Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

Highya HM,

Another awesome update. Phase 1 looks so full and green! Phase 2 will look like that soon! You really do well with the scrog setup! Looks like you found your niche! Cheers

Well, it's Hump Day baby so time for the old

HYENA'S GROW HOUSE update!

My how time flies...I was just looking at some baby pictures...

That was 12 weeks ago...now:

Phase One is three weeks into flower today...it seems like the stretch is pretty much over for most of it and it's making some sense now.

Big Bud Bling Tings (God I hate typing that it's such a dumb name) in this grow seem to be the smallest and the stretch hasn't changed that much...looks like I got 3 short and one taller pheno. Nice flowering though:

Most of the plants in this next shot are White Widow, always a hardy plant and this time no exception..

But the stretchiest by far has been the Super Bud!

This shit is going to be productive...there are zillions of bud sites and everything is packing on weight top to bottom. I still don't see any sign of heat distress despite the fact that some blossoms are within 12 inches.

And the "Octopus" as I call it, seems to be a great device...

It just keeps humming along nicely and reliably...such a simple concept but it seriously works...I have long ago lost all sight of the 12 buckets, it's just an impenetrable bush at this point.

So, in Phase Two we see rapid root establishment and aggressive veg growth also taking place...

I started to bend branches, several plants are already well above the SCROG line. As much room as there is, in literally only a few weeks this will all be one hedge too.

The environmental controls have been perfect, reasonably affordable too. I didn't know how much electricity would cost, especially multiplied by A/C, but the first several monthly power bills have been under $300. I can live with these Quantum boards, man they kick ass.

So Phase One is flowering nicely:

Getting fragrant too. I love this part. We are almost 13 weeks into this project and I estimate 5-6 weeks to go. I will still be learning how long these varieties go so who really knows but likely that's the time frame to the chop. I will still have to engineer the drying and curing area, a large walk-in closet adjacent to Phase Two. Still figuring out that plan but I guess I better figure fast since everything has to be ready when the girls are.

As I sit and gaze at these rooms of beauty I am smoking some dynamite Papa OG and some delightful Raspberry Kush.

Pretty high is the answer. We roll on.

Peace, Hyena

Highya HM,

Great looking impenetrable forest! At 3 weeks in flower, those pistils are big (at least they seem like that to me). Yeah, that's quite a mass!! Is that space bigger than your previous attic? Watching with anticipation! Cheers

Highya HM,

Great looking impenetrable forest! At 3 weeks in flower, those pistils are big (at least they seem like that to me). Yeah, that's quite a mass!! Is that space bigger than your previous attic? Watching with anticipation! Cheers

Thanks brother...

Actually, this space is 3 times bigger (35 square feet in the attic lab, literally 100 square feet in each tent.)

Using, by my best estimate, about 60-70% of the space.

It's so cool. :cool:

Peace, Hyena

Yours is the grow I look forward to and is the Olympiad amongst the weekend warrior part time gymnasts. Wonderful garden and stunning growth. ( I truly don't mean offense by this but to say how far above the rest this grow here is, plus I have no want to look at autoflowers :yummy:)

Keep us posted, Hyena.

Yours is the grow I look forward to and is the Olympiad amongst the weekend warrior part time gymnasts. Wonderful garden and stunning growth. ( I truly don't mean offense by this but to say how far above the rest this grow here is, plus I have no want to look at autoflowers :yummy:)

Keep us posted, Hyena.

WOW, thanks brother, a lot of work and time starting to pay off, it seems. But I won't be counting my chickens until they are frying in the pan, (or bong actually). :bong:

Stay tuned!

Peace, Hyena

Hey Hyena,

I just registered to tell you that yours are by far the best grow journals I've read in the past 15 years! Thanks!
Personally I hope to be able to start again with growing next year! :ganjamon:

That means a lot to me my new friend...thank you.

I hope you will stick around for the BUD show that is about to come!

I have found growing Cannabis to be like many endeavors in life...easy to do, but hard to do well.

I was inspired and entertained, and learned a lot, from many grow journals here at 420 mag. I started doing my own thing and learned along the way.

The only real way to do this is a step at a time in my opinion. It is better to grow a couple plants to full maturity, learning as you go, before trying anything bigger because it's complicated and the most important thing to develop is simply a "feel" for what plants need...and that comes mostly from time. You may severely damage or even kill your first plants. So many elements are crucial to optimal growth and any of them can be fricked up and many probably will. You will learn the most from failure. I have!

Yet amazingly, even the most abused and improperly raised cannabis plants usually somehow still survive and produce some buds. So it's a rewarding hobby even when you completely screw it up. :ganjamon:

Good seeds are the most important thing. No sense doing all that work for crappy weed.

I wish you the best and if I can ever help you with an answer or two let me know.

Peace, Hyena

I do agree, a friend of mine recently started growing and did autos 2 times: a complete waste of time and money, real crappy weed! Of course I'll enjoy the bud show mate! :Rasta:

I've never ran an auto but I'd be extremely pissed to grow any plant for 85-95+ total days only to wind up with 30-50 grams of bud on it. What a waste of time, energy, and MONEY. I can't stand how autoflower genetics are sweeping in on everything, and I'm even somewhat biased and against all this feminization and amateur breeders releasing seeds. Meh, get off my lawn!

true, he did 2 cycles and both times ended up with a nice harvest weight but weed that doesn't get you high

so I insisted and then he did 2 runs, first with Tangerine Dream and then with Liberty Haze from Barney's. Now he's starting a new run with Phantom OG again from Barney's and Super Lemon Haze from GHS...

Personally I want to try Humboldt seeds , looks like they have great genetics!

I guess the question is, what do you consider a "nice harvest weight" per plant? If the weed isn't getting you high, he's possibly harvesting it way too early cause folks do grow those two particular strains around these parts and seem to enjoy them quite well. I just refuse to grow a plant that only puts out maybe 2 ounces on it, when I can squeeze a pound out of two plants under a 600 watt HPS. Forgot to mention, those autos usually run at least a week or two past what the seedbank says, they may say 85 days from seed and still need to run 105 days to ripen and at best still put out 50 grams, when you could start a heavy yielder like Chronic or Big Bud variants, veg for 30-40 days, flower for 55 days and get half a pound per plant.

If the seedbank ends up sending free autos I've thought about just running them 1 or 2 at a time in the vegetative room under 24 hour light, but they'd never get into the flower tents. :p Anyway, glad to see a newcomer join in here, and I won't take up more space in Hyena's Grow Havana.

Can't wait for this next couple updates!

Back
Top Bottom