Horizontal Scrog Part 1-Grow 2-Jarhed's Unknown Clones

Looking amazing gg; loving the defoliation. Can't wait to see how they bud out
Wait no longer, here is my plants 2 weeks of flower. This is my flower room, my jock and space queen, and numerous clones I've taken from these two during veg, gonna flower those out too, and make room for my 4 sprouts and I'm also going to start my next set of seeds for a perpetual grow. Next seed line up white rhino x 2, white widow x 2, and thc bomb x 2 :)

Flower room :
IMG_20121002_215236.jpg
IMG_20121002_215247.jpg
IMG_20121002_215250.jpg
IMG_20121002_215255.jpg
IMG_20121002_215308.jpg

Veg tent:
IMG_20121002_215338.jpg

I started to remove fan leaves yesterday and today on the ladies outside but looking at yours I think I will remove more. After i work on them tomorrow i will take some pictures. Yours girls are looking really nice and healthy. I was really cold this morning, 34 degrees F, so I enclosed the cold frame for the one that is planted. The days aren't getting very warm anymore.

Ya I didn't even think about putting something over the heat mat, what an expensive brain fart that was. I dug the seeds out and the taproots turned to mush. :rip: to ice kush, thc bomb, Himalaya gold, royal queen fruit spirit, white widow, and white rhino. The only seed I don't have multiples of was the ice kush, so I'm pretty bummed about that one in particular. But oh well you live and learn. Now I germed and planted 4 of my free seeds. 2 x Royal queen fruit spirit and 2 x royal queen critical. They are sprouted and doing great :thumb:

Just got those freebies as well! Gonna watch ya man!!

I started to remove fan leaves yesterday and today on the ladies outside but looking at yours I think I will remove more. After i work on them tomorrow i will take some pictures. Yours girls are looking really nice and healthy. I was really cold this morning, 34 degrees F, so I enclosed the cold frame for the one that is planted. The days aren't getting very warm anymore.

Hey beemer, how goes it my friend? Glad to get another person on the defoliation train, my suggestion for you though is do all your defoliating in one go, that way you only stress once and keep the stress to a minimum. From what I read that's the way to do it, doesn't really give a time frame when or how often you should do it, but it does state to remove leaves that block bud sites and all leaves older than two weeks. I've been following these instructions and so far so good :thumb: Google and refer to "keef treez defoliation tutorial" for more detailed defoliation techniques, good luck!
I'm still convinced that by removing the leaves, the buds take on the responsibility of the leaves, I've proved it with my last grow. Although last grow I did not do any total defoliation but I did about 3 serious leaf removals. Proof is in the harvest, so we will see in 4 weeks or so......

Just got those freebies as well! Gonna watch ya man!!
Hey bro, hows it growing? Freebies are sweet! Not too sure about the particulars of these strains, like yield, thc, hell, I don't even know if they're sativa or indica, but the anticipation is what makes growing exciting. Was considering growing one of these plants out strictly for clones to do a SOG grow. I'm building another grow space in my crawl space, would be perfect for shorter SOG style plants. So I'll have a grow closet where I'll grow full grown plants, and a huge space for SOG. This is going to get interesting..... :thumb:

So I began construction of my new grow space.....come check it out..
IMG_20121004_193844.jpg
IMG_20121004_193853.jpg
IMG_20121003_214929.jpg
IMG_20121004_193904.jpg
IMG_20121004_193919.jpg

And my girls are looking B-E-A-UTIFUL! Can't believe they already have developed trich's at week 2, I've never seen such explosive growth, the defoliations are definitely boosting bud production, there's buds evvvvverywhere, here see for yourself
IMG_20121004_194436.jpg
IMG_20121004_194514.jpg
IMG_20121004_194418.jpg
IMG_20121004_194517.jpg
IMG_20121004_194402.jpg
IMG_20121004_194355.jpg
IMG_20121004_194406.jpg
IMG_20121004_194500.jpg
IMG_20121004_194504.jpg
IMG_20121004_194450.jpg

6 Clones are also in flower room, and vegging are royal queen: fruit spirit x2, critical x2
And seeds i started tonight....10 x sleestack x skunk regulars
IMG_20121005_002731.jpg

Wow now that is a grow space. Not to sure my old bod would be able to do it anymore but it is a lot of space and you should be able to control the temps really good. Are you going to put reflexive materiel on the walls to get better light distribution? With that big of space the light tends to get absorbed into the dark. The girls are looking very nice and the buds and I mean a lot of buds, are looking really nice also. Took a lot of leaves off mine but I'm having a hard time removing like you did. They are such pretty ladies and to defoliate them completely, well i just can't. heehee The buds are getting really big so I will take what i get. Keep up the good work grogreen.

