I'm Back! - Growlow's Perpetual Organic Garden!

Breeding is confusing enough to me that it's not possible to make it worse, but no, that part didn't confuse me at all. :laughtwo:

I'd like to watch you do a field of plants for a big-ass hunt too. Think of the fun you'd have!

I'm sub'd in like the floor under your floor...lol
I am pulling up a seat if you don't mind.
Like a theatre in here...exciting!:thanks:

Hahah oh man I used to work in construction in my early 20's... you took me back for real! Made me chuckle too ;) I like the way your block rock's! :thanks:

Breeding is confusing enough to me that it's not possible to make it worse, but no, that part didn't confuse me at all. :laughtwo:

I'd like to watch you do a field of plants for a big-ass hunt too. Think of the fun you'd have!

Any fields near where you're headed Sue? Maybe we could collab ;) You take one half I'll take the other. Together we could definitely find something special :thumb: If you would like to know of an inexpensive text which is great at explaining breeding in detail pick yourself up a copy of the Cannabis Bredders Bible by Greg Green. Really is worth its weight. Costs about $20 I think and a reliable resource :Namaste:

Hey Growlow. Excellent information on breeding and how your strain came to be. I, too, am a Washington resident and Designated Provider for a patient friend of mine. What do you think of the law change in July? I'm just worried about the limits as I'm not too familiar with just how much I can have. Just curious what you think. Sorry to take things off topic.

Hey Growlow. Excellent information on breeding and how your strain came to be. I, too, am a Washington resident and Designated Provider for a patient friend of mine. What do you think of the law change in July? I'm just worried about the limits as I'm not too familiar with just how much I can have. Just curious what you think. Sorry to take things off topic.

Can I get a drum roll please!?!?!? Prepare your eyes for a rant!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That's better. Before recreation came to fruition in Washington there were a lot of unofficial groups posing as representatives for the future of Cannabis in Washington. Essentially most are in the lower echelon of politics. I was on the board of 2 of these groups for a small period of time. The ever present ego boosting and self centered agendas are what led me to leave all of them as I saw where things were headed.

The L.C.C.B is making laws and establishing infrastructure in an industry with the exact blueprint application used toward the Alcohol Industry in Washington. It's an absolute HYPOCRISY! to enforce that recreational stores do not refer to their product as medicine regardless of the endless data proving otherwise. Furthermore to insist the small number of collective trying to stay alive have to purchase a licence to purchase through the recreational entities. So they have Producers and Processor making a product with the only intention being maximizing volume without any care as to the well being of the plants and extracts they are producing.

You may be familiar with Dama genetics out here in WA. They just got fined HARD for being found using pesticides and were barred for a time. They ended up causing the L.C.C.B to make some over night emergency law changes regarding testing and treatment of the plants being produced and processed under I-502

I have every intention or requesting from my Dr that i be able to grow 15 plants for myself. As I have a rotation and specific genetics that help my condition for different times of day, events and work. I am also going to encourage the person I'm a primary caregiver for to do the same. The decrease in plants allowed is ridiculous. To decrease it by more than 50% is an injustice. They're worried about the black market being influenced by the number of trees grown just goes to show you how ignorant and
incompetent the board members of the L.C.C.B are. I made a proposal that was almost passed but was rejected for whatever the reason. I proposed that Medical be transferred to a delivery based system. Licensed and regulated by a handful of collectives with a positive track record in regards to paying employee and state taxes (You'd be surprised how many don't and get away with it and are now running recreational shops). I even designed a security protocol and employee training platform. Which they loved and have offered to by the rights to them from me. My proposal was not bias as I have not got a collective to my name even though I've worked with running and making a good amount in Washington.

So come July I'm hoping there is no change to my garden!

Glad to know you're local mate :)

What pissed me off is I am illegal if I harvest 2 or 3 big plants. 6oz dried? dude I plan on harvesting twice that my first harvest. Does that mean I have to dry and cure 6 oz at my buddies house and 6 oz at my house? I live on the eastern part of the state and they have passed a law prohibiting the sale of recreational cannabis. So, if you want to get some medicine, you have to drive at least 30 minutes. You pay top $ for inferior product. That's exactly why I am growing. My buddy can't leave his living room, much less the county. How is that guy supposed to get his meds? He gets them delivered now. I'm all for capitalism but in this case, it is going to hurt people just because some recreational owners are mad because the medical dispensaries aren't paying the 40% tax they are. Poor, sick people don't have lobbyist in Olympia.

Changing laws takes a lot of $$$. Not much else seems to enter into it. :(

Pulling up a quiet chair in the back row.:high-five: Nice journal and video updates Growlow, keep up the good work sir!:bravo:

What pissed me off is I am illegal if I harvest 2 or 3 big plants. 6oz dried? dude I plan on harvesting twice that my first harvest. Does that mean I have to dry and cure 6 oz at my buddies house and 6 oz at my house? I live on the eastern part of the state and they have passed a law prohibiting the sale of recreational cannabis. So, if you want to get some medicine, you have to drive at least 30 minutes. You pay top $ for inferior product. That's exactly why I am growing. My buddy can't leave his living room, much less the county. How is that guy supposed to get his meds? He gets them delivered now. I'm all for capitalism but in this case, it is going to hurt people just because some recreational owners are mad because the medical dispensaries aren't paying the 40% tax they are. Poor, sick people don't have lobbyist in Olympia.

When people talk to me about recreation in Washington in an excited manor my heart sinks. I then have to explain the quality of the product and how much they charge. Everything is very narrow sighted. If anyone from the IRS was involved in that board they sure as F*&% would have approved my proposal. We were able to access the number of Medical Patients in WA and then reduced that number by 25% that would potentially use a delivery to home basis, ended up making the state an extra 100mil+ in tax annually.

Changing laws takes a lot of $$$. Not much else seems to enter into it. :(

Sure takes a lot. Mostly because those making the laws are busy figuring out how to siphon that money into their own pockets

Pulling up a quiet chair in the back row.:high-five: Nice journal and video updates Growlow, keep up the good work sir!:bravo:

That's very kind of ya CM! Glad to have you aboard mate. Hope you have some stock to get stuck in, sit back and relax my mate ;)

When people talk to me about recreation in Washington in an excited manor my heart sinks. I then have to explain the quality of the product and how much they charge. Everything is very narrow sighted. If anyone from the IRS was involved in that board they sure as F*&% would have approved my proposal. We were able to access the number of Medical Patients in WA and then reduced that number by 25% that would potentially use a delivery to home basis, ended up making the state and extra 100mil+ in tax annually.

Sure takes a lot. Mostly because those making the laws aree busy figuring out how to siphon that money into their own pockets

That's very kind of ya CM! Glad to have you aboard mate. Hope you have some stock to get stuck in, sit back and relax my mate ;)

I'm sorry I got you worked up GL. I get worked up too. People should be infuriated but they only see that it's legal and then get in line and happily buy the crap some of these places are selling. Don't even get me started on how they have screwed the system up when it comes to getting prescribed mmj. You have to jump through a million hoops and pay for a bunch of tests to get approved now. It's easier to just become a provider.

CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA CHANGES
(David Bowie reference for those who are wondering what the?)

So since it has been over 2 years since I started posting journals on this fantastic forum and meeting all of the incredible individuals I've met on here; it's time for me to actually do a journal properly. I have just hired new staff in my company which has freed me up tremendously. This allows me to do daily journal entries. So from here on out you guys can expect detailed photo loaded updates with lots of tutorial and instruction into every single method I use. Feel free to give input if you know of a different way of doing things. I'm of no mind to be one who can't take criticism regardless if it's accurate or not.

UPDATE MAY 22ND 2016

As I typically am in my garden between the hours of 12am-5am my updates will be in the day time/Afternoon when the girls are sleeping.

Last night started with the intention of taking clones in flower. I know I previously mentioned doing a monstercropping demonstration. Usually the standard timing for this is aiming for 1/3 to 1/2 way through the given plants growth cycle. They take much longer to root than a cut from Veg but end up with incredibly dense growth. I didn't want to wait that long and as a precautionary measure decided to take cuts and put them into rapid rooters using a solution of 1000ml (4 cups of water) that had 4x 4inx2in Aloe stems mixed in and pH balanced to 5.5 with organic lemon juice. When taking cuts I like to use the best blade I can access. For me that is my hand crafted Japanese Kitchen knife. After I take cuts they go straight into a jar with the pH water and are labelled with the tape you see in the photo. Before entering the plugs they go into the organic honey as a replacement for cloning gel.
20160521_224053.jpg

Oh and for those wondering the stone in the photo is one of the rarest in the world and comes from my tribes land in the Marlborough Sounds New Zealand. It is called Pakohe. I have a carved piece the size of my thumb around my neck which was about $400. I simply share that so you all have a reference to its monetary value. For me that's not important. Things that are of my people and our land don't have a monetary value. We are custodians and are there to protect it. I have many pieces that I keep with me as I will carve pieces for my children to wear. This big chunk will sit in the res and charge my plants with some good energy!

I digress. I was in the garden and stumbled across an old EZ cloner I had completely forgotten about so the gears had to change a little but not a lot.

20160521_230939.jpg

So out to the flower room I went and chippity chop chop I had myself a jar full of girls. I take cuts from lower shoots that give me plenty of room to play with.

20160522_024206.jpg

As you can see I'm somewhat short on room in the temporary Veg room. If you need a refresher then I whipped this lil doozey up for ya ;)

20160522_024214.jpg

That sickly light yellow coloured plant you see is an Aloe pup gifted to me by my neighbour. Not in the best condition but just you wait I'll bring it back to fighting form! If you need a refresher on who is who and where they are

Top left quadrant - TGA's Professor Chaos (Discontinued strain... one of the many they dropped over the years because it didn't sell)
Top right quadrant - White Widow.. supposedly an original cut from Shantibaba himself. I've made some special friends in this industry.
Top Middle - Snowcap LA and another White Widow.

The smaller plants in the middle which you can't really see in this shot are the two Charlottes Web cuts and the Gogi OG.

The smaller pots front right are the 5 Elephant Stomper seeds that I popped.

The solo cups in the middle are the BlackBerry Soda F1 seeds

The solo cups front left are the El Diablo Kush clones from the dying mother I spoke of earlier in my video updates!

So since there are no plugs in this premature MonsterCropping; They are going straight into the EZ cloner. Which I placed on top of my 50gal drum. As there was really nowhere else for it to go.

20160522_024245.jpg

But before they go in they get a dip in the Organic Honey you saw previously photographed.

20160522_041217.jpg

I take a cut at 45 degrees at a node at least 4-5 from the top and shave the base of the cut slightly to increase the surface in which roots will grow. While it sits in the honey I trim up the leaves. Leaving no more than two of the fan leaves. Then into it's home in the EZ cloner. Here is a shot of them all domed in :)

20160522_032420.jpg

As I cut at only 12 days into strains that all typically flower in 56.. I don't expect them to really respond like a typical monstercropped cut. We shall see though. This will be a great experiment to see exactly how these cuts produce when they do root!

Hope you all are happy with the new change in the garden. Thanks for stopping by!

Late Edit: The solo cups on the floor you can kinda see in the middle are just more of the El Diablo cuts

I'm sorry I got you worked up GL. I get worked up too. People should be infuriated but they only see that it's legal and then get in line and happily buy the crap some of these places are selling. Don't even get me started on how they have screwed the system up when it comes to getting prescribed mmj. You have to jump through a million hoops and pay for a bunch of tests to get approved now. It's easier to just become a provider.

