Hydro1000 - 2016 - Perlite/Hempy Bucket - Multi-Strain - Perpetual Grow

Hey bud! Sorry to hear about the GC's, hopefully that last one will pull through for ya. That will have to be your mother now for sure if you were planning to keep one! All the other clones are looking great though, them blueberry gals should fill out nicely when the flowers start forming. Flower tent looking great to! Not to sure if I would want to mess with your WW and try to lst them branches you were mentioning. From what I've heard, people tend to stay away from any training once that far along into flower. Are the branches starting to harden up yet or are they still bendable? Ya might be able to get a slight bend out of them without any stress though. Your call though! If you're gonna do it, I'd do it sooner rather than later thats for sure. :) Thats my opinion though bud, maybe someone else has more hands on experience with that. Keep up the great work hydro! Best of luck, take care.

Hey bud! Sorry to hear about the GC's, hopefully that last one will pull through for ya. That will have to be your mother now for sure if you were planning to keep one! All the other clones are looking great though, them blueberry gals should fill out nicely when the flowers start forming. Flower tent looking great to! Not to sure if I would want to mess with your WW and try to lst them branches you were mentioning. From what I've heard, people tend to stay away from any training once that far along into flower. Are the branches starting to harden up yet or are they still bendable? Ya might be able to get a slight bend out of them without any stress though. Your call though! If you're gonna do it, I'd do it sooner rather than later thats for sure. :) Thats my opinion though bud, maybe someone else has more hands on experience with that. Keep up the great work hydro! Best of luck, take care.

Thanks for the input! Ya I'm going to leave the WW just as she is, I will keep pulling down the outside branches as they continue to stretch out.
The GC clone I hope pulls through but if not I will go see buddy and grab some more cuttings from him lol. All the girls in clone cabinet are for the next run I will be keeping some mothers and would like to get a few more strains started, mostly Sativa dominant is what I will be looking at.
As a BONUS the same buddy that I got the GC from stopped by and gave me a pound of canna butter. Brownies will be made today my Mrs. has told me. Better not disappoint her, they should be ready by the time she gets home from work. I'll take some photos and post recipe later today:peace:

Wow, I really need some growing friends around here. You would think it was common because this is Colorado...Have you smoked GC before? I heard it's pretty awesome but it's hard to come by at the medical shops for some reason. I really want to grow me some of it in my next batch or something.

Wow, I really need some growing friends around here. You would think it was common because this is Colorado...Have you smoked GC before? I heard it's pretty awesome but it's hard to come by at the medical shops for some reason. I really want to grow me some of it in my next batch or something.

growing friends are awesome :circle-of-love::passitleft:always someone making something and spreading the goodness!! Still I assume not many people talk about their grows. I hear of people growing all over around my area, some people are pretty open about it Even thou it's still illegal.

No I can't say that I have smoked it before, so this will be a first:cheesygrinsmiley: if she makes it that far.

Butter?? Brownies?? :drool: mmmm haha. How did they turn out? Recipes are always nice to have :) I will look forward to that later and to trying it out some day.
Multi strain is always a nice way to go, gives a guy more variety to pick from in the end, not the same thing every other day. Once I decide to pick up some more gear and another light I would like to start doing the same thing and keep some mother plants. I have a space I could keep mothers just need the lights for it.
well here's to hoping some GC's make it on their way so we can all see what the hype is about with this plant. I have looked at it in CKS website, looks delicious!
Keep up the great work over there buddy!

Butter?? Brownies?? :drool: mmmm haha. How did they turn out? Recipes are always nice to have :) I will look forward to that later and to trying it out some day.
Multi strain is always a nice way to go, gives a guy more variety to pick from in the end, not the same thing every other day. Once I decide to pick up some more gear and another light I would like to start doing the same thing and keep some mother plants. I have a space I could keep mothers just need the lights for it.
well here's to hoping some GC's make it on their way so we can all see what the hype is about with this plant. I have looked at it in CKS website, looks delicious!
Keep up the great work over there buddy!

Green Crack not looking so good, Wouldnt count on that last one rooting.
I got brownies made:) I'm not a very good baker although I love getting baked! You would think the 2 would go together and be automatically be good at both:hmmmm: anyway I'm back from that random thought. So I couldn't locate the recipe for brownies but I did one better and asked the Mrs. She gave me that r u stupid look and said google it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So that's what I did, I took the first one that had all the ingredients I had in the pantry. Flour, coco, sugar, vanilla, couple eggs, butter which was substituted with canna butter(no idea what strain or how potent this will be) Someone's grandmas recipe I think.:rofl:
I used one large glass casserole dish and baked for 25 min............

I will say I have always been a fan of brownies, cookies, cakes when using cannabutter. I like the body buzz I get as long as I can still function and get on with the day. So this butter was a mild smelling but did overpower the room while in the oven. We took one 2.5" x 2.5" piece each and it took about 1/2 hour to feel the affects coming on, the high got stronger after about 1.5 hours and the Mrs said her feet felt very heavy as she kinda locked into the chair. Had to laugh hard at that one. All in all the buzz lasted about 4 hours maybe a bit longer. I will say I did have another one today.:cheesygrinsmiley:
image10338.jpeg

The Tracey girls are still fighting potassium deficiency the leaves are showing late stage as brown dots blotches showing up on the leaves I flushed them today and re nuted, they seemed to have perked up after an hour but didn't get back to see them before lights out. Update tomorrow on them.

That's sweet hydro! Glad they worked out for ya. I like that sort of buzz to. Something you can have for desert after supper on a weekend and just veg out for a while. Or if it is a productive high, on a nice sunny day outside putting around in the yard getting things done. I once had some really strong cookies, ended up going to bed a few hours later when the real high started to fade and when I woke up in the morning I was almost hungover without a headache. My eyes would hardly open, still felt very heavy and sluggish, best cookies I ever ate! Haha.

Anyways, just thought I would share a short and random edible story of mine on this rainy day! Keep up the good work over there. Sorry again to hear about them GC's, hopefully you can get some more and they take well. Take care my friend!

Day 20 of 12/12
Just a quick update what I have alive in the cloning cabinet
I have lost all the Green Crack clones all ended up with mushy stems, not sure what I did but they didn't like it.

Here are the 2 Tracey's on the left, 2 Blueberry on the right these 4 clones were taken April 11/16
The one in the back is also a Tracey clone taken March 25/16
image10376.jpeg

These 2 Blueberry clones were taken March 16/16 (these have been topped where ever there was a top and will be topped again a second and third time)
image10377.jpeg
image10378.jpeg

WW clone taken March 2/16
image10379.jpeg

So my buddy that the Green Crack clones came from brought me another presant. These 2 girls were started from seed like 2 weeks ago. Buddy planted 2 of each and only wanted to keep one of each......... so thank you buddy!!
My problem is these are in soil, Promix I believe. I wasn't planning on a soil grow and I really have no idea about growing in soil. Some thinking I will do on this......maybe just pull them when they are dry, clean off the roots and in to perlite they will go. Any suggestions welcomed.
Here they are CKS Fem Black Indica
image10380.jpeg

And CKS Fem White Cookies
image10381.jpeg

Here are some random pics of the flower room, notice the def. on the middle to lower leaves. I thought this was potassium def. later stage but it has me believing it is a calcium def. now. This came on fast like in a day. Cal/mag I will have to get when I get to the city next time. I have looked at a substitute for calcium but nothing I can get my hands on here.
image10382.jpeg
image10383.jpeg
image10384.jpeg
image10385.jpeg
image10386.jpeg
image10387.jpeg
image10388.jpeg
image10389.jpeg
image10390.jpeg
image10391.jpeg
image10392.jpeg

Have a great day all!!!!:peace:

I have been doing a bit of reading on def. and the effects of an over abundance of one element which plays an effect on consumption of another element.
To much Potassium may affect on the uptake of Nitrogen, Calcium and Magnesium
To much Nitrogen may affect the the uptake of Potassium and Calcium
To much Magnesium may affect the uptake of Calciul and Potassium
To much phosphorus may affect the uptake of Zinc, Iron and Copper
To much calcium may affect the uptake of Boron, Magnesium and Phosphorus

So just thinking out loud, if I have an over abundance of magnesium my calcium and potassium uptake by the plant my be slowed or even locked out. If this is the case then if I cut my nutes back this problem should fix itself. Now if by cutting the nutes back and seeing the def. not getting better then this would suggest the the plants are underfed and more nutes would be needed to correct this def.

I flushed only Tracey #2 today and continued with the same nutes but I backed off on the Epson salts to 1/2 tablespoon per gallon and molasses from 5ml to 2.5 ml per gallon to see if this helps.

Nice update there my friend! Things are still looking good as usual. Your blueberry clones have taken right off, seems to be a fast grower in the bunch. Glad to see some more Crop King seedlings in the bunch, gives me more ideas of what I would like to try next time from them :)
I especially like that info you found about the deficiencies, I will be writing that down. Having an idea of what is happening when plants get to much of a certain nutrient is good to know. I am sure this will help me somewhere down the road as well. Hope your adjustment helps with this issue. I need to do more research again on the molasses and epson salts. I read about it already but never wrote it down as a side note and forgot half of it. I haven't really gotten into using additives with nutrients yet but would like to use molasses.
Keep up the good work over there, looking better every update!

Nice update there my friend! Things are still looking good as usual. Your blueberry clones have taken right off, seems to be a fast grower in the bunch. Glad to see some more Crop King seedlings in the bunch, gives me more ideas of what I would like to try next time from them :)
I especially like that info you found about the deficiencies, I will be writing that down. Having an idea of what is happening when plants get to much of a certain nutrient is good to know. I am sure this will help me somewhere down the road as well. Hope your adjustment helps with this issue. I need to do more research again on the molasses and epson salts. I read about it already but never wrote it down as a side note and forgot half of it. I haven't really gotten into using additives with nutrients yet but would like to use molasses.
Keep up the good work over there, looking better every update!

Good day to ya dick. Things are ok but I'm not very happy with the continued def. issues I'm having to deal with. The clones are all looking good so this tells me they are getting what they need when they are young. So I am close but going to need to fine tune things with the Tracey's.

Epson salts and molasses I find are a must to add. I havent used Cal/mag but I'm thinking I will need to pick some up and fix the calcium def. I'm showing. This will replace the Epson salts also. The molasses I will be giving straight through just going to cut it back a bit, this fixed my potassium problem earlier so I believe I should continue with it all the way to the end of flower.

To much of one element can sure play a part in how the other elements are picked up by the plants. I thinking I will cut back to 1/2 strength nutes for a few days and see if this helps and then I will go from there.

The White Cookies and Black Indica I got from buddy may be accompanied by one of his mature Green Crack he has put in flower a week or so ago. He has 2 tents but only wants to keep one for flower until the end of June then wait until the end of August to fill the other one up for veg. He is at the point where his tent is getting smaller and 5 GC in flower are outgrowing the tent. So we may see one of those soon coming to my grow room.

Day 22 of flower update
I have been having some def. issues and I believe it is more a PH problem then anything, I have tested my run off and it comes back at whatever I put it in at. My ph going in is good. My ph half way through the day is climbing to about 6.5 - 6.7, this not good and that plants are not happy. I watered with straight water ph 5.5 yesterday and today I hit all with nutes ph 5.2 and girls like this a lot. leaves all pointing up and a nice green color coming back to the leaves, I'm going to try this for a few days and see if I can keep my ph in the zone.5.6-6.0

Yesterday I was talking about buddy and that I may see a full mature Green Crack coming my way. Sure enough today buddy swings by and here she is, the new addition to the flower room. She came in a 1 gallon air pot in coco and really needed to be potted up.
image10515.jpeg
image10516.jpeg
image10517.jpeg
image10518.jpeg
image10519.jpeg

I cut the air pot off and put her straight into perlite I did not disturb the roots when she went into her new home.
She got a complete soaking with nutes and into the flower room she went. I raised up all the other plants so all were at the same height.

I have some cfl lights that I am putting together, 600 watts in total and these will be going into the flower room very soon.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Woohoo, she's arrived! That's a nice looking one for the size pot she was in. Will really take off now in the bigger bucket I bet. Was it still in veg when you got it or starting to flower? Cant wait to see that one take off bud! I love how you just keep adding to this garden so often. Once I get things down pat and all the bugs worked out I am planning to start a perpetual grow with autos, will likely downsize to 3gal buckets for space and start at least 2 every month. Will see how these ones I got now go for me :)
Keep up the good work over there, really loving the journal! Best of luck all around my friend. Take care!

