Hydro1000 - 2016 - Perlite/Hempy Bucket - Multi-Strain - Perpetual Grow

Day 10 since flip to 12/12
I watered all the girls in the flower room this morning, I measured up 5 gallons of water, added nutes as per feeding schedule for week 1 flower, plus 5ml/gal Epson salt and 5ml/gal blackstrap molasses. The girls took just over 4.5 gallons after run off.
Ph at 6.0, runoff ph 6.0
Room temp 78F - 80F day, 70F - 74F night
RH 38% - 45%
Light height is at 24" today set at 1000w. mh is still in until Saturday then the switch to the 1000w hps. I still had a little leaf curl so I'm hoping the move from 20" - 24" will correct that and I'm needing a little more stretch on Tracey 1 & 3, these as so compact and with the flowers developing there is not much air space between them

Here's a few pics of the girls today, I have taken a few pictures through an 8x magnifying glass they show a little better.

The Tracey's 1 through 3.
image9811.jpeg
image9812.jpeg
image9813.jpeg
image9814.jpeg
image9815.jpeg
image9816.jpeg

CKS WW
image9817.jpeg

Blueberry
image9818.jpeg

Bagseed
image9819.jpeg

Clone box
image9820.jpeg

I think I'm on track with what I wanted to do so far, what I have in the clone box will be staying there for the time being as I'm slowly running out of light for what's in the flower room. I will be adding more lights to the flower room just not sure what at this time, most likely another 1000w cool hood to match up with the one that's running.

Thanks all for stopping by!

I pulled out the 1000w MH and replaced with 1000w HPS, the only reason for this today is, I was up at 5am and had a little time before lights on so this happened today instead of waiting until this weekend.
No other changes or anything else happening today. I'm just going to kick back an enjoy a couple big bowl fulls, and watch my girls stretch

Here's a couple pics WW reaching for the light and one of tracey#2 flowers.
image9828.jpeg
image9829.jpeg

Hey there hydro! I finally got done reading through your journal since we last talked on my jouurnal. Took a little while with being busy around the house and working in my own garden, as well as replying to the many other threads I have subscribed to. But here I am now, all caught up and just in time to see all them beautiful girls start flowering. I will be pulling up a chair and listening attentively like a good little school boy haha! Things seems to be looking good for you. Keep up the good work and will be looking forward to your next update.
Best of luck and take care bud!

Hey there hydro! I finally got done reading through your journal since we last talked on my jouurnal. Took a little while with being busy around the house and working in my own garden, as well as replying to the many other threads I have subscribed to. But here I am now, all caught up and just in time to see all them beautiful girls start flowering. I will be pulling up a chair and listening attentively like a good little school boy haha! Things seems to be looking good for you. Keep up the good work and will be looking forward to your next update.
Best of luck and take care bud!

Thanks man! Things are really looking good at the moment, it's almost like auto pilot now. I water every few days, tuck some leaves daily and sit back and watch them do their thing. Life is good!!
I do need more lights now as I just talked to buddy and he has picked up a few 6 week old CKS fem. Green Crack from somewhere and they need a trimming so going to go get some clones tomorrow:cheer: I only want a couple maybe 4 as I don't have the room for to many more at this time.
Always something going on and free clones is a bonus! I will take him a couple clones I have here as a thank you.

Right on bud. And that's what's nice about it after the first half is done, just sit and watch things grow. Not quite as much to do after that, I get bored sometimes haha.
And very good, clones are always nice! Will be looking forward to seeing them in your journal maybe? You're lucky, I don't have any grower buddies here around me. Lots of smokin buddies though lol. Guess that's why I'm on 420 mag now! I needed a good group of people to talk growing with and to learn and share knowledge.

*420 Magazine - you guys rock! Thanks for all you do here. *

Good day to everyone here on :420:
Well as said the other day I was going to get some CKS Green Crack clones from buddy. Yesterday I made my way over to his place and had a few dabs before we went to take some cuttings. I only wanted a couple, I really don't have the space for anymore then that. So I ended up taking six cutting off of three girls :cheesygrinsmiley: These were all bottom branches that were not getting much light.
These girls will be here for about 3-4 weeks before being moved to flower.

A little about this CKS fem. Green Crack strain:
Easy grower
Flower time 9-10 weeks
Mainly Indica
High body buzz
THC 21%
CBD 0.45%
CBN 0.29%
Yield 600g indoor/300g outdoor
Genetics Afgani x Skunk

image9931.jpeg
image9932.jpeg
image9933.jpeg

Here is everything in the cloner box
image9934.jpeg

I got the clones all done then went into the flower room, my Bagseed I thought was going to be male was showing female hairs all over, then these appeared today.
image9936.jpeg
image9937.jpeg
image9938.jpeg

She has been pulled from the room. I thought we should take a look at the roots at this time and see if I'm on the right track.
image9939.jpeg
image9940.jpeg

The roots were all around the outside of the 2 gallon pail, I shook all the perlite off and set it beside the pail. For the second pic.
I have 2 cuttings from this plant, should I keep them or toss them? I think I will toss them and not risk any males getting in my garden at a later date.

