 6 pack(six different foggers in one rectangle. Put it at the bottom of a bucket or Rubbermaid container. I’ll have to get a valve to fill
It with but that’ll be cheaper to make than buying a big one. I guarantee that’s all the big ones are.

Back
Top Bottom