Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Great news on the bulb Horse! Will you post the specs and price and where you got it again?

Thanks bro :lot-o-toke:

Okay. This is the bulb and the place and the price. Shipping was $10.

Phlips MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide AllStart ~ CMH ~ AllStart

It's just a little smaller than a regular MH bulb, but it much fatter than Retro CMH.

I got this particular bulb because I have 3 MH ballasts, and use T5s to veg :tokin:

It's not as brilliantly bright as the Retro. When I spoke to Tom, maybe the owner?, he said this light had more red. I just use it to bloom, so maybe it's better? Tom emphatically said if I liked the Retro, I would love this ;)

Stick around, we'll see...

Rooting for the Jacks and their new star. ;)

Thanks TT,

We do have a new solar system!

I could cram in 8, and had 8, but 7 planets made the orbit nicely balanced.

DSC09143.jpg

DSC09137.jpg

DSC09142.jpg

DSC09144.jpg

DSC09136.jpg

This is a big fat bulb compared to the 400 Retro. I wrap the retro in tin foil when work down there, and it's on. I wrapped the CDM with a pretty tight skirt, I guess, because after it was on for 25 mins, the ballast started making a boink, boink, boink, etc. noise and the bulb pulsed in unison. I pulled the plug and let it sit for 20 min, started up fine, and stayed up. :thumb:

So here's some pics of the Jacks fresh out of the T5s.

DSC09138.jpg

DSC09139.jpg

DSC09141.jpg

DSC09140.jpg

I still have a hard time believing how frosty these girls were getting under the T5s. I don't know if the buds will get bigger. I kind of miniaturized a plant that likes to range. They're only 2' tall.

DSC09135.jpg

Hi ya Horse. :)

That is a beautiful shot of the sun and orbiters. Love the wading pool.
Nice new fat bulb. I would have freaked when it tried to turn into a pulsar.

Nice snowy plants and pretty hairy too. Really like that setup. :thumb:

Hi ya Horse. :)

That is a beautiful shot of the sun and orbiters. Love the wading pool.
Nice new fat bulb. I would have freaked when it tried to turn into a pulsar.

Nice snowy plants and pretty hairy too. Really like that setup. :thumb:

It was kind of funny when the bulb started pulsing. I have had so much stuff go or be wrong with the bulb and ballast dance... I just figured here we go again. Maybe the curse has been lifted!

I almost hated to move those girls from the T5s... almost ;)

I bet I have $20 in that tent :thumb:

I do too Horse, that looks sweet!

What do you think was up with that bulb? That would freak me out.

It was wrapped to tight? I really don't know. Advanced does some kind of burn in thing with these bulbs... but it sort of sounded like the ballast was talking and the the bulb was answering. I think they worked it out :thumb:

Don't freakout, reboot ;)

Hey Horse and TT, I was reading a post, the guy claims the magnetic ballast causes those funky looking stripes on all my pics. Are your ballasts in your grow rooms? I thought it was my reflector. Am I taking pictures of magnetic waves?

Hey Horse and TT, I was reading a post, the guy claims the magnetic ballast causes those funky looking stripes on all my pics. Are your ballasts in your grow rooms? I thought it was my reflector. Am I taking pictures of magnetic waves?

Oh shit, our secret's out ;)

Oh shit, our secret's out ;)

Damn, now everybody is going to know how the magnetic waves align the trichs on a north-south axis thus pulling extra stickiness out of the plants.:tokin:

Should we tell them about the crystals in the res?

What about sacrificing gnats on the full moon? (any moon):slide:

I don't have my ballast in the grow space but it is only 6" outside a flimsy reflective wall and no stripes. Plus most of my pictures are taken outside the grow space and about 12" from the ballast so I don't think the ballast is doing anything.

It was kind of funny when the bulb started pulsing. I have had so much stuff go or be wrong with the bulb and ballast dance... I just figured here we go again. Maybe the curse has been lifted!

I almost hated to move those girls from the T5s... almost ;)

I bet I have $20 in that tent :thumb:

High Horse. :surf:

Yep, thought as much, "Here we go again!" ;)

I can see why you wanted to stay with the T5's, they were doing so well. :slide:

A $20 tent? That one I think I could do. ;)

Electrician is coming next week to check things out in this room. You have convinced to grow down here. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Time to get rid of some junk! :thanks:

Damn, now everybody is going to know how the magnetic waves align the trichs on a north-south axis thus pulling extra stickiness out of the plants.:tokin:

Should we tell them about the crystals in the res?

What about sacrificing gnats on the full moon? (any moon):slide:

I don't have my ballast in the grow space but it is only 6" outside a flimsy reflective wall and no stripes. Plus most of my pictures are taken outside the grow space and about 12" from the ballast so I don't think the ballast is doing anything.

Wow, mooning gnats kills them? Drop trou! :Rasta:

High Horse. :surf:

Yep, thought as much, "Here we go again!" ;)

I can see why you wanted to stay with the T5's, they were doing so well. :slide:

A $20 tent? That one I think I could do. ;)

Electrician is coming next week to check things out in this room. You have convinced to grow down here. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Time to get rid of some junk! :thanks:

If you spend an extra 5 bucks, you can get the pool with the slide :slide:

Back
Top Bottom