Hydro - 1000W Double Ended Bulbs - First Time Using

>>>>6 WEEKS IN UPDATE<<<<

Hey guys!
Been a little over a week so here's the progress on the girls. Gonna hit em with OVERDRIVE in the morning..
Since it is the first run on the and SAGE I don't know her that well yet, but kinda starting to think the she is for sure a 9-10 week strain. The MOBB BOSS seems to be on par.

MOBB

IMG_20160511_131651504.jpg
IMG_20160511_131640882.jpg
IMG_20160511_202939275.jpg

SOUR SAGE

IMG_20160511_131738550.jpg
IMG_20160511_131731239.jpg
IMG_20160511_202910339.jpg

CANOPY SHOTS
see how much further the sativa stretched than the indica.

IMG_20160511_131841690.jpg
IMG_20160511_131820425.jpg

LOWER BUDS
left a few down low just to kinda test the penetration and see what they do. The lowest one is at least 3 feet below the highest cola and underneath kinda

IMG_20160511_132005382.jpg
IMG_20160511_132019998.jpg

The sativa did stretch a fair amount more and looks to be ahead in the bud development

They are doing great

good job beats.

Thanks! This is the point when you start to get excited and can begin to see the finish line. It is also the point when the days seem to go by slower and slower. Sometimes 3days can seem like 3weeks. I think that it has a bit to do with anticipation :volcano-smiley:

Frosty
Looking nice man they are fattening up looking real good , bummer about the ballast failure. What model was the ballast ?

I have not seen the DE umbrella reflectors they sound like a step up and probably cheap enough to do anytime. I noticed they sell the DE wings for $35 - $40 bucks.

The anticipation has officially kicked in for me as well , week 7 starts tomorrow.

Frosty
Looking nice man they are fattening up looking real good , bummer about the ballast failure. What model was the ballast ?

I have not seen the DE umbrella reflectors they sound like a step up and probably cheap enough to do anytime. I noticed they sell the DE wings for $35 - $40 bucks.

The anticipation has officially kicked in for me as well , week 7 starts tomorrow.

The ballast was SPL brand. Came as set thru Amazon.
Here are the only umbrellas that I have seen
IMG_20160520_104258583_HDR.jpg

some early herb is always nice. Nice to have the variety too !

They are looking good again beats

Not sure what distance you are using I keep my HPS stupid close to the plants , about 10 inches

I was using 6 inches distance but found it stressed the plants unnecessarily when compared to 10 and 12 inches.

At these close ranges the 600 bulbs have more output then the sun

I found the umbrellas for $135 not sure where now , it was a hydro store in the states with a website

I narrowed it down to the country ! lol

some early herb is always nice. Nice to have the variety too !

They are looking good again beats

Not sure what distance you are using I keep my HPS stupid close to the plants , about 10 inches

I was using 6 inches distance but found it stressed the plants unnecessarily when compared to 10 and 12 inches.

At these close ranges the 600 bulbs have more output then the sun

I found the umbrellas for $135 not sure where now , it was a hydro store in the states with a website

I narrowed it down to the country ! lol

I went as high as I could with the light. Ceiling is 9ft. These bulbs are no joke, they come with recommendation of hanging at 10ft high.

I think they would definitely stress or burn at 12inches.

The 6inches, Was that under air cooled lighting??

I used to keep the lights at 6 inches when I was using light movers

As a test I had the buds @ 4 inches from the Tube / seven inches from the bulbs arc tube for two 12hr days.
The plants started to look stressed and unhappy.

Currently I have been using 8 - 10 inches from the globe , 11 - 13 inches to the Arc Tube they seem happy.

~~~~~~~~~
The seller of the lights misinformed you , DE bulbs have the same or virtually the same lumen output as electronic ballasts bulbs.
Where they differ is the PAR spectrum output with the DE bulbs/ ballasts having 20% more PAR light output then conventional electronic / digital ballasts and 40% more then the old Magnetic ballasts.

The salesman although meaning well did not give you sound advice imo

The DE bulbs will kick ass @ 2 - 2.5 ft.

Mark my words

I used to keep the lights at 6 inches when I was using light movers

As a test I had the buds @ 4 inches from the Tube / seven inches from the bulbs arc tube for two 12hr days.
The plants started to look stressed and unhappy.

Currently I have been using 8 - 10 inches from the globe , 11 - 13 inches to the Arc Tube they seem happy.

~~~~~~~~~
The seller of the lights misinformed you , DE bulbs have the same or virtually the same lumen output as electronic ballasts bulbs.
Where they differ is the PAR spectrum output with the DE bulbs/ ballasts having 20% more PAR light output then conventional electronic / digital ballasts and 40% more then the old Magnetic ballasts.

The salesman although meaning well did not give you sound advice imo

The DE bulbs will kick ass @ 2 - 2.5 ft.

Mark my words

There was actually no sales person involved. Just several different sources online. (I read lots of reviews leading up to purchase) Here is an excerpt from one of the articles along with link....

"According to light level measurement devices, double-ended lights are brighter and can cover larger surface areas in comparison to standard 1,000-W light systems. Higher ceilings are recommended for operating double-ended lights so larger footprints may be achieved, which could ultimately result in larger yields due to the increased growing area. Open-hood, non-vented reflectors will emit more heat from the lamp than air-cooled models. Greater ceiling heights are required to avoid canopy burning and other phototoxic effects on the crop. These lights perform better at 3 to 4 ft. from the canopy, rather than the standard 1 to 2 ft. Of course, these distances are subjective dependent on environmental conditions, but keep in mind the higher the light, the bigger the footprint and the less hot-spot concentrations occur"

Seeing Double - Maximum Yield Indoor Gardening Magazine

Lets compare the DE bulbs to the Apollo bulbs I'm using

SPL 600w and 1000w HPS DE bulbs

High Pressure DE Sodium Bulbs - Available in 1000W, 600W

Color temperature (K): 2,000
Color index (RA): 20

600W: 80,000 lumen

1000W: 120,000 lumen

Expected Life Span(Hr): 12,000 ~ 18,000

Vs

Standard Apollo bulbs with Digital ballasts

600w hps - 90,000 lm

1000w hps - 140,000 lm

average bulb life 24,000 hr

The DE bulbs have a higher PAR value by about 20% not a higher intensity.

Par value is what plants use not so much lumens and is why LED panels work so well , LED's have high PAR value and lower lumen / intensity, relatively speaking.

Ive let you to the truth check into it

Back
Top Bottom