Horizontal Scrog Part 1-Grow 2-Jarhed's Unknown Clones

And yes unannounced landlord visits are a huge pet peeve I agree

:peace:

Thats why ya need a landlord like me bro. I only go there if shit breaks lol. Plus if someone was just mellowly growing some weed I would be like w/e. If they were growing hydro I would probably tell them I need a bigger deposit incase water leaks. But as long as they cool and arnt turning my places into drug dens I would be cool.

Well landlord visits have ceased which means I can get back to my operation, plants have been in flower for 1 day now, and yesterday I broke out the metal halide for the first two weeks of flowering, as to stop the plants from stretching too much. I'm gonna get some buds started so when I make the move to my new place they can go right under the HPS(S) and hopefully the extent of their stretch will be deflected by the metal halides. I will post pics when I get home, going out for the day to run some errands. I'm not particularly impressed with the plants progress, it probly has a lot to do with me stressing it out by bending the hell out of it, but oh well. These are just keeping me busy until my new strains arrive. How long does herbies usually take? I'm way the hell in Canada so might take a couple days longer but we've had some quite cold moist mornings, hope the seeds don't pop in transit

the time has arrived, today is a good day! So i went to the states today, found a hydro shop and picked up a few goodies some sunshine mix #4, seed starter by fox farm, 12 starter pots, a humidome and some panda liner whatever its called
IMG_20120917_163435.jpg
and when i came home i found these in my mail box
IMG_20120917_121657.jpg
and in with my mail i found a delivery notice from Canada post saying my package has arrived, so i went and picked it up, it was my 2nd set of 400 watt MH/HPS combo. germinating seeds as we speak, ive always used the wet paper towel in a baggy method, anyone have any better suggestions for sprouting these little fockers? ive seen the cup of water, but since im sprouting multiple strains its not practical to have like 7 different glasses of water

Paper towel in a baggie is good i also put in glasses with water..just write on the glasses with a magic marker..this time i put seeds in glasses over night..got an auto in a pot...some seeds in rockwool..all under a dome...2nd day...nothing popped yet...been too cool...should have used a heating pad...nice supply of goodies you got...i need some lights besides these warehouse MHs and CFLs...guess i'll check out ebay...i got a extra bed-rm to grow in..i' m not going to use the whole rm...i'm going to set up panels to contain the light...so'''are you going to grow horz till harvest..?? i did once...a funny looking plant..instead of a top cola..by being horz the buds didn't merge they all grew vertical..i do believe it increased the yield..and it was a Jock..you got all those lights...you ain't going to like that light bill...:thumb:ok...have fun...stay focus...

Paper towel in a baggie is good i also put in glasses with water..just write on the glasses with a magic marker..this time i put seeds in glasses over night..got an auto in a pot...some seeds in rockwool..all under a dome...2nd day...nothing popped yet...been too cool...should have used a heating pad...nice supply of goodies you got...i need some lights besides these warehouse MHs and CFLs...guess i'll check out ebay...i got a extra bed-rm to grow in..i' m not going to use the whole rm...i'm going to set up panels to contain the light...so'''are you going to grow horz till harvest..?? i did once...a funny looking plant..instead of a top cola..by being horz the buds didn't merge they all grew vertical..i do believe it increased the yield..and it was a Jock..you got all those lights...you ain't going to like that light bill...:thumb:ok...have fun...stay focus...
Thanks for the advice miwa, + reps.....yea I got all my germinating seeds sitting on a heat pad hoping that helps with the process. I got my lights off e bay, 175 bucks a pop for MH/HPS combo, comes with both bulbs too, good deal in my opinion! You should definitely invest in some lights, your spending valuable time growing, might as well try to maximize yield with a nice set of lights. Honestly the horizontal plant is a pain in my ass lol seemed like a good idea at the time, in theory it all made sense. The plant is still horizontal but I removed the LST so it will probly make its way back to vertical but I can guarantee with an 80% certainty that my yield compared to my last plant will be doubled. I've exposed dozens of branches that would otherwise produce pop corns and gave them a chance to become tops. I'm basically going to flower this plant out and focus on my new strains. Here's some pics
IMG_20120917_192849.jpg
IMG_20120916_222716.jpg
IMG_20120917_192834.jpg
IMG_20120916_222724.jpg
IMG_20120917_192902.jpg
IMG_20120917_192844.jpg
IMG_20120917_192909.jpg
and my seeds on heating pad
IMG_20120917_192651.jpg
lmao ya I'm sure the light bill won't be pretty but it will all pay off when I'm harvesting pounds of high quality smoke, I'm looking at getting two 4 foot light tracks, and having two separate flower rooms, so I can run my lights 24/7, 12/12 in each room will double my yield and utilize my space, think I'm going to have 3 separate grow areas, 2 flower rooms and a clone room and I will have my mother plant vegging in my tent. I think best option for the new space is a SOG setup, makes the most sense considering I have limited head room. I think having a light track will help me grow more plants with only one light. I would like to do around 30 clones per room, I'm considering using a table to make watering easier, I can just flood the table when I need to water. Anyways, how's your plants doing? I'm gonna go check out your journal actually..

