Hutch's First Grow: Amnesia Haze Auto In ProMix HP

Lamb's Breath #2 Day 34
Lamb's Breath #2 was planted about two weeks after LB#1 but is already in pre-flower.

IMG-1364.JPG
IMG-1366.JPG
IMG-1367.JPG
IMG-1368.JPG
. I'm pretty Except for a very little LST she has been left to grow as she wishes. Based on this (sample of one) I would conclude that topping LB#1 on day 20 extended the veg period by about a week. I gather that its life expectancy will not be extended so it will be very interesting to see the difference in yields. I'm pretty sure the topped plant will produce more.

Looking very good,Hutch !

Obviously, you're getting a pretty good handle on this "growing" thing!

They're definitely pretty plants...I sat one of mine out on the coffee table to do a little defoliating the other day,commented to the wife that they'd make great houseplants....she said ya,it's beautiful....now
get that stinky thing out of the living room !

Thanks, my growing skills come almost entirely from you folks here on 420 and with a lot of hand holding.

It's amazing what a difference topping makes as regards beauty. The topped plant is bushy and irregular while the untopped one is almost boring looking. I suppose because its a sativa. I couldn't help but tie down a couple of branches to get something going. I worry, though, since they are autos and are not supposed to be stressed.

Topping does give them a little "bump in the road"but it only slows them down for a short time.
A few weeks down that same road,they're right back to doing what they do best-growing like crazy.

Reduce your nute mix

Thanks. I'll do that. Should I start with just plain water for a week or so?

Getting a handle on nutes is difficult for most of us beginners I guess. I get more confused since I'm growing in ProMix HP with virtually no nutrient content and it seems like I should be compensating for that. I've read that we should let the plant tell us when it needs food. Does this mean that we should wait until we see a deficiency before we feed? Obviously this can't be the default as it would be stressing the plant continually. But maybe we need to do it this way until we get the feel...I dunno

Hi,Hutch-I would like to have replied to your earlier posts,but I'm not
that knowledgeable on nute problems because,(knock on wood) I've never had any,so
I don't have first hand experience in eliminating them.

I'm glad @Pennywise got you squared away

I do know that not enough is easier to remedy than too much when it comes to feeding your plants.

When I used to use Miracle Grow,I'd use half the recommended dosage until full flower,then up it a bit until the last 3 weeks or so,when the plant got nothing but water-lots of yellow leaves at the end,but I wasn't entering them in any beauty contests,so I don't worry about it.

Thanks, @carcass and @Pennywise! I will feed 50% in future. I know the White Widow will be better, fewer newbie mistakes for her to deal with:laugh:. Amnesia and her LB friends will be good memories pretty soon. Something to compare to. Before this I had never seen a growing cannabis plant so it's hard to know what is normal and what's a problem, but learning fast:bongrip:.

It comes pretty quick. This might sound dumb but I believe it anyway. I have made a bunch of mistakes here on my first grow and I’m glad I have made them because I learned so much. If you do not have adversity in your grow you won’t learn anything at all. Humans thrive better when challanged just like weeds. At least some of us. Lol.

You're doing fine, Hutch -especially for a first grow-learning is what it's all about!

In my case,the only reason I know anything about anything,is because I've probably
screwed it up before...

Back
Top Bottom