HTL's #1: Purple Bud & White Haze, 2 x 2.5, LED 210W

OKAY GUYS AM I LOSING IT FROM IMPATIENCE OR AM I SEEING AMBERS?! :eek:
First two pics show how most of White Hazes trichomes look like. But in several spots it looks like the two lower pics!

BAM.png

BAAM.png

BAAAM.png

These are the best pictures I managed to take with my crap microscope and phone. I saw what looked like ambers on both top colas and several of the lower buds but I don't know if I can trust my eyes AAAAH HELP @Pennywise @Asesino85 @InTheShed @newty @AngryBird @Mr. Magoo @bobrown14 @Bilbobudkin420 o_O

IS IT TIME?!

Good evening H2L

Thought I’d share this easy wicked contest all you gots to do is post a pic your best one that you love and share it #marshydrorocks

Win a free light yes please

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

November 18th — PBs F59 — WH 95 (~F67)
Hi again my friends!

I've been a busy bee recently but here is finally a little update on my girls and some pics, finally. Excited to talk to you guys and get some advice, feedback etc.

Gave all three girls a thorough look over to check for nanners or pests. I have not had enough time to give them the attention they deserve this past week so I was a bit worried, but to my relief I found nothing.

Last post I showed you guys the White Haze's trichomes and chose to wait a bit longer to harvest per you guys' advice. I've kept looking at her every other day and she must be ridiculously close to harvest. No new white hairs, trichomes are starting to turn amber but there are still some clear ones on there. Also she is really starting to “autumn off”. Leaves are turning colour and so are the buds. This change happened so fast. I had noticed purpling of the sugar leaves on some buds but then she completely transformed and now she looks like this.

Screenshot_2.png

Just look at those colours! I didn’t even know that different buds on the same plant could have different colours like this? I'm a bit worried that there's something wrong causing these colours. Two of the buds on the plant have these pale yellow coloured leaves (look at top left bud) that almost looks like light stress. But they're some of the lowest buds on the plant so I don't think that is the case. Maybe some nutrient lock out? Enlighten me please! The tip burn you see is from earlier in the grow and that hasn't worsened. She’s so beautiful either way and I can’t believe I’ve grown her myself.

Let me know what you guys think! All my love :kiss:

November 18th — PBs F59 — WH 95 (~F67)
Hi again my friends!

I've been a busy bee recently but here is finally a little update on my girls and some pics, finally. Excited to talk to you guys and get some advice, feedback etc.

Gave all three girls a thorough look over to check for nanners or pests. I have not had enough time to give them the attention they deserve this past week so I was a bit worried, but to my relief I found nothing.

Last post I showed you guys the White Haze's trichomes and chose to wait a bit longer to harvest per you guys' advice. I've kept looking at her every other day and she must be ridiculously close to harvest. No new white hairs, trichomes are starting to turn amber but there are still some clear ones on there. Also she is really starting to “autumn off”. Leaves are turning colour and so are the buds. This change happened so fast. I had noticed purpling of the sugar leaves on some buds but then she completely transformed and now she looks like this.

Screenshot_2.png

Just look at those colours! I didn’t even know that different buds on the same plant could have different colours like this? I'm a bit worried that there's something wrong causing these colours. Two of the buds on the plant have these pale yellow coloured leaves (look at top left bud) that almost looks like light stress. But they're some of the lowest buds on the plant so I don't think that is the case. Maybe some nutrient lock out? Enlighten me please! The tip burn you see is from earlier in the grow and that hasn't worsened. She’s so beautiful either way and I can’t believe I’ve grown her myself.

Let me know what you guys think! All my love :kiss:
I’m glad to hear from you again. Now we can call off the search party and have a smoke party instead!! :D your girls are looking so good, I love how thick those nugs are #nicegirth. You planning to harvest soon? Let’s see some trichs if you can!

Hello my friends!
You can call off the search party again, I am alive! :battingeyelashes: Having a busy week and the grow has been throwing me a curveball. Well... two actually.

November 20th — PBs F61 — WH 97 (~F69)
Found a couple of very small, lime green nanners on both of my PBs, carefully removed them. I assume that they were fairly young and hopefully I wasn't too late to notice them.

November 25th — PBs F66 (end of week 9!) — WH 102 (~F74 mid week 11)
Watered all three girls. Removed a few new nanners that had popped up on the PBs. Keeping a thorough eye on them.

WH hasn’t showed any change in ripeness since Nov 6. The trichomes have been looking the EXACT same for 19 days now (since I last posted trichomes pics); about 25/70/5 clear/cloudy/amber. I've heard that some strains simply don't get amber, but a strain not getting cloudy? I haven't seen that before. I've been a bit worried about that. Has anyone else here experienced something similar? Is there something I've done wrong perhaps? I’ve decided that I might as well keep her going until the leaves are dying and I have to chop her. Figured it can’t hurt to let her ripen longer, although I doubt there will be any visible change. But maybe potency increases regardless?

Here are two pics of WH's canopy. There are a few days inbetween these pictures and as you can see the leaves have yellowed a lot and the buds are starting to look kinda dry and sad. The tips of the sugar leaves are quite brown. These won't be the prettiest buds, but I figured I'd rather let them go a bit longer still. What do you guys think? Should I chop or keep waiting for as long as I can?

Screenshot_3.png

I hope you're all doing wonderfully and that your grows are growing smoothly.
All my love, HTL :kiss:

Hello guys! Here is a BIG UPDATE on my first harvest and first edibles! :yummy:

Life has been busy this past month. I've been swamped with work and other responsibilities plus a pretty bad cold. So I've been grateful that there hasn't been much to do with the grow other than watering and snipping a nanner here and there.

