Horizontal Scrog Part 1-Grow 2-Jarhed's Unknown Clones

Wow now that is a grow space. Not to sure my old bod would be able to do it anymore but it is a lot of space and you should be able to control the temps really good. Are you going to put reflexive materiel on the walls to get better light distribution? With that big of space the light tends to get absorbed into the dark. The girls are looking very nice and the buds and I mean a lot of buds, are looking really nice also. Took a lot of leaves off mine but I'm having a hard time removing like you did. They are such pretty ladies and to defoliate them completely, well i just can't. heehee The buds are getting really big so I will take what i get. Keep up the good work grogreen.
Yes beemer believe me this space is not ideal as it takes some serious agility and youth lol to enter and exit the space but it works for me for now, its hard to even find the space so I feel comfortable about its stealth which is very important to me since I have a 4 year old and my wife who is expecting....who just found out were going to have a baby girl by the way( Capri Morgan )...its very important that this space remain unnoticed! As for the temps haven't had any problems since the space was wide open, but I've since put up my panda film to contain more of the light within my grow room, finished up tonight so we will see how and if the temps fluctuate with the more enclosed space.

And thanks for the kind comments, the buds are looking very frosty, almost 3 weeks flower now and about 3-4 to go, I'm liking how they are looking with all the defoliation it almost looks as if it has boosted trich development, and shifted all of the energy to the buds, can't wait to see these results! and if they carry on the way they are going I should be able to solidify the fact that plants can be defoliated, anywhere, anytime, without worry.

Cheers bro, and best of luck with your harvest! Grogr33n :thumb:

You are going to like that Jock..taking leaves off is a good thing......more energy for the buds...:goodjob::bravo:
Thanks for the info miwa, and I think your definitely right about that, I did a few defoliations last grow and loved what I saw!..... so with this grow, I really pushed these plants to the limits! I defoliated since a very early age, bent, super cropped, lollipopped, everything I could possibly do to stress them out, sounds dumb right? I know, but this whole grow has basically been one big experiment. i wanted to proove that these plants are not as fragile and dainty as people think, i wanted to test the limits and i believe i have. Every possible way to hermie a plant...i tried to do, i extreme lst'd the shit out of them, i did a several serious defoliations( at times these plants had no fan leaves, NONE),I topped them, i supercropped them, and ive been giving doses of nutes that are unheard of, and my plants have taken everything I've thrown at them and LOVED it. Almost as if they are laughing at me saying "is that all you got??!" I think I've more than showed the resilience and threshold for stress that these plants can take.

Anyways, so I've decided to try and re-veg the way you had explained to me with my 6 clones, I put them into flower and they started to develop buds and I removed them from the flower room and put them back under 24/0, will let you know how that pans out. I understand your logic behind it, and I'm certainly willing to give it a go! Thanks for stopping by..Grogr33n :thumb:

damn thats amazing for 2 weeks, i never started mine in veg as i always thought doing this would stunt growth and produce less buds, but i have been taking more leaves than usual to get as much light in as possible, and im amazed at how different it looks to the other plants, even removing a lot of leaves makes the plant look a whole lot better 2 days later, so its clearly not harming the plant, this has changed the way i think about growing, i tried something else as well thinking of your scrog, i have watched different plants flower since starting growing and every time the buds at the end of each branch are bigger than the buds further down the branch, so i thought if i lower the branch to run directly out making sure the end bud was slightly lower then the other buds, this then focused the plants growth on these other buds, these buds then started growing stems and growing up to the light, some of these went from a small bud on the branch buds with a 2 inch stem coming off them, i done this on one plant and it looks crazy, it looks like a sort of 3 story scrog, the bottom branches run directly out so this has buds growing up from it as if a net was over the branch if you know what i mean. then the same at the next node up, these buds are getting big so i hope this increases yield, it seems to be working well though so far.
plus i noticed that when the lights on the main cola is only getting light at the top of it, so i raised one edge of the pot and i could get light all down the cola, so now i turn the pot 1/4 turn a day and the bud is getting a lot fatter in a short space of time,

so it seems to work, im interested in seeing how this ends up, so far so good mate
You've got some great ideas DP that's why I'm so glad you follow my journal man. I get exactly what you mean about the 3 story scrog, by tying the tops lower than the bottoms, you in turn cause smaller usually useless buds into main branches, its brilliant, I've had this idea for some time now, just hadn't gotten around to trying it.

