In The Lab

thanks for the tip Curso & Doc

they have 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 15($35) is all I see on the website.

I have been looking at these. Do they really work as good as they claim? I want to upsize from my 7gall root builders to something a little bigger for my next round so I need to get a couple more pots anyway. Actually now that I think about it the root builders are probably better for recycling soil but these would be so handy during travel times, ugg decisions decisions.

Awesome, really glad you decided to go this route Koncept! :thumb:

Not sure how soon you need to get started but I do know how much an extra month of buying buds from the dispensary can cost. If the 30 day cook time is a problem he had instructions in one of these for a speed cook but if your going that way I think you need to let him know when you order because you need extra roots or something to do it.

I have been looking at these. Do they really work as good as they claim?

Smokey

only been using them for 2 weeks now and they seem OK.

I also bought what I thought was a book, but it's just a few pages he prints out with instructions and tips. Not worth the 7.95.
He did recommend as a Yield Tip in the book, to use perlite to cover 2" above the plate rim. I didn't see that anywhere on line, unless I missed it.

That took almost 2gl of valuable soil space. Had I realized that I would have used less. The HP has a lot in it already.

Next time I will use less perlite. Unless this grow works well, then I'll do the same.

so this kit is only obtainable by you? very nice.. really need to find time to read 52 pages. my weekend is near

i to am interested in buying your kit or making my own. looking forward to this.

I&i

so this kit is only obtainable by you? very nice.. really need to find time to read 52 pages. my weekend is near

i to am interested in buying your kit or making my own. looking forward to this.

I&i

If you want to make your own, try using the soil in your backyard and get that tested. I had a very difficult time finding a commercial potting soil that was capable of being a high brix soil. Sometimes just good 'ole backyard soil is a better place to start. It will be amended and brought up to spec.

The kit is only obtainable by me, because I'm the one who makes them. Sort of a personal passion morphed into helping out a few friends, turned into people finding me on this thread....and it grows some more. I'm sure there will be some changes in late fall.

If everything goes right I'll have a nice Internet store, a few more products, and maybe even a LOWER price on the kit. Crazy, eh?

If you make your own, you'll invest about 400.00 to get to where the kit will get you for 85.00, plus soil and worm castings to a total of 170.00 in areas that have good hydro/grow shops, nurseries, etc. Promix HP is readily available and can even be found at Lowes and Home Depot from time to time. I believe Lowes has it in stock. I get mine from a hydro shop....right around 50 bucks a bale, EWC 30...you get it.

If you recycle the soil, as some of us do, you can save quite a bit of money on soil, just adding a half bale here and there, while keeping the same volume of usable soil. I've got several 40 gallon Rubbermaid barrels full of soil, with dates wriitten on labels. The dates are when the soil is usable, having cooked for 30 days. I haven't bought a new bale of Promix in over 2 months. I've got enough soil on hand for maybe 4 runs....just add a half bale every few months and a bag of EWC now and then......

or

Make this "Rescue Soil" which I'll talk about shortly. It's nothing new really, pretty much what Curso is doing with his soil. I'm using it as an amendment into my recycled soil lately and I'm really likeing what I'm seeing.

I've only got a few plants right now, a couple of which are pretty cool. I'll get back up and running here in a couple weeks and I should have some really cool new things going on.

Anyways, please PM me if you want to talk kit.

Hey Doc,

Is spraying stress helpful on an overfed plant or would it just contribute more to the problem?

Thanks!

It depends on the soil. If the soil is all salted out and you're trying to use a high brix spray.....you'll make it worse. If you're in high brix soil and you make a mistake and overfeed.....after flushing out all the overage, a light spraying is helpful.

The thing to keep in mind with foliar sprays is that mostly they shouldn't be used UNLESS the soil has been tested and the lab is recommending a spray.

I swear I learn something everyday in this thread. I can barely pick my head up off the table with all the new knowledge it's recently absorbed.

p.s. It's also nice to trust someone's knowledge enough that I don't really HAVE to go research everything to corroborate it. I'm all-in.

It depends on the soil. If the soil is all salted out and you're trying to use a high brix spray.....you'll make it worse. If you're in high brix soil and you make a mistake and overfeed.....after flushing out all the overage, a light spraying is helpful.