After spending a couple hours yesterday lolly popping, i felt guilty to throw away so many "potential" clones, so i decided to do a video on cloning. This could be useful for anybody wondering how I make clones, and might be interested in trying this method. I was completely stoned in this video, and not until I watched it did I realize how many times i say potential. I think i just like that word cuz it has "pot" in it. But its also a video of my grow room setup which is equally as interesting, sorry in advance for the sideways video, i really do need to invest in a video camera but for now all i have is my phone. Enjoy, I hope you guys learn something :)

told you id be over, i never even seen this journal before, sorry mate, thats how far behind i am, but im getting caught up,

ive only read the 1st page and like what i see, the only thing i would add is to try and get as much light into the plants as possible, pull any leaves that are blocking other leaves, if a leaf is blocking the light getting to leaves below it then your better off removing that 1 leaf so that several more can get the light.

them plants are growing quick as well, i cant wait to see how this ends up, subds mate, bit late but im here now

Looks great. Your horizontal idea makes a lot of sense, but it'd definitely be a pain. Just do it for a few days at a time, and it'll definitely help get the lower branches growing.

Your grow is going so fast, these plants are like double the size of mine! When did you start these plants?

Looks great. Your horizontal idea makes a lot of sense, but it'd definitely be a pain. Just do it for a few days at a time, and it'll definitely help get the lower branches growing.

Your grow is going so fast, these plants are like double the size of mine! When did you start these plants?
Not sure of the exact date these were started, these were clones from my last grow and they vegged for about 2-3 weeks and are about 6 days into flower now. They grew very quickly in the horizontal position, these plants are only about 3 feet tall in their horizontal state, but all the former undergrowth I exposed from my extreme lst have grown out into main bud bearing branches also about 3 feet tall, so I've basically created a 6 foot plant. 3 foot horizontally and 3 foot vertically. I'd say I have over a hundred bud sites on each plant now. I gave the girls quite the haircut yesterday removing roughly 30% of my leaves to give the bud sites that much more of an edge to be main producers. They show zero signs of stress today and are loving the trim. Here's some post haircut photos
IMG_20120922_194225.jpg
IMG_20120922_194240.jpg
IMG_20120922_194335.jpg
IMG_20120922_194349.jpg
IMG_20120922_194402.jpg
IMG_20120922_194424.jpg
IMG_20120922_194435.jpg
IMG_20120922_194443.jpg

Also when I was out yesterday doing ungrow related errands I think I seen your car
IMG_20120922_152447.jpg
IMG_20120922_152455.jpg
LMAO I don't know why but I just felt like this was totally up your alley
On an unrelated note I'm very excited to announce that my next grow (seeds I'm currently germinating) will be done air pot style! I picked these bad boys up yesterday for $10 a piece. I've read about these but never seen them, they are beautiful pieces of modern technology though
IMG_20120922_202022.jpg
IMG_20120922_202052.jpg

told you id be over, i never even seen this journal before, sorry mate, thats how far behind i am, but im getting caught up,

ive only read the 1st page and like what i see, the only thing i would add is to try and get as much light into the plants as possible, pull any leaves that are blocking other leaves, if a leaf is blocking the light getting to leaves below it then your better off removing that 1 leaf so that several more can get the light.

them plants are growing quick as well, i cant wait to see how this ends up, subds mate, bit late but im here now

hey DP thanks for checking out my progress, i have done quite a bit of defoliation on these plants since the beginning, the fact that the plant is growing sideways, there was a fair amount of blocked bud sites, so i did a good leaf removal day before yesterday, pics to show results, and plants are happy, i love how all the new growth is lighter than the rest, gives you a better idea of just how many bud sites there is going to be, im hoping with any luck to get a pound between these two plants. I'm going to go as heavy as possible on the nutes, these two strains seems to handle nutes very well, so im going to test the limits.

Also I have a perfect question for you, so i began germinating my seeds from herbies, i put them between the wet paper towel, about 5 out of 6 have popped, so i put them in soil, and they havent seemed to do much, they have little tiny tap roots just breaking through the shell but thats about as far as theyve progressed in about 4 days, is this normal? how long does it typically take for these things to break soil? I used seeds last grow and just plopped them in the pot and they grew, took about two weeks to see a sprout, did i just answer my own question? im just asking you because i know you have plenty of experience with sprouting seeds, i just dont want to do something to fuck these seeds up, they were quite pricey. how moist should i be keeping the soil? i know if you keep it too wet you can spoil the seeds, but if its too dry wont the taproot dry out? whats good for a middle ground?

Morning Grogreen, Thought I would stop by and take a look at your grow. Very nice girls and your lsting is working great. Not sure on your new babies but if it was me I would make sure there was soil all the way around the root and gently make sure the soil has contact with the root and around a 1/2" deep. That way moisture and nutes can be transferred. I'm a clone guy so I'm only drawing on past experience on different plants.

The 'potential' is amazing, glad it's working for you
(couldn't view vid 'private')

about 5 out of 6 have popped, so i put them in soil, and they havent seemed to do much, they have little tiny tap roots just breaking through the shell but thats about as far as theyve progressed in about 4 days,

Pop a humidity dome over till they break the surface!

:goodluck:

I appreciate you stopping by beemer, I'm just getting so frustrated with these seeds, in the paper towel they popped within 24 hrs so I planted them, and about 3 days later I removed the soil covering them to see nothing had happened, so I removed all the seeds and soaked them in water over night thinking this would give them a jump start. Well I began to read and learned not too keep them submerged too long or you could spoil them, so I took them out of the water and planted them again in moist soil, this time I put them into a humidome with a heating pad under it. Hope something happens, Im anxious for these babies to grow!! Its been so long since I sprouted my last seeds I forgot what I did, these plants I'm growing now are also clones and I think from now on I'm going to only work with clones but first I need these damn seeds to sprout so I can take clones

The 'potential' is amazing, glad it's working for you
(couldn't view vid 'private')

Pop a humidity dome over till they break the surface!

:goodluck:
The video of my cloning? Hmm I wonder how you make it not private? I'm new to youtube so not sure how to change settings etc. That's a bummer that was a good video........anyways thanks for the advice on my seeds, like I mentioned above I have put them under the dome with a heat pad under them, hope this works! Thanks for your help +reps

I appreciate you stopping by beemer, I'm just getting so frustrated with these seeds, in the paper towel they popped within 24 hrs so I planted them, and about 3 days later I removed the soil covering them to see nothing had happened, so I removed all the seeds and soaked them in water over night thinking this would give them a jump start. Well I began to read and learned not too keep them submerged too long or you could spoil them, so I took them out of the water and planted them again in moist soil, this time I put them into a humidome with a heating pad under it. Hope something happens, Im anxious for these babies to grow!! Its been so long since I sprouted my last seeds I forgot what I did, these plants I'm growing now are also clones and I think from now on I'm going to only work with clones but first I need these damn seeds to sprout so I can take clones

I like the heating pad idea. Never tried it but the research suggests positive results. I guess I was lucky with germinating. Soaked 4 seeds in separate coffee mugs covered them and had success within 24 hours. Planted them half inch or so down in soil and all four were up within a few days.

Heya Jarhed just popping in everything is looking :yummy: I germinate right in the soil no soaking or anything, then use a heating pad and dome until the first one breaks soil, I had a fantastic first round on germination the entire procedure I used is detailed in my thread I had ~89% success with 32 seeds. You should give it a look if interested reduces handling of a fragile taproot and seedling. :high-five:

:peace:

Edit: In fact my method utilizes both soaking and straight in soil method but combined.

Back
Top Bottom