How many plants in a 2 x 2

All:

Curious, if yield wasn't a big factor but more of variety, how many photo's could one reasonably keep in a small 2x2 tent if trained and pruned. Thinking 3 to 4 if I used 3 or 5 gallon pots?
Is the purpose of trying to maximize the number that you want multiple varieties? Because if not, it’d probably be easier to just deal with one plant. I grow 2 in a tent that’s about 2 feet by 3.5 feet or so, and it gets crowded. You’d have to really stay on top of training them into little bonsais.

I'm like you and I like variety. I took my 4 outdoor plants and put them indoors on a 2" x 2.5" space. It's definitely possible but fewer plants will be easier. Train them hard and keep them short. I suggest you mainline the plants.
Fewer plants will be a lot easier to maintain, but it's boring to only have one strain to smoke. ;)
I also suggest you do heavy defoliation if you are going to grow 4 plants.

Since I intended for these plants to grow outdoors originally I didn't worry about any other training than topping and bending a bit. And I didn't take them indoors before they started to flower themselves outdoors. Now they are tall. I don't even have the tent walls in place. Ideally, 1 plant would be best for this tent, but that's boring...

The last pic shows my 2" x 4" tent with 4 different autos. This tent is packed and 4 plants are too much for it. But this tent has a different quite powerful light. 2 plants would be perfect for this tent, but that's boring...

All - day 42 - 3.jpg

All - day 42 - 4.jpg

All - day 42 - 5.jpg

All - day 42 - 2.jpg

All - day 40 of flower 2.jpg

One. Or four small ones but you’ll probably want to only veg them for a couple weeks before flipping to 12/12. Otherwise you might be doing lots of training w/o necessarily much gain.

Thinking 3 to 4 if I used 3 or 5 gallon pots?
^ Think this is the sweet spot. Smaller space for roots and train those biotches relentlessly.

Also, @BeanTownFan420 has an indoor grow journal that is going at hyper speed. Flipped to flower at 10 days, seriously! Check it out From Seed ;)

Thanks for the replies all, my needs are not that high, maybe 2 grams a week tops. So even if I only harvested 1 oz for me it's about the variety.

I would think photos are better if crammed in as you have more control than autos.

And yes I typically always do a scrog, my current setup is a 3 ' high cabinet and limited by height, so I keep my plant and pot well under two feet total even till finish.

Did read somewhere taking a seed straight to flower. the plants looks freaky, but if yield expectations are low it could even be done that way, but two weeks under veg would be a good compromise.

Plants from seed cannot go straight to flower. They need about a month or 6 weeks to mature before they can. But if you veg them under 12/12 lighting they’ll be smaller. A clone can be flowered at any size though.

A clone tends to stretch less and be more controllable. A plant from seed is more of an unknown and also usually grows and stretches more vigorously.

If you google "is 12-12 from seed worth it" it apparently can be done. I would post the link but not sure if I am allowed. The plants look freaky and very small. Just giving them 2 weeks at 18 can make a difference though.
Time to check out my thread if you want to learn how to get buds from seed in 90 days start to finish.From seed

Thanks for the replies all, my needs are not that high, maybe 2 grams a week tops. So even if I only harvested 1 oz for me it's about the variety.

I would think photos are better if crammed in as you have more control than autos.

And yes I typically always do a scrog, my current setup is a 3 ' high cabinet and limited by height, so I keep my plant and pot well under two feet total even till finish.

Did read somewhere taking a seed straight to flower. the plants looks freaky, but if yield expectations are low it could even be done that way, but two weeks under veg would be a good compromise.
This is what I am doing germinating growing for three weeks then flip.

Thanks Grandma. No not really though :). I did have to set up a watering system. The plant was in coco and needed to be watered three or four times a day in that tiny container. But otherwise it just grew itself really and was totally healthy and happy the whole time. Critical Cheese- great strain and easy to grow. I got almost an ounce and a half off that little plant I grew a few other 12/12 from seed plants. That was the best one but most were good. 12/12 from seed is really no different in most ways than a plant grown 18/6 from seed. It just gets less daylight hours, so has less time to grow per day, therefore is smaller. And it starts flowering whenever it gets old enough.

Back
Top Bottom