InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Its hard to imagine all of the landrace genetics that were lost to crossing.
I hope that there is some collector out there that will share what they have been hoarding for years.

There are some breeders trying to resurrect some of the older strains.
I believe that Kevin Jodrey is still working on the skunk project. He's trying to get the esters from the original skunk. The scent was bred out of these plants for stealth reasons.
He found one from the 80s-90s kept in some guys seed library. He was doing back crosses last I heard.
He's trying for the burnt rubber and loud skunk esters. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Shed can I use some of the EVOO I made to make brownies or would the EVOO make the brownies taste weird ?

If you have a sensetive palet you may be able to taste the evoo. I use evoo in my cookie recipes and I don't mind the taste. It's hard to taste it with all of that cannabis in there anyway. I'm sure if I blanched my cannabis I would be able to pick the evoo flavors out much easier.
Chocolate does hide the taste pretty well though.

If you have a sensetive palet you may be able to taste the evoo. I use evoo in my cookie recipes and I don't mind the taste. It's hard to taste it with all of that cannabis in there anyway. I'm sure if I blanched my cannabis I would be able to pick the evoo flavors out much easier.
Chocolate does hide the taste pretty well though.
I think I am going to try making a batch of brownies with some of the EVOO I made I hope its not over powering taste wise

Did you ever get a medicine that tasted good when you were a child? :laugh:
Yes but there are better tasting strains out there that I would be interested in. I think it is great they are trying to bring back something as close to the original strain as possible I hope they do more of that but I would choose a different strain then a burnt rubber tasting one

Very well put VG.

I hope we get so see such a seed supplier in the future. Interesting info about that chap, Kevin. :blunt:
Check him out on YouTube. He's a really interesting and highly knowledgeable. He has his skunk project on there as well.
burnt rubber and loud skunk esters, Yuk I don't think I would like the taste or smell but its good to bring back the old strains
Sounds super yummy to me.
I'd rather have that 1000% than some of these ridiculous fruit strains.
I guess it all about personal preference. For instance, banana strains sound so disgusting to me that everytime I see a banana strain I cringe. They actually found a way to ruin cannabis for me. Lol.
The next person may be head-over-heels in love with the same plant.

Did you ever get a medicine that tasted good when you were a child? :laugh:

Yes. Amoxicillin, the pink one. I would sneak in the fridge to get an extra taste. :D

Highya ITS,

I'm wondering about your proposed timeline. 3 months between each grow doesn't seem enough to do justice your way. That would be my only concern. The rest of the plan looks doable. Yeah, very nice strains you've chosen! Cheers

my latest colorful flowchart outlining my next three grows
Excellent grow planning Shedster :thumb: I might appropriate that style to plan out my next ones

Why is it you need to grow 2x Candida at once? :hmmmm: Would one be enough? That would get you out of having 4 at once for a time after the May flip... Is it a quantity thing, or an ‘insurance’ thing?

And hey - we will have a Colombian Gold running at almost the same time! :high-five: Mine will be a bit later than yours but they will likely be alive together for a good while.
and you may not hold me to any of this should I change my mind

hope that there is some collector out there that will share what they have been hoarding for years.
On the Durban, and other African land races, @Carmen Ray mentioned @Lerugged - he is currently doing exactly this with seeds left to him by his grandfather. He’s pheno hunting through them :) and will make seeds eventually.

By all accounts in the Landrace101 thread and at LR’s the general consensus is that Dutch Passion’s version is cut with some indica somewhere along the line. Still great and probably 80-90% sativa tho’. Sounds like it might be underwhelming too if Shed has heard reports of its mediocrity. I’ve heard it mentioned more favourably elsewhere tho, which must be on this forum somewhere because I don’t go anywhere else.

everytime I see a banana strain I cringe. They actually found a way to ruin cannabis for me. Lol.
Me too! :laughtwo:

I recently grew a White Widow from Dope Seeds that had, and still has, strong burnt-rubber terps. Not my cup of tea at all but I have heard that it’s a holy grail terpene for some folks. Gives me a shocking headache. Luckily it makes good pain oil :cheesygrinsmiley:

Excellent grow planning Shedster :thumb: I might appropriate that style to plan out my next ones

Why is it you need to grow 2x Candida at once? :hmmmm: Would one be enough? That would get you out of having 4 at once for a time after the May flip... Is it a quantity thing, or an ‘insurance’ thing?

And hey - we will have a Colombian Gold running at almost the same time! :high-five: Mine will be a bit later than yours but they will likely be alive together for a good while.

On the Durban, and other African land races, @Carmen Ray mentioned @Lerugged - he is currently doing exactly this with seeds left to him by his grandfather. He’s pheno hunting through them :) and will make seeds eventually.

By all accounts in the Landrace101 thread and at LR’s the general consensus is that Dutch Passion’s version is cut with some indica somewhere along the line. Still great and probably 80-90% sativa tho’. Sounds like it might be underwhelming too if Shed has heard reports of its mediocrity. I’ve heard it mentioned more favourably elsewhere tho, which must be on this forum somewhere because I don’t go anywhere else.