The thing to keep in mind with foliar sprays is that mostly they shouldn't be used UNLESS the soil has been tested and the lab is recommending a spray.

Thanks doc it's your kit soil so no worries there just a couple that are getting a little crispy and wasn't sure if stress would help with that or make it worse. Have a good day!

Crispy might be overstating it a bit. Rusty spots and leaves Browning from the tips on my landrace amazonias. I think it was a page back when I posted a pic of the very first sign of it. Then I did the cat drenched and it's got a little worse. It's mostly at the top to middle of the plant.

Crispy might be overstating it a bit. Rusty spots and leaves Browning from the tips on my landrace amazonias. I think it was a page back when I posted a pic of the very first sign of it. Then I did the cat drenched and it's got a little worse. It's mostly at the top to middle of the plant.

Hmmmm. Please post another pic and the "Gang" will all chime in a see what can be done.

Everything you've done is per directions so far, right?

Hmmmm. Please post another pic and the "Gang" will all chime in a see what can be done.

Everything you've done is per directions so far, right?

Yup, best I can follow them. When I do sprays they get 2ml of spray to two oz of distilled water and then drenches I usually do about 6ml of drench with 1-2ml of tea in filtered water for the three plants and tried to follow the schedule.

My plushberry is doing fantastic and nothing is different between them except I started feeding the amazonias a little less drench and a bit lighter on the sprays also when you first advised they were getting over fed.

This link has the best pics I have until the lights come on tonight. If you scroll down to the amazonias you can see the start of what I am talking about in the last couple pics. I got the one that was looking bad in these pics to calm down and it hasn't got worse but the other amazonia has acted up now and has lots of rusty spotted leaves. The catdrench seemed to kick their ass. I will post more pics in here tonight once they wake up.

Thanks all!

Linky
SmokeyMcFly's Plushberry & WOS Brazil Amazonia HighBrix LED Grow

Yup, best I can follow them. When I do sprays they get 2ml of spray to two oz of distilled water and then drenches I usually do about 6ml of drench with 1-2ml of tea in filtered water for the three plants and tried to follow the schedule.

My plushberry is doing fantastic and nothing is different between them except I started feeding the amazonias a little less drench and a bit lighter on the sprays also when you first advised they were getting over fed.

This link has the best pics I have until the lights come on tonight. If you scroll down to the amazonias you can see the start of what I am talking about in the last couple pics. I got the one that was looking bad in these pics to calm down and it hasn't got worse but the other amazonia has acted up now and has lots of rusty spotted leaves. The catdrench seemed to kick their ass. I will post more pics in here tonight once they wake up.

Thanks all!

Linky

What size pots are you and what kind of water? I've had similar leaf crisp that I attributed to those two factors.

What size pots are you and what kind of water? I've had similar leaf crisp that I attributed to those two factors.

7gal equiv air pots and the water is filtered with a hydro-logic tall boy with upgraded chloramine filter. I got the filter on 7-27 so they went almost a month of possibly getting chloramine before that. The plants did look perfectly healthy when I switched to the filter though so not sure if the chloramine was bothering them if there was even any in my water to start with.

These pics are a week after getting filter.

7gal equiv air pots and the water is filtered with a hydro-logic tall boy with upgraded chloramine filter. I got the filter on 7-27 so they went almost a month of possibly getting chloramine before that. The plants did look perfectly healthy when I switched to the filter though so not sure if the chloramine was bothering them if there was even any in my water to start with.

These pics are a week after getting filter.

7gal airpots are actually just a bit over 5gal of soil. What's PPM of tap water? I had issues with tap and 7g airpots. Similar symptoms after the cat

7gal airpots are actually just a bit over 5gal of soil. What's PPM of tap water? I had issues with tap and 7g airpots. Similar symptoms after the cat

Not sure TBH.

Also my filter has a 5 micron sediment filter if that matters any. The filter is installed right before the water softener so it shouldn't be picking anything up from that.

I have 15gal equiv air pots on the way for my next grow so if its a pot size problem I shouldn't have it on the next go round at least :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom