Horizontal Scrog Part 1-Grow 2-Jarhed's Unknown Clones

so I posted these pics on Beemerbill's journal but figured I should also probly post them on my own journal aswell. So here's some before and afters of my latest defoliation/stripping :)
Jock Horror BEFORE
IMG_20121012_203309.jpg

IMG_20121012_203251.jpg

JH AFTER
IMG_20121013_165409.jpg

IMG_20121013_165417.jpg

Space Queen BEFORE
IMG_20121012_203122.jpg
IMG_20121012_203133.jpg

SQ AFTER
IMG_20121013_180609.jpg
IMG_20121013_180623.jpg

AMOUNT OF LEAVES REMOVED
IMG_20121013_180615.jpg

This will probably be my last defoliation before harvest, we will see. They're looking really good :) im pleased with the results!
Another 4-5 weeks on these girls and they already look bigger than some people's plants at harvest, im astounded, and as you can see from the pics, i've virtually eliminated all popcorn bud sites by removing leaves and getting lower buds access to the same light penetration that the tops get. I feel like my buds are going to be full branches of bud.
I think for the rest of the grow I will post pics only once a week so we can see true bud growth, ill just pass time on the site checking out other grows and offering as much info/advice as I can to all you hard working growing folk that could use my help. I try to visit as many journals as possible, even just to offer encouragement and say good job! My wife thinks im on the site too often, she even goes as far as calling me "addicted" :rofl: all in a days work, happy growing everyone, and may your buds be large and harvests be plentiful .......Grogr33n :thumb:

looks great, i have also stripped 2 of my plants, ive got 4 big plants growing and all 4 are from clones, 2 are afgan skunk and 2 are special kush i think, if not their nl x bb but ill be able to tell as it gets close to harvest, now all 4 plants are roughly the same size, so i stripped one of each strain to see how it goes, even after 24 hours the buds look bigger, ive removed any leaves that have a stem longer than 1.5 inches, ill continue to remove any leaves that get long stems on these 2 plants, then at harvest i can compare the yields, i was told that removing a lot of leaves will produce leafy bud, but i need to try and see the difference for myself, but so far so good, the plants look great and respond well to having their leaves removed

Looking incredible gg; the jock horror looks fantastic, and if those colas continue to fill out on the space queen you're going to have some big ass buds! Nice work; the defoliation looks like its definitely working

and just to say that I am here and it looks like a beautifull grow!
granted I have missed most but soon you will have more and I will be there too.
Ilooked and dog goneit I'am subbed to 124 journals so maybe I will have to go and see who's not even here anymore:)

Looking incredible gg; the jock horror looks fantastic, and if those colas continue to fill out on the space queen you're going to have some big ass buds! Nice work; the defoliation looks like its definitely working

The space queen is sativa dominant, so she's more of a late bloomer, soon her branches will be one big round bud once all of the buds merge she's super pretty to look at, caked in trich's. She will need 2-3 more weeks than the jock, but oh so worth the wait. For being a $13 dollar seed she sure doesn't disappoint :)

looks great, i have also stripped 2 of my plants, ive got 4 big plants growing and all 4 are from clones, 2 are afgan skunk and 2 are special kush i think, if not their nl x bb but ill be able to tell as it gets close to harvest, now all 4 plants are roughly the same size, so i stripped one of each strain to see how it goes, even after 24 hours the buds look bigger, ive removed any leaves that have a stem longer than 1.5 inches, ill continue to remove any leaves that get long stems on these 2 plants, then at harvest i can compare the yields, i was told that removing a lot of leaves will produce leafy bud, but i need to try and see the difference for myself, but so far so good, the plants look great and respond well to having their leaves removed

Sounds awesome DP, I hope you have great results like I have. Im curious to see side by side plants as I havent tried this yet, Maybe ill try with sleestack since i have 10 of them all started at the same time. I havent came across any leafy bud from my last grow or this one, i think someone is blowing smoke up your ass DP. This is my second grow with the same strain, so unless my strains are more tolerable than other strains for defoliation, which im sure there is some sensitive strains out there, I havent had any issues in two grows with leafed out shaky buds, for the most part they're chunky, fluffy, and same amount of leaf as a typical bud would have. :thumb:

the problem was i removed leaves on a lolly popped plant and it did make all the bud leaves grow bigger so trimming was a pain in the ass, but maybe it was just the strain, only time will tell i guess, but so far so good,