Me too! :laughtwo:

I recently grew a White Widow from Dope Seeds that had, and still has, strong burnt-rubber terps. Not my cup of tea at all but I have heard that it’s a holy grail terpene for some folks. Gives me a shocking headache. Luckily it makes good pain oil :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yay! Amy! I have some of those WW seeds from Dope. You just got me all excited!!:yahoo::thanks:

My thoughts are what is this "planning" thing? I couldn't find it at my grow shop Mr. Shed! Also if you know where I can get a bottle of "focus" that would be awesome. CHeers!
It's in the "landrace sativa" aisle Pbass ;).
GT is a cross of a Thai Female with a Malawi male. On top of the strain seeming to have quite a few phenos, Ace has reworked the strain a bunch of times. The latest version is a sort of double Thai x double Malawi. The first GT I ever grew remains my holy grail favorite that I’ve tried to find ever since. Smoked my way through that one to the very last puff the whole time kicking myself for not cloning or revegging it.

That one was very Thai leaning. All the GTs I’ve grown out since have been much more Malawi influenced. I’m still working on finding a Thai pheno.

Malawi is very nice too though. It is quite speedy. The Malawi phenos are usually closer to 12 weeks if I recall right.

Every GT I’ve grown has been different though.
If it has a sort of grape koolaid smell that’s more of a Malawi thing. Thai has a spicy sandalwood type smell.

If you don’t mind a little training then they’re easy enough to control. If you want a single cola untrained look then it’s better to flip after a few weeks veg.
Great info, thanks Weasel! I'm pretty good at training so we'll see how I do. I took a look at that single cola one you grew...crazy!

And if I get one that smells like spicy sandalwood I will save you a clone :thumb:.
I always had DP in the back of my head
Maybe that's what's causing the pressure on your nerves?
Shed can I use some of the EVOO I made to make brownies or would the EVOO make the brownies taste weird ?
I'd defer to the cooks among us, though to me nothing replaces butter in baking.
I'm sure if I blanched my cannabis I would be able to pick the evoo flavors out much easier.
Well blanch my cannabis! I have no idea what you're talking about.
Did you ever get a medicine that tasted good when you were a child?
Not me, but when I was growing up no one gave a shit how kids' medicine tasted. Even chewable baby aspirin tasted orange awful (remember when they thought it was okay to give aspirin to children :) ).
I think I am going to try making a batch of brownies with some of the EVOO I made I hope its not over powering taste wise
Report back PCa!
banana strains sound so disgusting to me
Yes, so we've learned ;).
They actually found a way to ruin cannabis for me.
I felt the same way when I smelled my first cheese strain. YUCK!
Yes. Amoxicillin, the pink one. I would sneak in the fridge to get an extra taste.
LOLOLOLOL!
Highya ITS,
I'm wondering about your proposed timeline. 3 months between each grow doesn't seem enough to do justice your way. That would be my only concern. The rest of the plan looks doable. Yeah, very nice strains you've chosen! Cheers
Thanks Bode! It doesn't really need to be three months between grows, as I don't mind having solo cups and 1 gallon pots at the same time as plants in flower. It's really more of a case of not overlapping anything in full-sized pots.

Which is not to say I have completely sorted out the veg timing :rolleyes: . It's hard to do that in the winter as some plants grow much more slowly this time of year. We'll see...
I'm also in search of a strain giving me more hours by the day
I think that's methamphetamine.
Excellent grow planning Shedster
Thank you Amy!
I might appropriate that style to plan out my next ones
Feel free, and if you're into flowcharts, here is where I made that one.
Why is it you need to grow 2x Candida at once?
TBH it's because I'm not sure of the CBD % of the plants individually, so in lieu of having every batch of oil tested I thought it would be better for consistency. Otherwise I would just keep the squat clone and dump the lanky one as you suggested.
we will have a Colombian Gold running at almost the same time!
:high-five:
Sounds like it might be underwhelming too if Shed has heard reports of its mediocrity. I’ve heard it mentioned more favourably elsewhere tho
Maybe I can get smoke reports on the Durban Poison from @Agemon and @DrDoob as they both smoked those buds.
Luckily it makes good pain oil
No cannabinoid wasted! :thumb:
Yay! Amy! I have some of those WW seeds from Dope. You just got me all excited!!
As my dad still likes to say, "chacun à son goût." He doesn't know what it means anymore, so sometimes he replaces the last word with whatever the conversation is about. Chacun à son chair!

Plant pics coming soon...watch this space!

Well blanch my cannabis! I have no idea what you're talking about.
Put in boiling water and then into a ice bath. Then dry and decarb. It is supposed to remove the flavor and scent while keeping thc and cbd.

Put in boiling water and then into a ice bath. Then dry and decarb. It is supposed to remove the flavor and scent while keeping thc and cbd.
As a chef the best way dry ice hash. I'm doing an event with the real Durban Poison tomorrow evening. Dry ice kief through 78 120 or 160 screen.
Decarb 125°c 30 min.
The first two screens almost zero flavour. Last has a little but any spice will cover it. Once decarbed a 1/8tsp is a mild dose. 1/4 tsp will kick your ass.

Back
Top Bottom