Horizontal Scrog Part 1-Grow 2-Jarhed's Unknown Clones

Haha that's not my car! I'd have leaves on the tires if it were me lol, remember I'm a stoner, I don't stir shit up :p no rock star here, I just tend to my plants and play video games lol

But I love how your thinking of me while shopping, you know the way to my heart lol

Heya Jarhed just popping in everything is looking :yummy: I germinate right in the soil no soaking or anything, then use a heating pad and dome until the first one breaks soil, I had a fantastic first round on germination the entire procedure I used is detailed in my thread I had ~89% success with 32 seeds. You should give it a look if interested reduces handling of a fragile taproot and seedling. :high-five:

:peace:

Edit: In fact my method utilizes both soaking and straight in soil method but combined.
I did this my last grow actually, I should have just stuck with what I knew but decided to give a different method a try. Still nothing, I watered the soil again a little while ago as it seemed kind of dry. I still have seeds but it pisses me off that they're not doing anything, and I only ordered/planted 1 ice kush seed, and planted the only royal queen fruit spirit seed I received, so I'm rooting for these two of all the rest.

Anyways here's an update of my beauties now 1 week 2 days into flower, coming along nice, in addition to the 400 MH I added a 400 HPS today, plants are loving the strong nute feedings, fed them today, my water container is a 1.5 litre water bottle, I fill with water and to that I've added 10 mls of sensi A+B, 6 mls of liquid gold, 5 mls floranectar, and half a tsp of grotek monster bloom. I've been foliar feeding them with the liquid gold and floranectar as well. Not one sign of stress from defoliation, everything's looking green and healthy!
IMG_20120926_201202.jpg
IMG_20120926_201214.jpg
IMG_20120926_201229.jpg
IMG_20120926_201236.jpg
IMG_20120926_201245.jpg
IMG_20120926_201253.jpg

yea I dont tend to run into too many problems, it makes my journal boring cuz I never have to ask for help (except with these stupid seeds) ive came to the conclusion that i may have fucked something up, and therefore have started new seeds. Second time's a charm! i was sort of impatient with my other ones, this time im going to take my time and do it right (with my free seeds :) ) plants are looking awesome, almost ready for another defoliation, plenty of flowers beginning to develop everywhere! I love when i see the beginnings of huge colas forming, makes me happy. Back up plan if seeds dont hatch, i have 9 clones ive been working on rooting, they all are looking decent, may have to resort to a quick clone harvest in between waiting for nice mother plants of the seeds im germing now.

Looking good gg!!

I'm feeling the seed thing - I planted my Berry Bomb two days ago after soaking for 24h and nothing's happened yet either. The auto was up after about 24/36 hours so I'm getting a bit impatient (and worried!)

Seeds aren't perfect but they are absolutely amazing when you think about it though - just a little capsule of DNA and some food that can be dormant for years and turn into a plant when the conditions are right. The fact that so many do germinate is incredible (it's probably about 80/90% I reckon) so I feel mean knocking the odd one that fails, as annoying as it is!

Looking good gg!!

I'm feeling the seed thing - I planted my Berry Bomb two days ago after soaking for 24h and nothing's happened yet either. The auto was up after about 24/36 hours so I'm getting a bit impatient (and worried!)

Seeds aren't perfect but they are absolutely amazing when you think about it though - just a little capsule of DNA and some food that can be dormant for years and turn into a plant when the conditions are right. The fact that so many do germinate is incredible (it's probably about 80/90% I reckon) so I feel mean knocking the odd one that fails, as annoying as it is!
Ya that's why I like to germ in the paper towels so then you can tell if its a dud or not, rather than planting it and waiting forever for nothing to happen, and you don't wanna give up on it "just in case its a late bloomer" lol. I think I determined why my seeds failed, human error! I found that the heat mat I purchased from the hydro store gets considerably warm and I think I may have cooked the little buggers. I should have put them in the plastic tray and set the tray on the mat, instead I just set them on the bare mat and when I picked them up they were quite hot to the touch. I've ditched the heat mat for now and have new seeds sitting in paper towels and a baggy in a cupboard in my furnace room. That's my best assumption, cuz all the other factors were spot on. Expensive lesson learned, now time to move on :) girls are flowering up nicely, I'm seeing intensive growth each day, my plants LOVE the heavy nute feedings and defoliation. My plants look and are growing like they are on steroids, seriously!
Im gonna start doing daily photos so you guys can see what I'm talking about.....they're about due for another defoliation, that will happen soon. Just gonna give the buds a chance to grow a bit bigger before I steal some of their leaves.

Haha that's not my car! I'd have leaves on the tires if it were me lol, remember I'm a stoner, I don't stir shit up :p no rock star here, I just tend to my plants and play video games lol

But I love how your thinking of me while shopping, you know the way to my heart lol

Lol she wins the Cannuck of the year award imho.

Lol she wins the Cannuck of the year award imho.

I shall be knighted Dame Canuck Gal the First, my superior marijuana healing skills has beat whoever discovered Maple Syrup!!

I shall be knighted Dame Canuck Gal the First, my superior marijuana healing skills has beat whoever discovered Maple Syrup!!

Mickey Mackeroy Maplestein won the Cannuck of the year award in 2011, so you are in the clear this year.

BTW someone complemented me earlier on my awesome Avatar :D

Damn just when i thought mine had a shitload of tops on it.. Good lookin grow!! Can't wait to see what they look like at the end... I'm in for sure... Come check me out when you got a sec..

Say, why do you trim the leaves? So the light penetrates deeper?
Thanks, just wondering...

It helps light penetrate deeper. And I'm also doing it to prove to the naysayers that the plants are not pussies like everyone thinks and can handle stress. A friend of mine on here referred me to Google "keef treez defoliation tutorial" check it out. He's proven that defoliation not only assists in bud production, but also quantity of buds. Its quite an interesting read and everything makes sense to me. I'm sold on the technique and doing an experiment for everyone who is too scared to try it on their own plants :) I did this on my last grow before I knew about this, and my last harvest was incredible for my first grow. Hoping this harvest will put my last one to shame, we will see, stay tuned I'm about 4-6 weeks from harvest

I put a towel over my heating pad..put the whole thing in a fish tank for humidity..pics in my J..some seeds take longer...but they will pop..open your dome for a couple minuites each day..air in/heat out///
Ya I didn't even think about putting something over the heat mat, what an expensive brain fart that was. I dug the seeds out and the taproots turned to mush. :rip: to ice kush, thc bomb, Himalaya gold, royal queen fruit spirit, white widow, and white rhino. The only seed I don't have multiples of was the ice kush, so I'm pretty bummed about that one in particular. But oh well you live and learn. Now I germed and planted 4 of my free seeds. 2 x Royal queen fruit spirit and 2 x royal queen critical. They are sprouted and doing great :thumb:

Damn just when i thought mine had a shitload of tops on it.. Good lookin grow!! Can't wait to see what they look like at the end... I'm in for sure... Come check me out when you got a sec..
Thanks for stopping by, I've been away from the computer a few days as I was moving. I will be sure to check out your journals as soon as I get settled in my new house, been busy, busy, busy! And ya I've got a shit load of tops, and all are super cropped branches so the buds should get tons of nutrient solution and get fat like giant cucumbers (I hope :) )

Back
Top Bottom