Nothing to apologize for mate ;) It's all good! The occasional rant is good for the soul :Namaste:

Well, another educator driven to share. Good to hear you've freed up more time. Obviously, we get to benefit from that. Thank you for the time and effort to help us become better at the Art of Cultivation. Reps for that post. :battingeyelashes:

Well, another educator driven to share. Good to hear you've freed up more time. Obviously, we get to benefit from that. Thank you for the time and effort to help us become better at the Art of Cultivation. Reps for that post. :battingeyelashes:

I have a surprise for you in my next update. I really wont go more into it until then ;) Thank you for you kind post. As I may have more hours in a Cannabis orientated garden and maybe know a few extra tricks, you have me beat on your tenacity and relenting force of love you bring to your own garden and all of ours! You and I both are so detailed orientated, the difference is you take the time to cover the details with everyone more consistently. It's something I'm working on improving! See ya when the lights up... over the pacific to be specific hehe

Excellent update! Keep up the great work. Very impressive.

Hey cheers man! Stoked you enjoyed it Noob ;)

"CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA CHANGES
(David Bowie reference for those who are wondering what the?)"

Oh my goodness did I ever get a good laugh at your opening...HAHAHAHA
I could just imagine you acting that out. Can't stop smiling at that one. AND, love the big text, much easier to read for sure.

I'm glad it struck a chord with you my mate :) I started typing the Update and was having a hard time following what I was writing so the enlarged lettering is in part to do with my eyesight!

UPDATE MAY 23RD 2016

So in this Update we'll start in the flower room. I labelled most of my photos so it should be easier to follow. On the previous night I had noticed a few of the strains had some minor Nutrient burn. Nothing they won't recover from. I may have been over compensating for the nutrient depletion caused by that Gnat infestation my wife unintentionally unleashed on my garden and more importantly...the soil. So Let's start with some Aerial views.

20160523_000846.jpg
20160523_000828.jpg

Here are some close ups of some of the gang that experienced some minor Nutrient Burn. Still looking pretty healthy IMO.

20160523_000932.jpg
20160523_000952.jpg
20160523_000958.jpg

This God's Gift I have is like a bloody Spider. I've grown this strain from seed. I remember it not being so strung out and stretchy but maybe I'm confused. It's definitely not acting like an Indica Dominant. Starting to think my mate has mislabeled one of his cuts. I'll have to go back and check my notes.

20160523_001014.jpg

I am REALLY stoked about the F1's from my BlackBerry Soda breeding (Black Cherry Soda x BlackBerry BX Male) The 3 girls are all very consistent. The first signs of a solid breeding.

20160523_001137.jpg
20160523_001208.jpg
20160523_001151.jpg

The King is getting his Crown crested!

20160523_000656.jpg

Now we'll shoot over to the Veg room where I have named all the girls. I like giving the girls names. I go in and talk to the girls, and sing to them with my guitar. Have my own lil concert and take requests ;)

20160523_001719.jpg

20160523_001815.jpg

You may notice a pattern in the way in which I name the girls. They all have names starting with the letter their strain starts with. So for my SnowCap La I just went with the first name that came to mind :laughtwo:

20160523_001738.jpg

The rest of the BlackBerry Soda F1 seedlings brothers and sisters are getting ready to join them. They're going to need bigger bedrooms soon. Think they're tired of bunking together :)

20160523_001824.jpg

Along with the BBS F1's these El Diablo Kush are more than ready for a transplant. The conveyor belt continues to breeze on by.

20160523_001829.jpg

Another daily update done and dusted. I hope you are all healthy and happy!

LATE EDIT: Don't mind the residue on the leaves on some of the girls. I should have done a foliar rinse after the initial foliar spray. Made up of the same concentrations used for cloning. Aloe + filtered water. The only extra thing in there is a quarter teaspoon of Sea-90. Oh and it's pH'd to around 6.2.

I also forgot to get a photo of Winter the 5th White Widow. Opps!

Back
Top Bottom