InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

It's not the pH of your water that matters, it's the alkalinity. High alk water will raise any the pH of any medium over time, but I would think the ProMix would handle a single grow without modification.

And just to reiterate, lowering the pH of your nute water will not change the pH of the medium or affect the rate of rise over time. If you're worried, you could consider adding lime to the mix before using it. I'd ask @farside05 for details on that modification.

I finally looked up my local water alkalinity and I'm at 290ppm avg, 250ppm min, 340ppm max. Should I be looking into things to add/change for future grows?

SweetSue dropped this video in one of her less-popular threads and I thought I'd post it here for y'all. I watched it at 1.25 speed, if that helps anyone:

Thanks for sharing that Shed I really enjoyed it. That helps explain why different people get different responses to different strains of Cannabis.

Hey Shed,
what should i do with some fresh coco loco that has been flushed with plenty of ph'd water before seedlings were put in it?
Has the soil already been damaged to the point where you wouldnt use it?
Or just using regular tap water from this point forward would be fine?

Is Coco Loco a brand of coco? Is it pre-buffered so it won’t have a negative CEC (steals Ca, Mg from nutrient solution)? You must pH for coco (it isn’t the same as ProMix).

Is Coco Loco a brand of coco? Is it pre-buffered so it won’t have a negative CEC (steals Ca, Mg from nutrient solution)? You must pH for coco (it isn’t the same as ProMix).
it is a soil mix that has coco in it. i believe it is pre buffered.
i want to do a run using straight tap water but made that decision after i had mixed the coco loco with extra perlite and flushed it good with ph'd water.
i was wondering if it would be fine to continue with just straight tap and MC, or if the one flush with water and ph down had already made a negative impact on the soil?

it is a soil mix that has coco in it. i believe it is pre buffered.
i want to do a run using straight tap water but made that decision after i had mixed the coco loco with extra perlite and flushed it good with ph'd water.
i was wondering if it would be fine to continue with just straight tap and MC, or if the one flush with water and ph down had already made a negative impact on the soil?

Okay, thanks.
:high-five:
In that case, you’re probably good to go, with no pH adjustments needed, as long as there’s an adequate amount of buffer (lime) in the mix.

Okay, thanks.
:high-five:
In that case, you’re probably good to go, with no pH adjustments needed, as long as there’s an adequate amount of buffer (lime) in the mix.
thats kinda the direction i was thinking, but wanted to know what Shed thought.
Back in the day i never ph'd water for soil but over time kinda fell in with the bunch that seems to be the majority.
You know what i mean.
Now i am going back to what worked with a new addition of MC and see how that goes.

Is this some way of telling you are hyperactive
LOL! Not hyperactive, just pressed for time :).
Hey Shed,
what should i do with some fresh coco loco that has been flushed with plenty of ph'd water before seedlings were put in it?
Has the soil already been damaged to the point where you wouldnt use it?
Or just using regular tap water from this point forward would be fine?
Well...let's see what's in this Coco Loco:
Coco Loco is a Foxfarm coco/perlite mix
Coco coir +
Perlite
Earthworm castings
Fossilized bat guano
Norwegian kelp meal
Oyster shell
Dolomite Lime
Thanks. And :welcome: to my journal as well as the 420mag website sadhu!
as long as there’s an adequate amount of buffer (lime) in the mix.
Since coco is a very porous medium generally, and perlite makes it even more porous, I wonder how they get all the extra ingredients to stay put. I would think that watering to runoff every time (drain to waste is the coco way I believe) would clear the coco of everything they put in.

But, let's assume that FF knows what they're doing with this product. When you say you flushed with plenty of water, what would you say in amounts? How many gallons of water did you pour through how much Coco Loco? Unless it was a huge amount of water, I'd say it's all good.

As Felipe mentioned, I'd be a bit less aggressive with the MC amounts early on because of the amount of nitrogen in the guano (the earthworm castings and kelp don't offer much NPK). Keep an eye on your leaves as you go and use them as your guide.

In terms of pH, I'd still pH my nutes around 6.0, as I don't know how long that lime will act as a buffer in coco.

If you start a grow journal, post a link to it here so we can all keep track of how you're doing. Until then, feel free to post more questions here! Here's the link on creating a journal:

I hope you're all ready for a pic drop update! Saturday night's alright for fighting, but it's really good for checking out what's happening with my grow :).

Let's start with the winter grow:

And the individual pics...

Fruit Punch, day 22:

Purple Skunk Krush 1, day 19:

Purple Skunk Krush 2, day 19:

Golden Tiger 1, day 22:

Golden Tiger 2, day 22 (started LST today):

Besides starting LST on the really tall GT2, I decided it was time to trim the mother plants. Except for the Candida, the rest were big enough to flower! Here are the before and after pics, and I put the clones in the after pics so you can see what could be the next generation of mothers in case my trimming kills them (@ProfessorFlora).

Candida:

It's It Punch:

DTF:

And Sour G, which has no next generation clones, so I went a bit easier in it:

That was my Saturday in the garden! I hope your Saturday night involves no fighting. :peace:

The younglings have a bright future in front of them.

But lets talk about your so called "grass".....I see through this sham.

The younglings have a bright future in front of them.

But lets talk about your so called "grass".....I see through this sham.
BVB, I’m surprised you didn’t know that “InTheShed” is just his screen name. His real identity is Mike Brady.

Back
Top Bottom