Hey guys, ive been busy lately, but did another big defoliation last night, pictures will be up later......these plants are thriving, and buds are swelling, for being only 2 weeks in flower these things are packing on weight. Thanks to green knight for the read on keef treez I'm almost positive my plants are gonna look the same way his did. My only mistake was I lollipopped in the early stages. But let's guesstimate how much I will harvest for shits and giggles. My guess is 4 oz. dry per plant. That's high hopes though, what do you guys think?

looking great, cant wait for more pics, i am interested in this grow method of removing the leaves, ive been getting info and reading what i can, now ive been reading and been told that its best to start defo in veg so the plant is ready for it in flower, then its best to only defo twice in flower, around day 21 and day 45 if i remember right, as of now i only remove leaves blocking bud sites or other leaves, but what i do is use pipe cleaners and pull the branches open so all the little bud sites are getting maximum light, at first it slowed growth and removing the leaves slowed growth, but after 2 days the plant is growing like crazy, the small buds are now getting big due to the light their getting and the plant looks a whole lot healthier, normally the fan leaves would be sticking out to the side, but after removing some the rest starting pointing towards the light,
i want to try the defo method properly so will be doing it a lot earlier with my next round of plants, i keep hearing different info about if its good or not, but from the results ive seen its pretty obvious it can help things loads, so i will be giving it a proper try next time round, before i harvested my last auto i removed all the leaves and after a few days the main bud started getting really fat, it was pretty skinny before removing the leaves but after removing them it grew like crazy, not taller but it got a whole lot fatter, so clearly their is something in this growing method, its just finding out when its best to do it and how often.

as for yield id have to admit your probably not far off, i might edge on the side of caution and guess slightly under, so id say 3 n 3/4oz per plant, its certainly will fatten up loads so it could easily go over the 4oz mark, im interested to see how this goes, gives me some idea on how to defo mine, i have not removed as much as you as i am a bit unsure about it due to not starting early enough, like you i also lolly popped a plant its the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese, i removed all the fan leaves and i mean all then all i left was the bud on the main stem, at first i thought i made a huge mistake, growth stopped and the buds stayed tiny, but when the plant recovered a couple of days later it soon changed my mind, the top bud i cant get my hand around and the other buds down the stem are getting huge as well, so it looks like it will be ok after all, plus 2 buds on the stem are making seeds so i can keep this strain around, the rest is pollen free and not making seeds, the seeded buds have lost all their pistils and i can clearly see the seeds, i put pollen on a lot earlier this time so the seeds should fall out the plant long before i harvest it.

looking great, cant wait for more pics, i am interested in this grow method of removing the leaves, ive been getting info and reading what i can, now ive been reading and been told that its best to start defo in veg so the plant is ready for it in flower, then its best to only defo twice in flower, around day 21 and day 45 if i remember right
Hey DP, I've been defoliating since early veg, and I've continued to do it every 4 or 5 days in flower, this is the whole purpose of my experiment. To prove that no matter when you defoliate your plant still grows, and produces more bud because EVERY bud site is exposed and receiving light

Here are some photos after another late night defoliation last night......
IMG_20121006_171057.jpg
IMG_20121006_171106.jpg
IMG_20121006_171214.jpg
IMG_20121006_171200.jpg

And a little more progress on my grow room, notice the pile of leaves sitting in front of the plant, that's how much I remove roughly every 5-7 days.
IMG_20121006_225749.jpg
IMG_20121006_225806.jpg
IMG_20121006_225819.jpg
IMG_20121006_225849.jpg
IMG_20121006_225834.jpg
IMG_20121006_171047.jpg

Remember DonP these plants have just reached 2 weeks of flower, the results speak for itself :thumb:

your girls are really starting to produce the buds. Just around the corner from Budville

Wow - you've got a lot of space to play with there gg; very jealous! You could do an absolute monster of a scrog!
Yep going to save the scrog for later on, I like what I got going on now, but definitely gonna do a huge scrog when I get these 22 plants out of the way, I saw an article about SOG think I might give it a go, we will see....so many options! Can't decide!

damn thats amazing for 2 weeks, i never started mine in veg as i always thought doing this would stunt growth and produce less buds, but i have been taking more leaves than usual to get as much light in as possible, and im amazed at how different it looks to the other plants, even removing a lot of leaves makes the plant look a whole lot better 2 days later, so its clearly not harming the plant, this has changed the way i think about growing, i tried something else as well thinking of your scrog, i have watched different plants flower since starting growing and every time the buds at the end of each branch are bigger than the buds further down the branch, so i thought if i lower the branch to run directly out making sure the end bud was slightly lower then the other buds, this then focused the plants growth on these other buds, these buds then started growing stems and growing up to the light, some of these went from a small bud on the branch buds with a 2 inch stem coming off them, i done this on one plant and it looks crazy, it looks like a sort of 3 story scrog, the bottom branches run directly out so this has buds growing up from it as if a net was over the branch if you know what i mean. then the same at the next node up, these buds are getting big so i hope this increases yield, it seems to be working well though so far.
plus i noticed that when the lights on the main cola is only getting light at the top of it, so i raised one edge of the pot and i could get light all down the cola, so now i turn the pot 1/4 turn a day and the bud is getting a lot fatter in a short space of time,

so it seems to work, im interested in seeing how this ends up, so far so good mate

Back
Top Bottom