I know your a smart man DP and if the fact we have both defoliated quite a bit of our plants and they increase in vigor each time, its safe to assume that what were doing is working for us. There is no denying that, I've been trying to tell people this for so long, and everyone thought I was crazy....and now several people have tried it and loved it, maybe that's all it takes is someone give it a go. So +reps for doing that DP, I knew I wasn't crazy :)
I like the idea of placing something under the pot to tip it a bit, when my main buds get bigger and merge I will definitely give it a try, it makes tons of sense to me....especially since your buds have taken on the responsibility of the leaves, I feel like they will swell up quite nicely.....good job, keep the great ideas coming
PS- can't wait to see how your two headed plant turns out, you should call her Medusa (presuming its a she not a he :) ) quite suitable.....

So now that I'm all caught up, I did some more work on my grow room today, got most of the panda film up, looks much brighter in there now
IMG_20121009_180753.jpg
IMG_20121009_180802.jpg
IMG_20121009_181230.jpg

Yep...a lot of strainge things...i grew a Jock inside last winter...i couldn't take too many leaves off...the fan leaves next in size would gruw so fast ...i was taking off fan leaves every other day...and all these clones i got in the water...only 2 are in rockwool..the rest were grown in soil...they got tap roots...i found you can transfer from soil to water at any age...i got a 100% surv rate...rockwool drys out too fast...jiffy pellets work good...but i.m out...soil to water..they seem to grow faster too..try a couple...water =container=airstone=nutes...stay focus

And my veg tent is looking pretty full at the moment, I got 20 in here, 6 clones for re-veg, 10 sleestack X skunk reg, and RQ 2xcritical 2xpower flower fem

IMG_20121009_183832.jpg
IMG_20121009_183812.jpg

that is a full room. when you get them in your new grow room you will be able to spread them out and really let them do there thing. That is going to be so much fun. The new room is looking really good also and the light is reflecting great. fun times ahead

what are you going to do with the male sleestack...if you have one ???..

Possible breeding....I. would obviously move him to a remote location in the house, and out of 10 seeds I'm sure I will have at least one male, if not more. Possible crosses Sleestack x Skunk x : white widow, white rhino, THC bomb, Himalaya gold, RQPF, RQC, jock, space queen......oh the possibilities :)

@miwa, how much root mass did the water clones have before transplanting to soil, i tried and it wilted within an hour and died, i think a dome would of stopped this, so how old was you water clone and how long where the roots.

i planted 2 sleestack cross skunk, both regular seeds, both are growing and 1 is the twin or 2 stem plant, ill be growing it out and see what happens, i want to find out if i breed the twin is it likely to throw out other twins, it just depends how this one grows and if its weak i wont be crossing it, but im loving the way the 1st sleestack looks, the leaves look better than anything ive grown before, i need to read up on the strain as i dont know what it is, it was freebie from herbies

my plant just looks better and better each day since removing the leaves, so clearly their is some benefit here, i wont be using it on all my plants just yet ill wait till i harvest this and see how the weight adds up, then ill decide what way to go, but so far so good

So I found some info on the Sleestack x Skunk strain for all of you growing it too:
Sleestack X Skunk

Dna_Genetics_Sleestack_Skunk.jpg

DNA Genetics Sleestack x Skunk is 70% sativa, 30% Indica. The Sleestack x Skunk (SleeSkunk) is possibly one of the best hash producers in the world! It is tasty and very resinous. When grown, this strain turns out a good yield. She is fast flowering producing a very clear, up high, all day medication that is not too body. The room smell is amazing as you smoke her. She treats depression, anxiety and also relieves tension. She is great tasting — particularly, lemony with a funk. She grows in the classic xmas tree shape. Her cannabis seeds flower in 8-9 weeks.