Woohoo, she's arrived! That's a nice looking one for the size pot she was in. Will really take off now in the bigger bucket I bet. Was it still in veg when you got it or starting to flower? Cant wait to see that one take off bud! I love how you just keep adding to this garden so often. Once I get things down pat and all the bugs worked out I am planning to start a perpetual grow with autos, will likely downsize to 3gal buckets for space and start at least 2 every month. Will see how these ones I got now go for me :)
Keep up the good work over there, really loving the journal! Best of luck all around my friend. Take care!

She stands about 2.5 feet tall and was in flower for about a week, my count will start the day she got potted up April 17/16
Things are pretty good I think, the flower room is filling up and there won't be much else going in until we harvest some of these girls.
As soon as I start my flush on the WW and the Blueberry, at that time I will get the girls in clone cabinet ready to flip to 12/12 we have at least a month to go before this happens.

Time to just sit back and watch some buds grow then. Sounds good to me bud :):popcorn:

Not much else to do..... Well getting high is something :smokin::volcanosmiley::blunt::hookah::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::blunt::bong::tokin::morenutes::morenutes: this is my what my next month will consist of until harvest :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Day 23 of flower
I watered today hit the 3 Tracey's, Blueberry and WW with ph 5.2 full nutes, 2.5 ml molasses and 2.5 tbls Epson salts. I am sure my problems have been all ph related, not out of wack enough to cause total lock out but enough to cause some def.

The Green Crack was watered yesterday the res is empty but the coco is still wet to the touch, we will check her tomorrow and see if she needs anything. I thinking she will need water every 3 days as the coco holds a lot more then the straight perlite. (This will be a good thing if she goes 3 days)

Other than that just getting some lights together to add to the flower room, these will be cfl's 4-100w and 1-200w.
These will be on the end wall to give the Green Crack a bit more lumens on the wall side and a place to maybe put a couple more girls from the clone cabinet.

I will try to get some pics up before lights out.

I was going through some pictures tonight and this is my flower room 38 days ago all plants still in veg.
The second one of yesterday, you don't realize how quick they grow until you look at them 38 days later. Now to keep it full:cheesygrinsmiley:
image10580.jpeg
image10520.jpeg

Woo, very nice! More lights.. more plants... more buds!!! Haha. It certainly is nuts when you go back on pictures and then realize how many days ago that really was. Feels like longer than it really is. Even with my autos right now, I couldn't believe the difference in their size from the day I seen the first few pistils on them and then to look at them today. It feels like a month ago but really only a couple weeks. Everything is looking fine over there my friend, keep up the great work!

Happy 420 everyone!!

Today is day 25 of 12/12 for all the girls but one, the Green Crack is on day 3 of 12/12

I am still fighting calcium def. I have change my nutes around a bit to try to get this problem under control. The micro has 5% calcium in it and calls for 10ml per gallon at this stage in flower, I have up to 15ml per gallon to get the most calcium I can without throwing everything out of whack.

My changes are
Micro - 10 to 15 ml/gal
Bloom - 10 to 12ml/gal
Grow - 10 to 8ml/gal
Vb1 - 20ml/gal
Epson S. 5ml to 2.5ml/gal
Molasses. 5ml to 3.5ml/gal
Ph 5.3 ends up at 5.8 at runoff
The color is coming back to the many affected leaves, I have watched for leaf burn all day and have not seen anything major, I'm guessing I'm on the right track without any other available calcium to give.
Flower room looking pretty good again. Fingers crossed I can keep the def. to a min for the next month.

I have taken 4 more cuttings off the Green Crack and are hopefully going to root this time. Can you tell which ones are new, the whitest perlite are the new ones I took yesterday.
The 4 at the back are the GC, the 2 just in front of those are Blueberry taken from the flower room (monster cropped)
image10721.jpeg

Also yesterday, I took the White Cookies and the Black Indica out of soil and put into one gallon pails (I'm not ready for soil at this time so had to get them in the perlite hempy buckets.
image10722.jpeg

That's all for now
Happy 420 everyone.

Back
Top Bottom