Hey man, sorry to hear about that hermie! Was a nice looking plant, good root structure as well. Everything else is looking good to, keep up the good work :)
As for the clones you took off that plant, I would think they would come out being hermie to. Myself, I wouldn't keep them. Better to be safe than sorry right? Those pollen sacs in the picture look pretty filled up, hope none popped open on ya.
Best of luck bud, take care!

Hey man, sorry to hear about that hermie! Was a nice looking plant, good root structure as well. Everything else is looking good to, keep up the good work :)
As for the clones you took off that plant, I would think they would come out being hermie to. Myself, I wouldn't keep them. Better to be safe than sorry right? Those pollen sacs in the picture look pretty filled up, hope none popped open on ya.
Best of luck bud, take care!
r

Thanks bud. Ya it was looking good, those sacs appeared like in a day and only 5 or 6 I didn't see any that opened. I think I will be alright and I pulled both clones a got rid of them also.

I watered this morning, the flower room took 4 gallons of mix with ph of 6.0
I am starting to see the potassium deficiency starting again on the tips of Tracey#1. I will be starting to watering daily again as this fix the problem a couple weeks ago.

I transplanted the 2 WW clones and the 2 Tracey clones from solo cups to 1 gallon milk jugs. The only clones in solo cups right now are the 6 Green Crack.

I admire your tenacity, Hydro.

Thanks Obi, I see no sense in messing around with things that may cause problems in the future. If the mother hermi's I think there is a pretty good chance the clones will to IMHO.
I'm looking for a good supply of green for the Mrs. and I. And don't really want to be looking for males in an all female garden. It's better to get rid of anything that may have a higher chance at going hermi.

Good stuff, cant wait to see what those green crack clones turn out like. If they all grow how you'd like will you be keeping a mother or maybe taking a few more clones from the one's you have later on down the road?
Hopefully you can get the potassium thing under wraps, sucks to have to water less everyday as apposed to a little more every 2 or 3 days. Mine have been going 2 days without water now and so far so good. Tomorrow will be the 3rd day no water since their first good soaking in the new buckets. Will see how they look in the morning and go from there.
I'm sure the others will like their up-potting, they looked to be ready for that now anyway. Keep up the good work bud! Best of luck as always

Good stuff, cant wait to see what those green crack clones turn out like. If they all grow how you'd like will you be keeping a mother or maybe taking a few more clones from the one's you have later on down the road?
Hopefully you can get the potassium thing under wraps, sucks to have to water less everyday as apposed to a little more every 2 or 3 days. Mine have been going 2 days without water now and so far so good. Tomorrow will be the 3rd day no water since their first good soaking in the new buckets. Will see how they look in the morning and go from there.
I'm sure the others will like their up-potting, they looked to be ready for that now anyway. Keep up the good work bud! Best of luck as always

I may keep one Green Crack as a mother, I will see when the time comes and how much room I will have.
I am back to watering daily each girl is taking about 1/2 gallon each time. The tips on the leaves of Tracey#1 have a touch yellow but I'm sure it's from letting get to dry on top 1/2 of pail. The watering daily fixed this problem the last time, we will soon see.

The clones always like getting out of those small solo cups and into something they can stretch out in.:)

I should have up potted Tracey#2 when I flipped to 12/12. I'm sure she will be root bound soon by looking at the roots of the Bagseed that was pulled 2 days ago. Live and learn for next time.

Flower day 15
Today all the girls got a good soaking, I mixed up 4 gallons of nutes, Epson salts and molasses. This week the flower room is getting 1 gram per litre of granular bud stimulant mixed in with the nutes.

I have been defoliating leaves that have been tucked and that have returned to Blocking light to other bud sites.

Here are a few pics of the girls.
image10027.jpeg
image10028.jpeg

CKS WW
image10029.jpeg
image10030.jpeg

Blueberry
image10031.jpeg

Tracey#1
image10033.jpeg

Tracey#2
image10035.jpeg
image10039.jpeg
image10038.jpeg
image10036.jpeg

Enjoy this wonderful Sunday everyone!!

Good update my friend! Things are flowering out nicely.
Yes I can see that with just perlite you would have to water more often than myself, that vermiculite really hold in the moisture. My reservoirs are still near full, but the smaller plants may not be taking much of it up. Next round I may end up with smaller buckets for these 2 strains, I still have seeds of both. I will go from using 5gal to 3 gal and maybe plant seed in final pot from the beginning. Then I can keep my 5 gal pails for doing photoperiods in later on down the road. Maybe some of that green crack once we see what it turns out like :) haha Keep up the good work over there! You will be having a great harvest, I know it. Take care!