Sex: Regular
Type: Indica & Sativa (Mostly Sativa)
Flowering: Photoperiod
Height: Medium
Area: Indoor & Outdoor
Genetics: Sleestack x Skunk

:) sounds awesome! Can't wait to grow these out!

Now that sound like a great med to make Hash capsules out of for day time meds. I will have to see about getting some seeds.

Also a freebie from herbies, I currently have two going
Royal Queen Power Flower
Royal-Queen-Seeds-Power-Flower_1.jpg

Royal Queen Seeds Power Flower is a rare cannabis strain representing the best from Royal Queen Seeds. Power Flower is a stable indica/sativa hybrid. She has been well known for her incredibly powerful effect combined with smooth, very easy on the throat and quite more-rich taste. THC content is as high as 15%. The grow potentials of our seed are enormous. Unlike some other cannabis plants, Power Flower never shows any signs of distress. She is a very forgiving plant, ideal for scrogs and beginners. Our regular customers advise to use the plan of daily watering and every three days feeding. Watering and feeding should stop two weeks before the harvest. The seeds of this marijuana strain produce quite large (100-120 cm) and strong plants performing as well indoors as outdoor. They look beautiful during flowering with the white trichs against the dark green leaves. Once Power Flower stops stretching she needs no attention. The flowering period is pretty short, just 8-9 weeks, after which appealing light-green buds with fairly-dense start developing. They glisten with trichs and require very little manicuring. This marijuana variety is a really great yielder; you can get up to 500 gr. of dried product per plant. Harvest month when grown outside is October. The Power Flower has a strong high effect and sometimes is called a weekend knock down. It can glue you to your couch with a smile from ear to ear. It might also hold down your next day jobs. The most potent smoke you've ever enjoyed.

Sex: Feminized
Type: Indica & Sativa
Height: Medium to Tall
Genetics: South African Sativa x Indica (12%)

I'm starting to get excited :slide:

One of my other strains, currently have two of these going too:
Royal Queen Critical
IMG_20121010_215759.jpg

Royal Queen Seeds Critical is another unique marijuana strain from Royal Queen Seeds industry. She is a renowned version of a Big Bud which has been crossed with an old good Skunk. The success has been appreciated - Critical won the 1st High Life Cup in Barcelona. The most interesting features of this cannabis are the intense aroma and taste that she produces; the smell is fruity skunk, but much stronger which could pose a real problem particularly indoors where the use of carbon filters is a must until she is totally dry and packaged. Critical marijuana feminized cannabis seeds grow like a sativa and their plants look a sativa with slim, narrow leaves, not too dark, long and quite thin stems for the size of their flowers. She has a lot of side branching with a short internodal distance which improves production. It is advisable to control her height before flowering, due to her tendency to grow rapidly during this period. During the flowering period, she shows all its potential, when what looks like a sativa becomes a super-producer that outstrips all other cannabis. The flower development is realty fast, Critical is ready to harvest in 45-50 days with 12 hours of light indoors. She is also a great outdoor producer, flowering fast and ripening completely by the 4th week of September. Due to her heavy flower construction, Royal Queen's Critical can be susceptible to mould if the growing area is too humid, but, being a fast flowering plant, can be harvested without significant loses, 650-750 gr. per m2. Being a great yielder, Critical has become one of the heaviest marijuana for commercial and personal use. She has high resin production and very high strength effect, which a combined physical and mental effect. When smoked, even mixed with tobacco, the original taste comes through and it does not taste like burnt grass. It is really intense from start to finish and a real pleasure to smoke, leaving a great aftertaste. Perfect cannabis for those who are looking for high yield and a high stone

Sex: Feminized
Type: Sativa
Height: Medium
Genetics: Afghani x Skunk

Now that's a bat cave to be proud of!! Love it! You should get a mechanics creeper to roll around!
Those Colered fishing beads came with the order. They were used as packing material! Good thing I fish!!
Ya lol funny you mention the creeper, that was the first thing I thought about! Is how I'm gonna get around down there? Right now I just crawl in and out, but when I get some cash definitely investing in a creeper :)

Back
Top Bottom