How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!

Consider moving the tie up a node in a day or two.
I may end up doing that. I have four plants going. These two were the learning process. The next two I'll wait til they get taller. I'm sure I'll be fine but I'll keep my options open.
:thanks:

I’d like to share a photo of two of my lst trainings one on soil and one in hydro. Starting with hydro, so I basically been adding Christmas balls to weigh her sown and super crop the top then weigh it down once a a bulb or 2 don’t seem to phase it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Then on to the promix.
Looking like I may have to super crop the top ina a week or so.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Then a crazy example from last harvest
43329430-AC25-4758-9845-F8B6FC60F680.jpeg

I believe this is what you meant by having the main cola dipping over the edge of the pot right:rofl:
Edit. Marked main stem in red. It was pretty much the lowest cola. It stopped growing up and started growing down.

Attachments

• B227B09B-BCF5-447C-8EFF-F2AD0D91229E.jpeg
    B227B09B-BCF5-447C-8EFF-F2AD0D91229E.jpeg
    985.7 KB · Views: 32
Oh yeah I cut that plant down two days ago. I couldn’t lean them buds a bit lower without super cropping so I just let em go. But I started by tying everything down. Then the last idk 3 weeks untying them. It’s gotten so large and top heavy it wants to grow up but it can’t support its weight so it’s sagging I guess. Got some phat nugs though. I’m guessing about an oz or 20 grams once it dries lol.

I may end up doing that. I have four plants going. These two were the learning process. The next two I'll wait til they get taller. I'm sure I'll be fine but I'll keep my options open.
:thanks:
I waited to long with my auto mazar to LST the way I usually do, so I improvised and snapped one of the main tops, has rebounded nice though. So you dont want to wait to long
20200716_185618.jpg
20200716_185736.jpg
20200716_185937.jpg
Screenshot_20200730-190112_Gallery.jpg

Still a nice septapus Jackson!

If I look at your pic you topped the apical stem and really are just opening the plant up to more light.
Common misconception about LST after topping! It's not really about more light, it's still about keeping the top growth lower than the inner growth. You can see where Jackson kept the surviving branches flat, which sends the auxins to the inner growth on each one, creating many more tops.

I do something similar after I top (much higher), where I keep the top two nodes flat. It serves to both allow all the lowers to reach the canopy, and create a bunch of new tops to fill in the center from those two top nodes.

I think mine should be ok with maybe a less chance of a snap. The idea as I understand it is to take the apical stem and bring it down lower than the lowest node you plan on keeping.

Exactly! It may take you a few days to get the apical stem where you want it. You shouldn’t try and get it bent where you want it in on the first day. Sometimes ya gotta do a little plant yoga on it: a little bend to the left, now to the right, now forward, then back. That helps make the stem a little more flexible. Then end in downward dog .
:Namaste:

Common misconception about LST after topping! It's not really about more light, it's still about keeping the top growth lower than the inner growth. You can see where Jackson kept the surviving branches flat, which sends the auxins to the inner growth on each one, creating many more tops.
OhhhhhhK. :thumb:
Removed my confusing post above too!

If I correctly caught most of what I’ve read through this thread it would be this:
  • start training when the plant is tall enough to reach the edge of the pot
  • The main shoot needs to be brought down lower than the side shoots
  • Train outward and away from other branches
  • Stop training when plant begins to preflower

did I catch that right?
Those are certainly the basics! In terms of the height, the most important part is that the bend in the trunk be above the edge of the pot, because that's where you'll be tying the top to. In order to make the top lower than the bend, the bend needs to be above your tie point.

Post some pics when you get back and have a great camping trip!

So here's the latest pic after I readjusted the tie locations to try and straighten the branch. I don't know if I can get it any lower without snapping. I can bring the newest nodes down as they grow but not much I can do with the main stem.
It's hard to see the bend on LOGK 2 because of the leaves.

The lower growth is looking solid, so just keep the top as low as you can get it and don't worry about what's further down the trunk.
It's the apical growth the plant is looking for, so that's what you need to keep tying down.
OK that's what I kinda thought. The apical stem is lower than all the lower growth but I wasn't sure if it had to be lower than the stem where the nodes come out. So I'm good.
Let me know if you need me to send you barbecue skewers!
So far so good. Can I let the apical grow upwards as long as the lower nodes stay higher? I'm assuming at some point I need to pull the lowers down too though which might mean skewers at some point.

Back
Top Bottom