December 2nd — PBs 73 — WH 109 (~F81)
Took a bud sample off of the White Haze Auto, washed it, speed dried it in the oven at 30ºC / 85ºF and rolled a joint to test the effects. And WOW what a difference in effect since we last sampled a week ago! Giving it even more time was definitely the right move. Trichomes are at around 10% amber, 70% cloudy, 10% clear. Harvesting in 4 days, can't wait!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 6th — PBs F77 — WH 113 (~F85)
We finally harvested the White Haze Auto today! What an incredible feeling getting to cut down a cannabis plant that you've grown from a seed and nursed for 4 months. Despite all of our struggles with heat, humidity, lighting, watering, etc. she turned out quite the looker. This is what she looked like right before we gave her the chop.

Screenshot_2.png

Such a stunning array of colours.

The boyfriend cut down the branches and removed fan leaves. I carefully washed and hung them to drip-dry for 4 hours. I then meticulously trimmed the buds, cutting away every single visible sugar leaf. I did this as to end up with enough trim to try to make canna oil. Bonus; beautifully trimmed buds and some great trimming practice. After weighing I separated the buds uniformly and spread them evenly in brown paper bags and placed them in the fridge.

Screenshot_3.png

One plant down, two to go.

Removed the hash off of my fingers and scissors and added it to the trim pile. I decarboxylated the trim in a Pyrex dish covered in tinfoil at 115 C/240 F for 1 ½ hours, opening one hour in to wipe condensation off of the tinfoil. I then infused the trim in coconut oil overnight at 70 C/160 F. Placed the lid loosely on top as to prevent pressure buildup.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 7th — PBs F77
The next morning I strained the oil through a cheese cloth (it infused in the oven for about 10 hours). The liquid oil was golden yellow, once it hardened it turned a pale yellow-ish green. I didn’t end up doing a single wash of my canna oil as the scent and flavor was already very mild and pleasant.
:passitleft:
First Time Making and Trying Edibles - ‘Greening Out’ for Six Hours
A story about what not to do when trying edibles for the first time.

I had drawn inspiration from the ‘Wake And Bake’ blog, specifically the 'Cannabanana Bread' and ' High Chai' recipes. I made my usual banana bread recipe but replaced the butter with the 1,8 dl ( cup) of canna oil. I used the leftover weed satchel to make ‘High Chai’ with heavy cream and honey. Whipped up the bread batter; it tasted delicious. So did the tea. Bingo. Couldn’t taste any of the weed in either.
At 11pm my boyfriend and I each had half a slice of the Cannabanana Bread (1/24th or 4.16% of the loaf) and a small cup of High Chai. We had a great time playing games, laughing a lot and then we went to bed. At 3am I was trying to fall asleep and that’s when the edibles kicked in. And oooh boy did they kick…

Mistake #1: I had no idea what concentration of THC was in the canna oil.
Mistake #2 I didn’t have a clue how much of the banana bread to serve for our first time. I figured the tea and half a slice of the loaf would be a good starting point. It wasn’t.
Mistake #3: Boyfriend took a second slice at 12am. Despite my better judgement I took a bite. Figured it couldn’t be that bad to have some more. It was.

I’ve never “greened out” before. I’m sure some of you guys have experienced it and know how awful it is. I’ve never experienced anything like it. I feel like got a glimpse of what it can be like to live with psychosis. I experienced extreme paranoia, fear and anxiety. I had both visual and auditory hallucinations. I felt disoriented, had trouble staying balanced and my whole body was shaking. My heart was racing and I struggled to breathe normally. I was hyper aware of my physical symptoms which heightened them even more. I felt like I could feel my blood pumping through every little artery and vein in my body. My muscles and joints were tensed up and my eyes and mouth were extremely dry.

In my haze of misery I managed to google what I could do to help myself get through it. I drank a lot of water and chewed gum to increase salivation. I used eye drops as soon as my eyes started hurting. I tried my best to breathe calmly and deeply and to stay calm. I kept reminding myself that it will pass and that I would be fine. I tried my best to distract myself with videos I usually like watching. Eventually it got too much for me and I woke my boyfriend up. He kept me company for an hour or so and then he slept on the couch so I wouldn’t be alone. I spent the time running around cleaning to keep my mind busy. After about 4 hours I started calming down and feeling better. After 6 hours, at around 10am, I felt almost back to normal again and exhausted I finally managed to fall asleep.

Next time we eat that devilishly delicious cannabanana bread I think I'll have a lot less... :rofl:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I hope my misfortune at least gives you guys some Schadenfreude. I'll update you on how it goes next time I try the bread, with a MUCH smaller dose this time... Did you ever consume too much weed by either smoking or edibles? Have you experienced a "green out" like I did?

Thank you guys for being a part of my journey learning to grow and consume. As a complete novice it has been a privilege having such helpful people care for me and my grow and be there to offer advice and feedback. I'll say it again, I'm lucky I found this forum. And even luckier that there are people like you on here. Cheese aside... I can't wait to harvest the PBs, wrap up this journal and start the next one. Next grow will be 2x 'Northern Lights x Haze #5' and 2x 'Jack Flash #5' from Sensiseeds. Getting a 4x4 grow tent and a second LED light! But more on that on a later date.

Until next time my friends, HTL :kiss:

Omg, what a trip! Sounded like the time I had a bad trip from mushrooms, yikes! CBD will have an immediate effect (helping) when you’re too high. I don’t know if you can get some where you’re at, but might be a good idea to have some on hand, just in case? Congrats on the harvest girl!! :ganjamon: I just started my 2nd grow and I’m already excited for the next strain for after that too! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom