In The Lab

I believe your water softener is the problem, if it's ion exchange. They use sodium to catch calcium and magnesium ions I believe. Doc definately knows more about this.

If that's the case the sodium content in the water will cause the Landrace to seem overfed regardless of how little drench you give it. I think they are the most sensitive to salt.

Plush berry being the hybrid likely doesn't mind

I believe your water softener is the problem, if it's ion exchange. They use sodium to catch calcium and magnesium ions I believe. Doc definately knows more about this.

If that's the case the sodium content in the water will cause the Landrace to seem overfed regardless of how little drench you give it. I think they are the most sensitive to salt.

Plush berry being the hybrid likely doesn't mind

The filter is installed before the softener. The water the plants get never gets softened. I had them install a hose bib on the intake before it gets to the softener for that exact reason. The plumber was all confused and couldn't understand why I wanted such a thing lol.

The filter is installed before the softener. The water the plants get never gets softened. I had them install a hose bib on the intake before it gets to the softener for that exact reason. The plumber was all confused and couldn't understand why I wanted such a thing lol.

Must have been hilarious trying to make an excuse, or avoid the subject.

Edit: got a chance to look at your water report. Your TDS is 576 and alkalinity of 135. What kind of filter are you using? With water that hard, you need an RO system.

Ok read your posts again, that tall boy filter is only sediment and chlorine/chloramine filter. Not RO. Guaranteed your problem is the water you are using.

Yup, best I can follow them. When I do sprays they get 2ml of spray to two oz of distilled water and then drenches I usually do about 6ml of drench with 1-2ml of tea in filtered water for the three plants and tried to follow the schedule.

My plushberry is doing fantastic and nothing is different between them except I started feeding the amazonias a little less drench and a bit lighter on the sprays also when you first advised they were getting over fed.

This link has the best pics I have until the lights come on tonight. If you scroll down to the amazonias you can see the start of what I am talking about in the last couple pics. I got the one that was looking bad in these pics to calm down and it hasn't got worse but the other amazonia has acted up now and has lots of rusty spotted leaves. The catdrench seemed to kick their ass. I will post more pics in here tonight once they wake up.

Thanks all!

Linky
SmokeyMcFly's Plushberry & WOS Brazil Amazonia HighBrix LED Grow

Yeah....that Amazonia has a root problem. If it was me, I'd cull it. That's the kind of plant that gets rot.

Like you said, the Plushberries are doing great....sometimes it just happens.

Edit: got a chance to look at your water report. Your TDS is 576 and alkalinity of 135. What kind of filter are you using? With water that hard, you need an RO system.

Ok read your posts again, that tall boy filter is only sediment and chlorine/chloramine filter. Not RO. Guaranteed your problem is the water you are using.

Yep. Nice Tav.

No RO, just a water softener? You've got lockout of base cations due to OD on sodium from the water softener.....which is another way of saying the roots are cooked due to OD on sodium.

If there's no RO and just a softener.

My water that is being fed to the plants is NOT going through the water softener. I had them specially put in a hose bib before the water softener because I knew not to feed them with the softened water.

I do not have the RO just the 5 micron sed filter and the chloramine/chlorine filter. I can add an RO to it if its necessary and it sounds like it might be. Here is the exact filter I have, hope im not breaking any rules by linking it, if so sorry in advance.

Tall Boy w/ KDF85 Catalytic Carbon Filter | Hydro Supplies from Rogue Hydro

My water that is being fed to the plants is NOT going through the water softener. I had them specially put in a hose bib before the water softener because I knew not to feed them with the softened water.

I do not have the RO just the 5 micron sed filter and the chloramine/chlorine filter. I can add an RO to it if its necessary and it sounds like it might be. Here is the exact filter I have, hope im not breaking any rules by linking it, if so sorry in advance.

Tall Boy w/ KDF85 Catalytic Carbon Filter | Hydro Supplies from Rogue Hydro

I'm glad to hear you aren't running soft water! I read your water report and that water isn't the best either. Like Tav said, that's probably the issue.

Thanks guys. I am going to finish these out. They are not all that bad and I don't have the next round ready to go anyway so what I get off them will be better then nothing. I will post some pics of the trouble plants tonight and get an RO unit asap.

Thanks guys. I am going to finish these out. They are not all that bad and I don't have the next round ready to go anyway so what I get off them will be better then nothing. I will post some pics of the trouble plants tonight and get an RO unit asap.

If you just went to the store and bought a few gallons of distilled and flushed them, you'd probably buy a few weeks of good Cation Exchange. Maybe chase the flush with an Growth Energy/Tea drench.

Thanks Doc. I was just thinking I needed to run out and get some RO water and do just that until I can get my filter. I thought I was done dragging water home from the store lol....

Lol it was interesting. Finally I was like I want it to water my garden and he was like you already have a hose bib right outside so I had to play it off like I didn't like leaving my hose siting on the outside of my house. Even though I am legal I still try and keep it secret as much as possible.

Luckily I can get an add on kit to turn my tallboy into an RO unit for around a 100 bucks so thats not bad. Thanks for the help, much appreciated and now that you bring it up it totally makes sense. The one that is doing the worst needs watered more then the other and I gave it a good "flushing" when it started looking bad and that made things a lot worse. Little did I know I was just dumping more of the problem in...

Edit maybe not, they have the conversion kit listed on the website but no one that looks legit has it for sale. I emailed the company to see wtf is going on with it. I will have to just grab a normal RO and run the tallboy as a prefilter for it if I cant get the conversion kit. :/

Here is what she looks like.

IMAG07206.jpg
IMAG07228.jpg
IMAG07234.jpg
IMAG07245.jpg

Re: "In the Lab" with Doc Bud

Hey Doc, how long does it roughly take for seeds to start flowering if grown right from 12-12(never done this before)? So I can figure out when I should transplant and if I should give one or two drenches. I'll be starting in 1 gallon then upsizing to 5 gallon. Thanks

Re: "In the Lab" with Doc Bud

Hey Doc, how long does it roughly take for seeds to start flowering if grown right from 12-12(never done this before)? So I can figure out when I should transplant and if I should give one or two drenches. I'll be starting in 1 gallon then upsizing to 5 gallon. Thanks

It really depends on the strain, but most are going to veg for 30-45 days from germination before you see the flowering hormones kick in.

Hey doc, I'm going to start growing in CO and I'm trying to budget everything, and if you couldn't tell, I'm pretty siked about High Brix!

I'm curious about the price of your kit, but even more importantly the sustainability factor. Do I need a whole new kit every time I harvest? From what I understand about high brix, reusing soil through 4-7 harvests improves brix. How does this work with your kit from harvest to harvest?

Thanks sir! You are doing God's work.

-BrixKling

Hey doc, I'm going to start growing in CO and I'm trying to budget everything, and if you couldn't tell, I'm pretty siked about High Brix!

I'm curious about the price of your kit, but even more importantly the sustainability factor. Do I need a whole new kit every time I harvest? From what I understand about high brix, reusing soil through 4-7 harvests improves brix. How does this work with your kit from harvest to harvest?

-BrixKling

Kit is very reusable. Curso is on round six. Lots of journals with tons of info. Check docs high brix q & a. Some real long threads, but truly a wealth of information and kit experience.

-BrixKling

Check your PM's.

Depending on the size of your grow you could get a new "kit" every time, OR......after you try it out and decide you want to continue, but everything in bulk. You can save a substantial amount of money that way, but it makes no sense in a micro-grow.

People growing 6 plants perpetually would benefit from bulk, under that amount just the kit and possibly some larger sizes of a few components makes the most sense.

Back
Top Bottom