In The Lab

Considering most of us do this hobby on a shoestring budget, it's nice to have options.

If you check one of the major nutrient companies and price their "bundle" or "kit" you'll find that the High Brix kit is about half the cost or less.

For example, I just got done doing a search and the Advanced Nutrients "Hobbyist Bundle" is 174.00, discounted. But it says this:

This bundle is designed to use in conjunction with one of the three Ph / PPM Perfect base nutrients
Micro, Grow & Bloom
Sensi Bloom 2 part
Connoisseur 2 Part

The Hobbyist Bundle Includes
B52 1 liter
Bigbud 1 liter
Voodoo Juice 1 liter
Overdrive 1 liter

And of course, it doesn't include the
Micro 16.00
Grow 37.92
Bloom 11.86
Sensi 31.20
Connoisseur. 105.48

So....if you wanted to get the SMALLEST amount of the top-of-the-line AN.....which looks like it could grow maybe 2 cycles based on the feeding schedule you'll spend:

279.48 + Shipping.

The cost of 2 kits? 170.00...shipping included.
Bulk High Brix supplies that could go 6-10 cycles? Approximately 300, shipping included.

So, the budget conscious grower would do VERY well to consider my products as opposed to "industry leaders."

I didn't price H and G....but I know they're way more expensive.

It's been a while since I added anything new to this thread.....new instructions are coming soon. Nothing too different, just some clarifications.

Pruning:

I prune 2-3 times during the lifecycle of the plant:

1. Early veg. I often top in order to get 3-6 main colas, depending on what I'm working with.
2. clean up for bloom
3. clean up in mid bloom

When pruning there are a couple things to remember:

Hormones are at the apical meristem, or highest top of the plant. Do NOT cut the apical meristem on a flowering plant!

Also, do not make clones of plants that have 3 bladed leaves or show other signs of stress. Wait till you get 5 bladed leaves (or more) before pruning.

Use pruning as an opportunity to make clones AND test brix.

Here's a Champagne getting the clean up for bloom.

Before

Picture_010174.jpg

After

Picture_011159.jpg

This plant will go into bloom in a week or sooner. Brix was tested: 12, which is excellent for a vegging plant. The trimmings went into my barrel of "rescue" soil.

Doc im almost ready to start cooking, just waiting for castings, the kit got here just fine and safe! I have the correct Pro-Mix, and I even have a cement mixer!!! I can say this, I have never been so excited to turn that thing on in my life!! I hated pouring concrete, but I cant believe how excited I am for worm castings to get here and use my mixer again for something OTHER that pouring concrete :)

Doc im almost ready to start cooking, just waiting for castings, the kit got here just fine and safe! I have the correct Pro-Mix, and I even have a cement mixer!!! I can say this, I have never been so excited to turn that thing on in my life!! I hated pouring concrete, but I cant believe how excited I am for worm castings to get here and use my mixer again for something OTHER that pouring concrete :)

Nice! Just make sure that sucker is clean.

as im a x mason i can understand the hatred you have for not only concrete but the mixer as well.. we had a old grandfather (kept in the family) mixer that you hauled behind a truck thing weighed i swear 200lbs when cleaned out. was the main reason that triggered my nerve damage in my spine. i do not miss construction at all, love doing my own projects all though.

I&i

I have been on a cleaning rampage!! My backyard "where my office is located" is a patio backyard, I have bushes on the parameter but its all concrete with planting beds.. I have been at war cleaning and killing, once I knew how to spot mites, and other pests "TY Guys" I have been on a rampage to cleanse everything, starting with the backyard and then the office, I have laid down 2 spraying's so far about a week apart and was shocked at how many pests I had lurking lol.. So im still bout a week or so from starting to cook, so I should have everything spotless and pest free here shortly hehehe.. I even pulled a tree that was in front of my "office" because it was infested with mites lol, was just too close to the office and not worth the trouble.. hehehe

Hey doc, what does mid bloom "clean up" consist of? Thanks, Btw kits almost here!

Great question! It's better to show it than tell it...but I don't have any mid-bloom pruning to do at the moment, so I'll try to describe it.

I prune from the bottom up, getting the buds that will likely become popcorn off, trimming "suckers" and opening up the middle of the plant so light can penetrate right down to the soil level. I usually do this around the time of the Cat Drench, or a week after once the growth patterns are established. It's amazing how much material comes off, but it increased USEFUL yield.

I have been on a cleaning rampage!! My backyard "where my office is located" is a patio backyard, I have bushes on the parameter but its all concrete with planting beds.. I have been at war cleaning and killing, once I knew how to spot mites, and other pests "TY Guys" I have been on a rampage to cleanse everything, starting with the backyard and then the office, I have laid down 2 spraying's so far about a week apart and was shocked at how many pests I had lurking lol.. So im still bout a week or so from starting to cook, so I should have everything spotless and pest free here shortly hehehe.. I even pulled a tree that was in front of my "office" because it was infested with mites lol, was just too close to the office and not worth the trouble.. hehehe

i didnt realize that mites could thrive outside like they do on the indoors.. i always thought outside night temps and insects kept them down, with no offense im glad i dont live in a area where my outside plants are infested. my worst nightmares are moths and caterpillars, those guys drive me insane. around my area mites can be common on indoor grows though, i like to think of them as the Cancer of the plant world.

I&i

Hey everyone,

I am really enjoying the conversation here, and I totally want it to continue, but can we do the personal stuff on my Q&A thread? It's been a long time since I've posted new relevant stuff here and I'm going to be doing so and it's easier for people to search if the subject matter is a bit more dense.

Please discuss anything and everything, personal or professional on that thread.

But on this thread, let's keep it about the nuts and bolts of HIgh Brix growing. Please? Thanks everyone!

Doc

Kit is very reusable. Curso is on round six. Lots of journals with tons of info. Check docs high brix q & a. Some real long threads, but truly a wealth of information and kit experience.

Check your PM's.

Depending on the size of your grow you could get a new "kit" every time, OR......after you try it out and decide you want to continue, but everything in bulk. You can save a substantial amount of money that way, but it makes no sense in a micro-grow.

People growing 6 plants perpetually would benefit from bulk, under that amount just the kit and possibly some larger sizes of a few components makes the most sense.

If you check one of the major nutrient companies and price their "bundle" or "kit" you'll find that the High Brix kit is about half the cost or less.

For example, I just got done doing a search and the Advanced Nutrients "Hobbyist Bundle" is 174.00, discounted. But it says this:

This bundle is designed to use in conjunction with one of the three Ph / PPM Perfect base nutrients
Micro, Grow & Bloom
Sensi Bloom 2 part
Connoisseur 2 Part

The Hobbyist Bundle Includes
B52 1 liter
Bigbud 1 liter
Voodoo Juice 1 liter
Overdrive 1 liter

And of course, it doesn't include the
Micro 16.00
Grow 37.92
Bloom 11.86
Sensi 31.20
Connoisseur. 105.48

So....if you wanted to get the SMALLEST amount of the top-of-the-line AN.....which looks like it could grow maybe 2 cycles based on the feeding schedule you'll spend:

279.48 + Shipping.

The cost of 2 kits? 170.00...shipping included.
Bulk High Brix supplies that could go 6-10 cycles? Approximately 300, shipping included.

So, the budget conscious grower would do VERY well to consider my products as opposed to "industry leaders."

I didn't price H and G....but I know they're way more expensive.

Thanks so much for the replies! I'm researching a bit early but ON BOARD!

More answers than I asked for...and of course leading to a hundred more questions.

Trying to actually decompress and take the night off so thanks again will be following.

Doc,
I have been reading forums for 5 years and this is the first time I have ever been motivated to post. I am very interested in trying your kit. I have been a hydro guy for years but your plants look ridiculous so I have to move in that direction. Could you PM me so that I could purchase a kit? I don't have enough posts to do it directly. Thanks in advance.

Ya ,looks like by the leaves curling under like that. Everything is "locked" out ,too much sodium. That's usually when growers look at it and think to just give it this...or that....hoping it'l work,while the whole time,it's just the water. Hey Smokey...did you used to get 5g. jugs before,cuz that's all i do. Only gettin for two,though. Rotate three jugs of distilled,at 4.50 per. Can't do an RO unit, and city water ....no way, way too hard,not to mention all the other crap in it. At least ya know now eh... excellent. Cheers.

Hi doc, i did something wrong with my seeds. Only 3 out of 15 came up. They all sprouted but only 3? Where did i go wrong? I used transplant is it possible to mix it to strong? It's beeb 5 day's and nothing breaking ground.

Back
Top Bottom