Everything is looking good over here, hydro! I'm anticipating the finish products arrival. :thumb:

Thanks for stopping by premedgrow!!
I think everything is going pretty smooth at the moment. Not much to do but sit a watch these girls do their thing. I'm starting to see the leaves around the flowers getting a little bit sticky looking. (Always a good sign):cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 16 flower:
I watered today again, there was a little weight to the pails but reservoirs were dry, girls took about 3 gallons of nute mix.

I have done some reading about monster cropping (taking clones from a plant about 2-3 weeks into flower. I have never done this before so this will be a test run and see if the plants respond with the monster growth they say you get with this.
I took 2 bottom cuttings from the large blueberry in flower and put those into solo cups.
I also took 2 Tracey cuttings and one extra that I snapped off by bending to much. :oops: and got these into solo cups also.

Other then that not much happening today, I will be refilling the 55 gallon barrel with water and keeping the bubbles going in that.

Day 17 of flower
Good day everyone! I am going to do this over a few updates today.
Things are looking pretty good in the flower room, I believe I fixed the potassium deficiency by just watering daily instead of every couple days. All pail reservoirs were dry this morning, still some weight to the pails but not enough to keeps these ladies happy. :morenutes: we're given at about 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon to each.

Let's start with Tracey#3 she is starting to stretch still not as much as thought she should have, she is moving toward the light. Flowers are producing nicely, some pink hairs are showing on the flowers.

I have taken lots of pictures, let me know what you think of them. I'm trying to take at different angles, with and without shadows, close ups. I would love to use my good camera but I have no way to get them to this iPad, so for now these will have to do.
image10166.jpeg
image10167.jpeg
image10168.jpeg

Tracey#2, I really like this girl her buds are going to be pretty awesome I think. All the branches pointing up are starting to fill in with flowers. I don't think she is going to like staying in the 2.5 gallon pot, I just wanted to see the difference in root growth and plant growth between 2.5 and 5 gallon pails.
image10170.jpeg
image10171.jpeg
image10172.jpeg
image10173.jpeg

Blueberry
This girl has really grown all shoots coming from the middle are almost caught up with the outside branches. I am still tying branches down as they pull up towards the light.
image10174.jpeg

I will be back with more updates from day 17 of flower, but first I am going to roll a fatty and take my 2 Rotti's out for a run. We do about 5km through bush, fields all along a winding creek. It doesn't get any better then this!:peace:

Im back from my walk with the dogs, I checked the girls and now time for an update.
Day 17 of flower cont.........

The CKS WW, she has started to go vertical. I was wondering, should I be pulling all those vertical branches down again and make her go horizontal (these are the secondary branches with tops from the main stem that was tied down in veg) or just leave her alone and let her fill out those tops?
I don't want to mess with her to much, but a few extra tops could never hurt :laughtwo::laughtwo:
Here she is but not very camera happy.
image10179.jpeg
image10178.jpeg

She's in the back right corner below
image10180.jpeg

The Blueberry clone in flower is coming along, a little spindly lol. Nothing has been done to her, just going to let her be.
image10181.jpeg

The 2 CKS WW clones, nothing has been done to these either, just letting them be. One has took off the other I'm still waiting.
image10182.jpeg

Ok out of the flower room and to the cloner cabinet we go......
First off 5 of the 6 Green Crack didnt make it very long, the stems turned all mushy, the leaves and stems shrivelled up. No picture taken of those we need not remember.:3
The only GC remaining bottom right in pic below.
image10187.jpeg

Ok so I have been playing around with the 2 blueberry clones and the third WW clone in veg. These cuttings were taken Feb.19 along with the blueberry and WW clones that are in flower.
I have pinched these a while back and bent them over to promote more branches, also every branch that has come up has been topped (I tried to FIM, you will see some cut leaves where I tried) but we will call it topping until we see more then 2 tops. (you can see all the new tops coming out) these will all be topped again and most likely a third time.

Blueberry clone in veg topped in several locations.
image10188.jpeg
image10189.jpeg
image10190.jpeg
image10191.jpeg

Blueberry clone #2 in veg topped in several locations.
image10192.jpeg
image10193.jpeg
image10194.jpeg
image10195.jpeg

WW clone in veg topped in several locations
image10197.jpeg
image10198.jpeg
image10196.jpeg

The other clones are all doing well I will go through those later. I still can't believe I lost 5 out of 6 Green Crack clones those are the only ones that I have lost. That will take a bite out of 100% average for clones.
image10187.jpeg

Here's a couple of the whole flower room
image10199.jpeg
image10200.jpeg

Keep it growing all :peace:

Back
Top Bottom