Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More

So just wanted to pop in to let you know that the girl I sprayed STS on 3 weeks ago is shooting out pollen like crazy already.

Thats really good to know. I hope that this run is a success too :)

Hi Icemud! Like the project! Im following this journal now!! You work with some very intresting strains. Great infos! Nicely done so far!!

Hey Wizz, Welcome!

Should be a fun journal this round, have plenty of projects going on and really curious to see how these Xmas Bud plants do :) Thanks for stopping by...I update about 1x per week or so :)

Hey Everyone!!!! Happy 420!!!!

I will put a more detailed update with photos together either tonight after work or tomorrow. My fem seed project with STS is under way and now near the end of week 2 of flowering :) No signs of flowers popping just yet but should be any day.

The Pine Tar Kush grow is going good, but still have quite a long veg in front of me yet.

Everyone have a great 420!

Hey All!!!

Hope everyone had a great 420!!! Mine was exactly what I wanted after a long week at work. I came home, made some good food, and smoked and relaxed which was what I was looking forward to :) I did manage to wear my green cannabis leaf socks for work on friday to secretly celebrate...LOL

I also went to my first fully "legal" dispensary under the new california laws on 420... and to be completely honest I wasn't impressed. I've been to 100's of dispensaries under the old medical prop 215 laws, but none of the new "recreational use" ones so I decided to go into the uncharted waters to visit and see what was going on. Well lets say 420 is defininetly not the day to go to a dispensary.. it was packed and I must have waited 40 minutes before I got help which sucked...lol The cannabis was no longer in big jars where you could smell them and would get your bud weighed out directly in front of you.. now they have sample jars in which you smell and choose from, and then you get a prepackaged jar with logos and all on it, similar to buying a face cream product jar..lol ehhhh give me the old days back..LOL anyhow the prices were absolutely ridiculous and where before prop 64 kicked in, top shelf premium buds were like $35 an 1/8 which was the going price, now they sell BOOF at $35 1/8 and their top shelf is $50-60 an 1/8.. yikes!!! and not to mention when you get to the register that price of $50 an 1/8 actually is without taxes, so then you get an additional 25% almost added to the price... yea...no thank you! won't be going back to the legal market anytimes soon. Blessed to be able to grow my own!

So the 79 Xmas Bud project is well going just how it should be, as it is just vegging along. Still showing deficiencies which tells me its time to start getting rid of my old soil and starting to plan on using some new stuff soon. Its been about 2-3 years on this soil, so definitely time to get some new soil soon and start it cooking to be ready for the clones I will need to take in a month or 2. Probably will go the promix route since I seem to have good luck with it for the most part. Maybe I'll even give Docs kit a try finally... we will see :)

The current feminized seed project is now on day 10 of flowering so I am just starting to see a few of the strains pop pistils. I have been spraying the trainwreck 1x every 5 days with STS and that is it. NO more, NO less :) I wish I could do the 2x per day once a week method, but the way I have my lights set up I really don't want to be waking up a 4am to spray my plants and then going back to sleep for 2 hours so I am just doing it 1x per every 5 days which I read somewhere is about how long the single spray lasts of STS. Hoping to see some sacks soon by the end of the week or by next weekend.

The trainwreck that is getting sprayed with STS:

Well not much else to share, here are some photos of the 79 Xmas Bud project:

Here is the '79 Xmas Bud

Hey Ice! Looking good in here! Give Doc's Kit a try, you will love it!

:passitleft:

I definitely will in the near future, who knows, may be sooner than planned :) the hydro store in my city closed recently so they had all their nutrients at like 50% off, so I stocked up plus bought a few new lines I've never run so deciding whether to use up the earthjuice, or go synthetic to see what its like in soil (got the whole house and garden line) or to just put it all on hold and use docs kit...

I haven't run Docs kit yet because I have so much going on and with my 5 gallon pots and seed projects lined up I didn't want to rush it with his kit.. so I may hold off until I knock a few more seed projects and then we will see, but anything is possible too :)

Hey Ice have you ever run Jacked up or Vortex by TGA? I want to run one of those 2 next.

Actually never have... I had a chance years ago to run a clone of Vortex but chose others instead.

So I'm going to spill the beans... haha, no pun intended... or was it..LOL

Anyhow, Hazeman is running a 420 sale on his gear, and there is a LOT of choices. If you have IG, go to InfinityGenetics and you will see the post, with instructions on how to order and see what he has. I promise the price is excellent and the choices, lets just say I wish I had more money :)

I have so far avoided any of the 4/20 sales. I have looked really hard at some packs but I had to pass them up. I have so many seeds now that I have no idea when i will get to. It is crazy trying to work through them. It takes me so long to veg plants from seed that it is unrealistic for me to keep any of my keepers AND run through my seed stash lol! Im going to go look at that deal anyways though :high-five:

I have so far avoided any of the 4/20 sales. I have looked really hard at some packs but I had to pass them up. I have so many seeds now that I have no idea when i will get to. It is crazy trying to work through them. It takes me so long to veg plants from seed that it is unrealistic for me to keep any of my keepers AND run through my seed stash lol! Im going to go look at that deal anyways though :high-five:

How many packs did you buy? Ha! :rofl:

I'm going with Jacked up. I just hate doing regs since I have to make clones for the number I want and then sex it. Hopefully I get a female out of the 2 I'll germ and then I'll just make a few extra clones to make fem seeds of the strain.

Yea I know the feeling, I've moved from hording clones to now hording both seeds and clones...LOL The way I look at it, I'm going to keep the clones I have and for each pack of seeds I pop, do a round of open pollenation with my clones, that way not only am I making more seeds of the stock pack, but also making anywhere from 8-10 other crosses too in the process :)

I have a feeling the more the industry becomes commercialized, the more likely these genetics will start to disappear, and as the older age breeders start to disappear I fear some of these wonderful genetics will too. A lot of the new "popular" genetics seem to just be so similar to each other, there is little to look forward to, I mean how many OG Kushes, or cookies varieties do we need, they are almost all the same...LOL I'm after those rare variations that haven't appeared yet :)

Glad you checked out that 420 deal, I ended up spending a few hundred on seeds and have like 8 or 9 different strains coming :) I tried to stick to 2 catigories, either rare landrace varieties that have been rather unworked, or unique terp profiles and good bud formation and have quite the selection coming :) so excited!

Now if I can only get through these darn veg periods faster :) lol

I will reveal what I purchased once they arrive, which should be in about a week :)

Back
Top Bottom