The space queen is sativa dominant, so she's more of a late bloomer, soon her branches will be one big round bud once all of the buds merge she's super pretty to look at, caked in trich's. She will need 2-3 more weeks than the jock, but oh so worth the wait. For being a $13 dollar seed she sure doesn't disappoint :)

oh yeah the sativas!
I just bought the mostest bestest exspensivest seed that I ever bought a 100% sativa called 2046. so I dont think you will be dissapointed at all. my last grow with a critical sensi star was a $17 seed and wow that was some good stuff and still is. and after being cured for a month and a half its even better! so I think you will be more than happy with that sativa spacequeen cant wait for the smoke report on that.
see now I'am here for the duration:)

ya i saw you mention that 2046 on someone elses journal, had me quite intrigued and I took the liberty and looked it up for anyone curious to know about what my aquatic baked good buddy is talking about here:

Medical 2046 Feminised Seeds Specs
100% Sativa.
Growing period indoor: 1 - 2 weeks.
Indoor flowering period: 110 - 120 days.
Indoor production/m2: About 500 gr
Outdoor height: 3 metres.
Outdoor harvest: Late November.
Outdoor production/m2: More than 1 kg.
THC: 20% - 25%
CBD: Very low.
Genotype: Cross between pure Sativas.

Medical 2046 Feminised Cannabis Seeds Info
Selected for its incredible psychedelic power
and its indisputable Haze smell.
It is the variety of our most powerful bank.
Patient is needed to grow this plant, but reward
comes on 120 days. It has a difficult cultivation and is not
suitable for novice growers, it can only be grow in S.C.R.O.G. or
cultivated crops far height fastened with tutors.
Enjoy this flower, having been grown in optimum conditions,
can be one of the greatest pleasures for any cannabicultor.
Really very energizing its power and its intense taste haze is
the best present for the palate, enjoy the 2046!

Sounds amazing, and yielding a kilo per plant is definitely the kinda yield im looking for, sounds like next summer's outdoor crop :thumb:

PS- I've tried the space queen and its spacey alright, this were clones from my last harvest, she gave me 4 solid ounces of tight potent popcorny buds to die for, or die over, shit nearly gave me a heart attack when i smoked it :rip:

thats what I'am talking about! the spacequeen sounds awsome.
that 2046 will be my last grow so I hope its everything they say it is! but mostly I like a challange and they say that is one:)
so all I have to say is the 120 days of flower is the only draw back. oh that and if the $25 seed dont crack lol:)

So I've got an idea I have been rolling around in the back of my mind, and this great idea revealed itself to me in a dream. I just picked up some air pots and since the bottom of the airpots is more "open concept" as opposed to other containers, or planting pots. Do you figure i can have the best of both worlds by turning my soil pot into a DWC by placing my airpot inside of a dwc/bucket and after the roots have grown through the soil to the bottom of the pot they might continue to grow into water? Does this sound doable? Almost have a soil DWC combination going on, what do you think? Hmmmmm :hmmmm:

It would have the forgiveness of soil but vigour of hydro....innnnnterrresting

the only flaw in this I dea and it may not be are you going to have a dark area in the solution part?

the only flaw in this I dea and it may not be are you going to have a dark area in the solution part?

absotootly, i might give it a go, worst case scenario it doesn't work out i trim the roots and carry on with my soiless ways. Now to devise a plan to make said "bucket" light proof, this will be my next project as a matter of fact :thumb: I will post pics when I finger this one out :rollit: but first I smoke, that's when my ideas work best :thumb:

ok the only other thought is the medium in the airpot it self as that may hold water and could cause root rot. if you were useing coco or soil.
but I think your on to something:)

So im around 3-3 1/2 weeks of flower now, I did some super cropping last night on roughly about 10-15 branches, they were all main bud bearing branches and hopefully this will expedite nutrients to those specific buds to make them grow up to be nice and fat :) I will do update photos in a week or so.....For now I figured I would post a few videos from my first grow, i uploaded to youtube but just figured out how to make them not private....

ok the only other thought is the medium in the airpot it self as that may hold water and could cause root rot. if you were useing coco or soil.
but I think your on to something:)

ya that could get dicey, im thinking if i keep the water level at the precise point I could pull this off, just a bucket with an air stone that mists the roots as they grow down, I will try this on one plant only and will compare results, side by side against just an air pot with soil, same plant, same age of plant, sleestack x skunk, experiment :)

Back
Top Bottom